Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 07-18-2011, 11:57 AM

BlackAnthem is on a distinguished road

I have a point to make. Sony Music is almost strictly United States. It DOES have an international section with Mexico and France in it. Now I asked some of my friends at Sony Music what the relation between Sony Music and Sony Music International (France) was. They said they might as well be separate companies. Sony Music would be more than happy to try to arrange anything here in the states for Alizée if they knew it would grow in popularity.

So if anyone was hoping that the rumored conversation with Sony Music would, one, get her another record deal, or, two, bring her to America under Sony's watchful eye, that won't happen.

Now I so wish that Sony would pick her up. That way I would have more of a chance with bringing her to the states.

Also, to test the relation, I sent in requests for Alizée merchandise (from when she was a Sony Artist), like autographs and CD's into Sony Music and got the same response. Sony Music France has access to the items but aren't connected very well. The two companies are like in-laws.

That's my rant.
Old 07-18-2011, 04:06 PM

SlipshodDread is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAnthem View Post
I have a point to make. Sony Music is almost strictly United States. It DOES have an international section with Mexico and France in it. Now I asked some of my friends at Sony Music what the relation between Sony Music and Sony Music International (France) was. They said they might as well be separate companies. Sony Music would be more than happy to try to arrange anything here in the states for Alizée if they knew it would grow in popularity.

So if anyone was hoping that the rumored conversation with Sony Music would, one, get her another record deal, or, two, bring her to America under Sony's watchful eye, that won't happen.

Now I so wish that Sony would pick her up. That way I would have more of a chance with bringing her to the states.

Also, to test the relation, I sent in requests for Alizée merchandise (from when she was a Sony Artist), like autographs and CD's into Sony Music and got the same response. Sony Music France has access to the items but aren't connected very well. The two companies are like in-laws.

That's my rant.
Other than that Alizée isn't a well known artist even in her native France, I doubt Sony would feel that the market is good for a foreign singer singing in a language not native to that country vis a vis... French in an English speaking country.

I guess they could market her in Canada, of course providing her next album is a commercial success...
Old 07-18-2011, 05:38 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
How do you know this?
Old 07-18-2011, 07:01 PM
Mňau ^_^

Fèvier is on a distinguished road

How about simply enjoy the fact that there will be a new album? Hell, it's going to be a pop album! Sure the speculation is bound to cause some debates, but what the hell, get over it.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fèvier View Post
How about simply enjoy the fact that there will be a new album? Hell, it's going to be a pop album! Sure the speculation is bound to cause some debates, but what the hell, get over it.
You know what...you're right Fev...Imma back off and enjoy the fact there will be one since a while back we thought Alizee was possibly going to retire since we hadn't seen her for months...
Old 07-18-2011, 10:38 PM

BlackAnthem is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
You know what...you're right Fev...Imma back off and enjoy the fact there will be one since a while back we thought Alizee was possibly going to retire since we hadn't seen her for months...
Lemme answer your question. I know that if Sony thought the draft was good enough to resign her there would be more commotion. Also even if they did sign her, there isn't enough N. American interest to bring her here ON SONY'S account. There isn't enough connection between France and American Sony Co.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:58 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Lemme answer your question. I know that if Sony thought the draft was good enough to resign her there would be more commotion. Also even if they did sign her, there isn't enough N. American interest to bring her here ON SONY'S account. There isn't enough connection between France and American Sony Co.
Do you think that, because SONY France and SONY USA are somewhat separate entities (but still related), that this would discourage SONY France from introducing an artist over here as it is not their "turf"?
Old 07-19-2011, 01:17 AM

Quote:
I see what you're saying...but Alizee has said again and again that she has chosen not to enter the US Market since it is "full of sharks" as she said. From what I've seen in interviews and everything, she has no intentions to come here. And that should be a bit obvious since she released UEDS in France and Mexico and not the US. But hey, she might just change her mind in these next few months if she hasn't already and decide to enter the US Market with Sony's help if they accept her...
Old 07-19-2011, 10:34 AM
Mňau ^_^

Fèvier is on a distinguished road

well...... she does have intentions on coming to the states. just not for musical purposes. we all know she's been in NYC several times and probably will keep coming as a TOURIST. jeje

Old 07-19-2011, 12:08 PM

SlipshodDread is on a distinguished road

I think i need to re-iterate. Alizée's only big non-french market (also her biggest market as far as we know) is Mexico. English speaking countries, such as the U.K, U.S.A rarely if ever have non english songs in the charts. Songs like "Livin La Vida Loca" don't really count because they are almost entirely in English other than certain phrases, but I can think of a ridiculous amount of French phrases that are regularly used in English "Je ne sais quoi" "Deja vu" spring to mind... In fact Moi Lolita was one of the few foreign language songs to ever place highly in the U.K top 10.

So considering that, and that the general markets in the U.K and U.S.A are very unlikely to pay much attention to a song that they have no understanding of. That and the fact that Alizée like all French people prefer French to English, means that she is very unlikely to make an almost completely English song that ISN'T just made as an English version of an originally French song (unless you happen to count the 5 choruses of Les Collines as making it an English song.........)

And sadly people are pretentious arseholes. Most will dismiss an artist with a distinctly Non-English speaking accent (by non english I mean from a country that does not speak English as a first language, not as one of the many accents from around the world in English speaking countries such as the U.S.A, Canada, Australia etc) when they try to speak English "because they sound funny/weird/whatever" and that is the sad truth of things.

Oh and UEDs was also released in the UK, but only as a digital download, not physical copies. I get the feeling that if she manages to get into a high position in the U.K charts with her next album that she could see the potential for success in the U.S. The reason being that the U.K is a much smaller market (based on population) and is the closest country, in non-mainland Europe, to France. So here's hoping her next song can better Moi Lolita...

Tags
judgement day will happen, sooner, the leak is inminent, yep.still waiting...