Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-27-2011, 06:41 PM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

What she said was constructive criticism.

Unless you are talking with a moderator PM's are basically useless.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:33 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Deleted for being off topic...

Last edited by User22; 03-30-2011 at 09:56 AM..
Old 03-27-2011, 10:57 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

As a matter of fact, there are a lot of other things I could be doing, but there is nothing I'd rather be doing. Maybe that's a sad state of affairs, but I don't think so. Alizee changed my life. Before finding out about her, I had gone through 7 years of depression. Seven years of being depressed every day. That all changed the day I was searching for a Madonna song and stumbled upon a beautiful young French girl singing LIB.

Now I'm just about as happy as I can be, considering ever since 9/11 my job has been constantly in jeapordy. Something it still is today and I'm at an age where it would be tough to find an equitable job in this industry.

As I'm sure most of you know. I work for an airline. I can fly anywhere in this country for free. I'm off for 3 days now. There are so many places I could be going, but I don't. I enjoy being in here. Actually I could still go and bring my laptop and stay up to date here but I don't. But the main reason for that is on my vacations, I like to travel overseas which is an expensive endeavor. So far in the past year, in december I went to Madrid and Athens. In january I went to Lisbon. In febuary I went to Barcelona, Nice and Monaco. In another 2 weeks, I'm going to Prague, Vienna and Budapest. But I can assure you I will have my laptop with me and I will be in here as often as I can. So I don't travel much on my weekends off to save money for my vacations.

Because as I said before, Alizee changed my life and I love following her career. Unfortunately she doesn't keep in touch with her fans much and there have been some long dry spells we've gone through as far as getting new music or any kind of information about what's going on, so someone like me, looks for something to talk about. A lot of other people here do it to. They start topics like her hair, her nose, her teeth. I try and look for more meaningful things to discuss. With this thread, I thought the blue and white dress looked like a maternity dress and it did fit the description of a maternity dress and I'm sure MF had a lot to do with the choosing of the dress. So I wondered why would she choose such a dress and I thought she might be trying to warn Alizee that if she wasn't careful, she might need one soon. It's a little far fetched, but not that far outrageous, so I presented my thoughts to the forum. We debated it and in the end, I was convinced it was a trapeze dress. End of discussion.

Now during the discussion, JM posted a thread that had several thoughts in it, one of which was that UEDS wasn't that good. Someone took exception to that and I took exception to their exception. Some sniping was done back and forth. Then Edcognito came in here, more or less saying to keep things civil and it was I think a dead issue at that point. Then HS came in and tried to flame a thread for the second time in recent weeks in the same way he's been accusing me of doing it. He even made accusations of hijacking the thread and it was my thread to begin with.

Then Euphoria comes along with her 2 cents. All I can say is I believe it was Aaronius who came up with the idea of the MDO label on certain threads. It's because of members like Euphoria, that we need it on all threads.

Now many of you may think my criticism of Alizee is an attack on her and I suppose in a way it is. If I think she does something wrong, I wont hesitate to say so. If she comes out with an album and I think it sucks, I will say it sucks. In the past, maybe I've gone a little overboard in my criticism, exagerrating to a point, but I try hard not to do that any more so if I say something is crap, that is my true feeling and I state my true feelings because I want her to know there are fans out there that think she's making mistakes and unless those mistakes are corrected, her career will soon end. I think there are too many fans here who kiss her behind, telling her she is great, telling her she can do no wrong and because of them, she is right at the edge of that career ending cliff.

Now some of you may think because of my criticism, I don't really love her.Well I've probably been the biggest contributor to this forum in the past few years. Do you think I would do that if I didn't' love her music? I'm sure you all know what I did with the radio ads. By the way the cost for that was in the 4g neighborhood, not 3 as I had posted. Do you think I would do that if I didn't believe in her? A lot of you probably don't know I made a recent offer to help finance her next album that far exceeds what I did with the radio ads. So I put my money where my mouth is. How many people in here can say that?

I can assure you I'm not in a great financial situation to do what I've done and what I've proposed to do. I drive a 17 year old pick up that looks every bit of it's age. I have a house that needs probably more work than it's worth, but I'm working hard to correct that. I don't even have an HD tv. I could have spent the money I spent on those ads on one that would have been far bigger than anyone else in here has, but I chose to spend it on Alizee. I have 2 things I love to do. The second thing is thanks to Alizee, vacationing in Europe. I was able to see how beautiful a place Europe is to visit and even though I can fly over there relatively cheaply, it's still very expensive for me to go over there, but I will continue to do so, because it's my second love, and of course my first love is Alizee. Words can't describe what she has meant to me. So I will continue every day to follow her, continue to support her, continue to criticize her if I deem it necessary, continue to look for ideas to post concerning her career that may or may not be controversial, until the day comes when she starts giving us info on a regular basis. So get used to it.

By the way Euphoria, if you think I spent too much time on this thread, you're really going to think I spent too much time on this one and one last thought. I really would like to tell you what you can do with yourself, but I've tried to overlook ignorant comments like this. Sometimes I've failed, but I'm improving and will continue to do so. How about you?
http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6314

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 03-27-2011 at 11:37 PM..
Old 03-27-2011, 11:12 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

Here, here.
The discussion about the dress is only a bit of fun.
It's frivilous. Nothing more. Nothing less?

Last edited by Junkmale; 03-27-2011 at 11:18 PM..
Old 03-27-2011, 11:59 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Deleted for being off topic...

Last edited by User22; 03-30-2011 at 09:56 AM..
Old 03-28-2011, 01:19 AM

I have to add just one last comment. Has anyone in this forum done as much as me to put this forum on the map as far as Alizee is concerned as much as I have with what happened at the album signing at the Virgin Megastore in Paris in march, 2010? Something that would have never happened if it weren't for the efforts of FanDeAliFee and Ben who kept this forum going.

Can anyone else here say they have done as much as I have to promote Alizee as I have. My Youtube videos alone have just gone past the 200,000 mark in views, not to mention what I did with my radio adsl. Just about every one of my Youtube videos is related to Alizee. Does anyone in here who has posted videos have numbers any wheres near that mark? This isn't to mention all the other things I have done trying to promote her. Writing to magazines, talk shows, college forums, anything I could think of.

Who else in here has done as much for other members in here as I have done? With my offer to get autographed cds last year. Who else in here would have done that? I honestly think there is no one in here who would have done that. After I came back from Paris, I had several autographed cds left over. I could have easily posted them on Ebay and tried to make some money for myself, but no, I've been slowly but surely contacting members one by one, trying to find members who I thought were most deserving.

Last year when FanDeAliFee proposed that we offer a scholorship to the dance school that Alizee attended on Corsica, he asked me to be more or less the treasurer. Then there was I would say to make things brief was a breakdown in communication where he asked me to be removed from that position. At that point I didn't know what was going on with it. I was prepared to go over there myself and present a thousand euros of my own money to present as a scholarship, but I had no idea what was going on with FanDeAliFee's efforts so I thought it would look bad for us to have 2 different people show up concerning the same effort and in the end, nothing was done which is a tremendous shame. I think it would have made a tremendous impression on Alizee, concerning people in this forum and this country if this had happened.
So think what ever you want to think. I really don't care.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 03-28-2011 at 01:34 AM..
Old 03-28-2011, 02:11 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
...So think what ever you want to think. I really don't care.
Your entire post shows you really do care.

Scruffy, you have done a lot. Don't let ignorant people bend you out of shape over trivia simply because they have not yet learned how to use the English language in a positive way.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:24 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
Scruffy, do you really have nothing better to do than sit around and debate a dress? Doing that much research is ridiculous. I know you think MF is some sort of Stalinesque dictator, but give it a break. It was supposed to be childlike and easy to take on/off.
First, you got RobandSandy banned here. Now, you are trying to bait Scruffy to do the same. Why can't people who stopped being a fan just go away? Move on! Stop spewing your hate here. If not for people like Scruffy, this site would probably have been long gone or would have been very boring.

Dave, your work here is very much appreciated. Don't let people like Euphoria make you think otherwise. Don't take the bait.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:45 AM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

I guess I'm "ignorant" for expressing my opinion. Sorry, but I don't tiptoe around people to try and please them, I'm going to speak my mind. Tbh Scruffy, I find your "love" for Alizee rather unsettling, but I can say that is the case for many of her fans. That's just my opinion and I'm entitled to it. If anyone doesn't like my comments, don't respond to them. Lots of people here have some rather interesting ideas, but some of them border on conspiracy theories. You have no facts to back up your opinions and treating your opinions as fact is laughable. There's nothing wrong with a little speculation, but I guess you guys are bored from the lack of recent Alizee material.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
Tbh Scruffy, I find your "love" for Alizee rather unsettling,.
My love for Alizee I find hard to describe myself. I have seen many beautiful singers in my years. Singers whose songs I have loved, but no wheres near as many songs as I have loved of Alizee. I could have very easily gone to Corsica on any of my trips to Europe. Alizee goes there on a regular basis to be with family and there's a good chance I could have met up with her. But that doesn't interest me. I'm not that interested in seeing her in person as I am seeing her perform.

The pleasure of meeting her in person last march was a great honor, but once again, it's not what I really want. I want to see her perform on stage. She is an incredibly beautiful young woman, with a beautiful voice and a incredibly beautiful talent for dancing, born out of many years of study and practice. So if there is something wrong with me wanting to see her perform, hang me now. I will put the noose around my own neck.