Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 09-08-2009, 12:28 PM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Default Condolences, Jungadoré.

Jung, we're very sorry to hear about what happened to your sister. We're all going to miss her very much. Perhaps young Jalen most of all...

...But you say you still know people. Living people. People that know people. See? Works for me! This is not so farfetched.

So here's what we've got so far. Suggestions in no set or particular order.

Dear Miss Alizée,

We all (blahblahblah) adore you (blahblahblah) and (AlizeeAmerica.com) (blahblahblah)...

We want to help you to conquer the US. To that end, here are our top suggestions on how to wow the populace and take your rightful place as queen of the world: (we can all edit this stuff later, too)

1) Appear on a charity telethon or two! --Jalen, his tub, CA

2) Be on SNL. Or Letterman. Or Ferguson, or even Kimmel, or O'Brian. Or Leno. Or any or all of 'em! (Worked for Lily Allen, Kylie Minogue, Dido, Nelly Furtado, countless other furriners) --stinky53, Toad Suck Dam, AR

3) Consider moving to L.A. for a year, like "Becks" and "Posh" did! Everybody knows them now. And everything they say, do, eat, etc.... --Chuck, Wisconsin

4) Be Yourself. And stay classy, stay classic, stay French. I think all Americans hold an image of graceful, beautiful, strong french women, yet we know very few faces or names to represent that image. A couple movie stars, maybe? but no musical artists. You would fill that void, so to speak, and knock 'em dead! --(from all of us.) (hmmm?)

5) Next?

6,7,8....)
I know there've been tons of other great suggestions already posted elsewhere in the forum. I'll try to copy some of those to here in the upcoming days. Anyone else noticing those, please do so too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRO87 View Post
I love your enthusiasm guys... sadly I can't share it
Sorry to hear that. You mean because you're in Germany, right? (If that's it) you'll probably still have ideas. And once Alizee becomes famous in the US, it may improve her presence and status worldwide---even in Germany!

'Spater, tater! - chuck

Last edited by Chuck; 09-08-2009 at 12:39 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-08-2009, 04:39 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

well, for one, she can start acknowledging us American fans! she does it a lot with her Mexican fans.

Old 09-08-2009, 05:47 PM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Sorry to hear that. You mean because you're in Germany, right? (If that's it) you'll probably still have ideas. And once Alizee becomes famous in the US, it may improve her presence and status worldwide---even in Germany!

'Spater, tater! - chuck
it is not because I'm in Germany... just can't imagine that it works... but I wish you good luck guys!

and about success in Germany - I guess if the new album will be great and the promotion thingy works better than with Psychédélices she'll be "back in action" again without the USA... she was famous here we need just some promo CDs to wake people up... but right now I'm pretty pessimistic
And all I see is life, life in a beautiful light."
Old 09-08-2009, 05:53 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
some ppl were talking about her touring with other French artists like Yelle, of whom ive never heard of but it would be a start. but also we have to think about whether or not she (and her label and others) would like to do it. If i had to choose somebody for her to tour with, id say Madonna. it would be a win win situation cause it would be a dream come true for Alizée (most importantly), a dream come true for us to see her here , and a small plus for Madonna for the extra ticket sales. what do you guys think?
i feel mine is a rather weak/last option idea that we should think about and modify a little more to make it stronger . I posted this a while ago, some liked it some didnt. Put it up if you want Chuck. But reflecting on this now though, it would be nice to see a Madonna concert and all that, but im not really interested in her lol. Plus it would kinda suck to only see Alizée do a song or two and Madonna for the rest, but better than not seeing her here at all right? so like i said, lets think about it (my quote) more and change it up a bit *ahem savvy members*

Last edited by Fall; 09-08-2009 at 08:13 PM..
Old 09-08-2009, 06:31 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
I don't actually have a sister so quit trying to hit on her
i meant in the context of how said sister would have access to Alizée...

Quote:
1) Appear on a charity telethon or two! --Jalen, his tub, CA
very random yet made me chuckle.

Actually it's my theater chair with my laptop on my belly.

Last edited by user472884; 09-08-2009 at 06:32 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-08-2009, 08:01 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

This is a good idea, except I wouldn't direct the letters at Alizée. She knows this stuff, and will do what she wants regardless. Like Mexico, getting her here is up to us - build it and she will come. So send letters to the media instead. Rather than telling Alizée to appear on Letterman, for example, tell Letterman to check out Alizée. I think radio stations are the first step. Getting her played there will give us something to approach the bigger TV guns with.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:33 PM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRO87 View Post
just can't imagine that it works... but I wish you good luck guys!
letter can be delivered to Alizée, in many ways, that sure will work.

I think the letter would encourage Alizée to do something in the U.S, or even give her ideas about what to do . But we can always send this type of letters to the media, just like Ben said!
Old 09-08-2009, 09:33 PM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Angry Give up, give out, give in????!!

HR: Während dein Englisch sehr gut ist, hat dein Meinung noch einen deutschen Akzent. Vielleicht werden wir etwas beide lernen. Veilleicht...

Ben, Ben, Ben, Ben, Ben. I am new here, but I was thinking that was what you guys had been doing for years. We should definitely keep up those approaches as well (I've got more sticker ideas I still plan to draw up, too.) But I thought this might be something new to try.

Edgar likes the idea. And he knows miracles! He's met the lady! He says it's sure to work, so I might just prefer his opinion.

BEN, HR: thanks for your input. If you guys think we should just give up, just say so and, okay, fine, I'm done. I promise not to be mad, or quit the forum, or anything unseemly.

But I do dislike giving up.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:36 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
HR: Während dein Englisch sehr gut ist, hat dein Meinung noch einen deutschen Akzent. Vielleicht werden wir etwas beide lernen. Veilleicht...

Ben, Ben, Ben, Ben, Ben. I am new here, but I was thinking that was what you guys had been doing for years. We should definitely keep up those approaches as well (I've got more sticker ideas I still plan to draw up, too.) But I thought this might be something new to try.

Edgar likes the idea. And he knows miracles! He's met the lady! He says it's sure to work, so I might just prefer his opinion.

BEN, HR: thanks for your input. If you guys think we should just give up, just say so and, okay, fine, I'm done. I promise not to be mad, or quit the forum, or anything unseemly.

But I do dislike giving up.
No giving up! That would be giving up our dreams to see her here! I'm with ya Chuck!
Old 09-08-2009, 09:49 PM

Alex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
No giving up! That would be giving up our dreams to see her here! I'm with ya Chuck!
NO giving up!!!! We have to give it a shot! Im with you too Chuck!
I also really really like the sticker idea!

The thing is that unless someone does not take the initiative on this movement and gets well organized we are going nowhere, but I am 1000% signed up to support Chuck or anyone who starts this movement and promotion!

Time is coming to a close, and we need to prepare for the promotion; letters, t-shirts, stickers, posters, and more we are a good group of fans scattered/ grouped all around the US, if we get the material out and the letters Im pretty sure we can accomplish huge goals.

( sorry for any errors, posted using an ipod )

Tags
fan, french connection letter, mail