Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-18-2011, 04:27 PM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

Old 06-18-2011, 05:24 PM
Super User

Paulina is on a distinguished road

I thought I read somewhere that Alizee said that Mylene was planning on discontinuing work with her at some point and they both agreed to stop working with one another or something. :S
Old 06-18-2011, 05:36 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeNY View Post
..................................... Hell, the only reason I and most Americans know ML exists is because of Alizee.
Well nothing could be further from the truth. I believe even before she discovered Alizee, Mylene Farmer was know as the most successful female singer in French history and since they have split up, she has expanded on that. I started a thread over a year ago where I mentioned after the release of her second album (Mylene's) since the break up, she staged 2 concerts at an 80,000 seat stadium in France. The tickets for the first one sold out within 2 hours and the other one wasn't far behind. She has a very large following in France.

I think there is a lot of truth in what Bigdan has to say. It was mostly rumors that led to the belief that there was bad blood between the two. Trouble is the rumors weren't really that unbelievable so it's easy to see how people who are easliy led a stray could take stock in them.

I think there might be some truth in what Euphoria has to say to. When I went to the autograph session last year, Neil I believe his name was went with me. He's from the States and him and his girl friend had been teaching in France for the past couple of years and it was very interesting to hear them talk about the many differences between the French and us.

For instance he said in this country we're pretty much taught that if a stranger comes up to you smile and say hi or something to that affect, then if he curses at you, you smash him in the face (just kidding) where as in France if you walk up to someone, they're not going to even smile at you until they find out what you are all about. I noticed that numerous times myself on my different vacations there. Several times I went up to people to ask them directions and at first the look on their face wasn't a welcoming look but just about in every case I found them to be tremendously helpful once they realized what I wanted. There were many other differences they spoke of too. How they're schooled is also very interesting so I could see where they might possibly be more critical than us, but I certainly can't say that for sure.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 06-18-2011 at 05:43 PM..
Old 06-18-2011, 06:24 PM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Well nothing could be further from the truth. I believe even before she discovered Alizee, Mylene Farmer was know as the most successful female singer in French history and since they have split up, she has expanded on that. I started a thread over a year ago where I mentioned after the release of her second album (Mylene's) since the break up, she staged 2 concerts at an 80,000 seat stadium in France. The tickets for the first one sold out within 2 hours and the other one wasn't far behind. She has a very large following in France.

I think there is a lot of truth in what Bigdan has to say. It was mostly rumors that led to the belief that there was bad blood between the two. Trouble is the rumors weren't really that unbelievable so it's easy to see how people who are easliy led a stray could take stock in them.

I think there might be some truth in what Euphoria has to say to. When I went to the autograph session last year, Neil I believe his name was went with me. He's from the States and him and his girl friend had been teaching in France for the past couple of years and it was very interesting to hear them talk about the many differences between the French and us.

For instance he said in this country we're pretty much taught that if a stranger comes up to you smile and say hi or something to that affect, then if he curses at you, you smash him in the face (just kidding) where as in France if you walk up to someone, they're not going to even smile at you until they find out what you are all about. I noticed that numerous times myself on my different vacations there. Several times I went up to people to ask them directions and at first the look on their face wasn't a welcoming look but just about in every case I found them to be tremendously helpful once they realized what I wanted. There were many other differences they spoke of too. How they're schooled is also very interesting so I could see where they might possibly be more critical than us, but I certainly can't say that for sure.
And if I can add also a difference that only non american people can be aware of, I think...
There is always cultural differences between nations.
But, USA is special in this way : you ( americans) can't hardly have a good knowledge of every country in the world, when mostly every nation know about american culture without doing anything more than watching TV series and hollywood movies...

I think it's a major difference. Not only american history but way of life is always present in many ways in French culture, more than you may think...(to adopt it or criticize it either)

Old 06-18-2011, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdan View Post
And if I can add also a difference that only non american people can be aware of, I think...
There is always cultural differences between nations.
But, USA is special in this way : you ( americans) can't hardly have a good knowledge of every country in the world, when mostly every nation know about american culture without doing anything more than watching TV series and hollywood movies...

I think it's a major difference. Not only american history but way of life is always present in many ways in French culture, more than you may think...(to adopt it or criticize it either)

That's very funny and I'm sure very true.
Old 06-18-2011, 07:46 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Good God, the idea of American national culture being represented by Hollywood movies and -- even worse -- TV shows -- I shudder.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 06-18-2011, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Good God, the idea of American national culture being represented by Hollywood movies and -- even worse -- TV shows -- I shudder.
And well you should shudder. On a recent trip to Europe, I think Athens to be exact, while surfing through the local channels after a long day of touring, the American tv shows I came across were Sanford and son, and All in the family. Couldn't they come up with something more recent. Maybe it's better they didn't. What would they think of a show such as man vs food.
Old 06-18-2011, 11:13 PM
Super User

Paulina is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
What would they think of a show such as man vs food.
Or Jersey Shore? Ugh...
Old 06-19-2011, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulina View Post
Or Jersey Shore? Ugh...
You look at some of the shows that are on today and you have to wonder what people in other countries think of us.
Old 06-19-2011, 12:31 AM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

because alizee once said that they should hop off her swag, but that they might die from the fall.