Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 07-14-2009, 12:52 AM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Hey Edgar,

The thing that matters most is that many people who we are trying to spread the news to in this country would be hearing her for the first time.

Her songs are timeless. They aren't dated by the type of music or by the story they tell like lets say a song about the Vietnam war would be, so the age of her songs "shouldn't" be a factor.

But unfortunately it is, in the narrow minds of the people we need to try and spread the word of Alizée, the dj's, the producers, what have you.
That's exactly what I think. The very first time I heard JEAM I didn't know it was 4 years old, I found the music very catchy and it hooked me up. But the thing is that I'm not really into music, so not everyone thinks like me, or has such an open mind to new music. There is where I get to the conclusion that we the Alizee fans are very especial people .

In my opinion, once you get hooked it doesn't matter if her better songs are getting older, because you already know the beauty of the songs and Alizee. There is where we have problems when spreading the word, because most of the people out there doesn't give a chance to Alizée. (not that they have to).

Im hoping for catchy songs that can satisfy the general public, and deep lyrics that can satisfy myself .

Last edited by edgar93; 07-14-2009 at 12:55 AM..
Old 07-14-2009, 01:31 AM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by super5 View Post
Are the chances of her coming her still very low? or have they gotten higher, cause ive never been to a concert, and i'd LOVE for this to be first one.
In my opinion.... like the last album its a coin toss; lets just hope we get lucky this time!

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 07-14-2009, 01:52 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
In my opinion.... like the last album its a coin toss; lets just hope we get lucky this time!
hopefully an educated coin toss!
i mean, psy was a "experimental album" so im gonna guess they have a better handle on what the fans want.

Old 07-14-2009, 06:18 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
hopefully an educated coin toss!
i mean, psy was a "experimental album" so im gonna guess they have a better handle on what the fans want.
even if It was en experimental album, psyc is till my favorite Album. And I agree with you Edgar and Puffy when I heard her songs for the first time i didnt care it was couple years old, and I still dont, I still have only here songs from all her 3 albums in my MP3 player and that is all i listen to at work and in my car. In my car I burned a cd at home with my favorite songs from all 3 cd's and thats what i been blasting in my car.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:24 PM

omg, the first time i found out about her, the only songs i knew were Moi...Lolita, JEAM and La Isla Bonita.. i had those 3 songs on loop all the FRIGGEN TIME! so the 3.5 hour ride back and forth from college to home? those 3 songs, over and over and over and over and over again.

Old 07-14-2009, 06:24 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

Quote:
omg, the first time i found out about her, the only songs i knew were Moi...Lolita, JEAM and La Isla Bonita.. i had those 3 songs on loop all the FRIGGEN TIME! so the 3.5 hour ride back and forth from college to home? those 3 songs, over and over and over and over and over again.
ahaha same here, with almost almost all those songs.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:25 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
That's nothing.
I once played a song for the entire day on "Repeat One"
It was some indigenous Erhu and Pipa player duo that I just could not get enough of.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:55 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
so I'd be surprised if any of the new songs are in English.
I wouldn't

Quote:
I've heard in this thread and other related ones the fact that her better songs are getting old. This really "shouldn't" be an obstacle. The thing that matters most is that many people who we are trying to spread the news to in this country would be hearing her for the first time.
the thing is you will never see them in concerts anymore and if you do it won't be in the same style

Old 07-15-2009, 02:31 AM

after thinking about it, i don't think that the fact that her songs are "old" should be a problem.

like most people, i had no idea how old her songs were when i was converted.
i was just like "hell, she's gorgeous, knows how to use her body, and is freaking adorable!"

sure, the old ones were amazing, but the new ones are growing on me too.

Old 07-15-2009, 02:08 PM

super5 is on a distinguished road

haha ive been gone child! Brain storm, okay i'll drug her with some sleeping pills and then we can take her here... ohh wait thats illegal.... and wrong... Hmmm out of ideas! :P