Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 07-16-2011, 02:04 AM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

When really really good songs bring back really really bad memories
Old 07-16-2011, 11:23 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

- I don't mind the heat, really, I don't... I just don't particularly care for doing anything other than sitting on a porch drinking grape soda while it's hot out.

- The Elizabeth Celtic Festival. SO dumb. I agreed to go on the off chance that there would be anything 'slightly' authentic there, and was sorely disappointed. Some people wore kilts, but not correct to their clan... and then there were renaissance people who didn't understand what the fuck "Celtic" means (basically, it doesn't make sense to wear a pirate's outfit and the tri-corn leather hat from Ravenswood Leather or walk around with a rapier and a main gauche), and then the WEEABOOS... Actually I'm not sure if these constitute as weeaboos, or if they're some kind of sept of them. I'm talking of course, about the girls who dress like damn forest nymphs with skimpy/simple outfits and fake fairy wings and speaking with an upperclass London accent.

For the food? Were you thinking of corned beef or colcannon or even a slice of soda bread? No... cheeseburgers, curly fries, pickles on a stick, chocolate chip cookies, a selection of ice cream and other frozen treats, and kettle corn.

At least they had some AARP members walking around playing Scotland the Brave over and over again. The stage had some shitty folk band singing nothing but country songs and the occasional Alan Jackson cover (Remember When played with a banjo and a concert flute does not make it Celtic)

The stalls? Walmart sarongs and swapmeet trinkets.

I'm going to make my mom into a meme. "Pays to get into a Celtic Festival. Stops at the very first tent for half and hour and blows $64 on Guatemalan-made items having nothing to do with Celtic culture.

- sunscreen

- Walking into the camera store today and saying quote "I'm going to be spending some time in South America this June and I'm going to be spending a lot of time on the Amazon River so I need something that will take me amazing (with added emphasis with her breath and sudden convulsing black choir-esque gesture) pictures but not some big heavy thing to carry."

This June, eh? bit late for that? And thinking the camera is what determines the quality of the picture?

I think she walked out of there with a Canon S90.
Old 07-17-2011, 04:51 PM
Recline yourself

- Having to upgrade to Photoshop CS5 because CS3 (which I got for an outrageously great deal (but still paid for)) DOESN'T FLIPPIN' RECOGNIZE RAW FILES MADE BY THE D7000

- That circle of torture when you drink a lot of ice water. Your lip starts to feel all hot from the coldness, and the only thing that makes it feel better is to drink more water, but you can't conceivably be constantly drinking water... so you stop drinking and then your lip hurts again.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:56 PM
Mňau ^_^

Fèvier is on a distinguished road

-summer weather. I miss the winter :'(

Old 07-18-2011, 11:59 PM
Recline yourself

whilst trying to upgrade from Photoshop CS3 Extended to CS5

(paraphrased)

"Error: The serial number for the previous product (CS3) is valid, but we cannot locate the program on this computer"

da fawck?
Old 07-21-2011, 05:36 AM
Recline yourself

What the chuff? I remember being at about 51 friends on the Libro de la Cara, now I'm at 71? I'm pretty sure I don't like that many people, I'm going to have to cut some foo's

- How with insignificant things I'll forget I heard/read/was told about/saw/etc within 15 minutes of the event, and then remember it a month later.

- Finding that my wallet went through the washer and dryer.
(Maybe it's just me, but I'm one of those one-wallet-for-life/the-wallet-that-was-either-given-to-you-or-in-my-case-magically-stumbled-upon-one-day-playing-with-your-McDonalds-legos type of guys, and my wallet is this beautifully sleek and simple black leather wallet that's very thin and well broken in... and now after it's fateful journey the leather is all dull-looking and stuff (rather than it's baby-ass soft black shininess).... and it better recover because I'm never buying a wallet in this lifetime)

- Sister made my dad make me bring her mattress down here to the basement because it's colder. My bedroom and office are on opposite ends of the basement so I have to pass her to get from one to the other. She yells at me to get out of "her room".

I might kick her in the head with my steel-toed boots, since all sense of reality seems to have left her.

- moths

Last edited by user472884; 07-21-2011 at 05:41 AM..
Old 07-23-2011, 03:36 AM
Recline yourself

- watching this Fairly Godparents movie with Drake Bell, and all of a sudden the chick comes on and it looks like an idealized version of my stalker

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-JuIOxxfSmI...ot+pics+02.jpg

- being reminded of my stalker

- the horrifying memory of being told by my stalker that she wants my babies (I'd sooner punt my children into a pool of piranha before I let them have the blood of that crazy bitch)

- vinegar chips.
Old 07-23-2011, 05:03 AM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
- watching this Fairly Godparents movie with Drake Bell, and all of a sudden the chick comes on and it looks like an idealized version of my stalker

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-JuIOxxfSmI...ot+pics+02.jpg
I remember once pointing out the resemblence there and you were like "I guess"

That movie SUCKED ASS, didn't it? Will no precious childhood memory be left unmarred?

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 07-23-2011, 06:15 AM
Recline yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
I remember once pointing out the resemblence there and you were like "I guess"

That movie SUCKED ASS, didn't it? Will no precious childhood memory be left unmarred?
WELL I DON'T REMEMBER THAT SO THERE... I guess

And yes, on the Richter scale of ass sucking, that piece of crap was an 11.7

Seriously, I had extremely low expectations for it, and I was still severely disappointed and enraged. The whole live action thing just wasn't necessary at all. It would have been fine using the same animation, hell, they could've let Drake stay on and do Timmy's voice.

But what did we get... Drake Bell (who looks like a crackhead now) wearing a pink felt hat for about fifteen minutes of the movie, my very hispanic stalker doppelgänger portraying an older Tootie who I honestly thought was Asian... with a pretty basic plot (Timmy eventually losing his Fairies, for those of you who were spared from this atrocity) being raped in a dark alley....

I can't even put it into words...

and the ONE thing I was excited about; George Costanza and the chick from RV... they each had what, forty seconds of screen time?

the only redeeming factor I felt was the lulz I got from watching Daran Norris' facial expressions

and while I'm at it, who the hell came up with George Costanza's hairpiece?

HOW DO YOU GO FROM THE TWO SPIKE DEAL

TO SOMETHING OUT OF THE WEST HOLLYWOOD OF WHOVILLE?

Edit:

the.... the philtrum fold....

Last edited by user472884; 07-23-2011 at 06:15 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 07-23-2011, 06:49 AM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

I can never unsee the stupid CGI fairies. OH AND THEIR DUMB KID WAS IN THE MOVIE TOO, he looked like a grape. I really don't like that new character.

(they look a lot better in that image than when I watched it on Noa's crappy TV.. huh)

Also Tootie WAS asian. They only used Daniella Monet (and Drake Bell, I'm sure) because she already has a contract with Nick for the tv show she's in and they probably saved a lot of money using her instead of hiring someone new for the role.

They do that a lot, have you ever noticed how they recycle actors and actresses for TV shows and movies on Nick? Most of the same kids do all the movies, like how they used Spencer and Sam from iCarly as the stars of an unrelated Nick original movie even though they were ill-suited for the roles, and other examples you don't know or care about.

ALSO DARAN NORRIS IS INCREDIBLE, every time I see him I think of Cosmo and also the crazy janitor from Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée

Last edited by Azhiri; 07-23-2011 at 06:53 AM..