Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 05-20-2013, 07:04 PM

Davedel is on a distinguished road

Let's face it.. the Alizee of old is no longer with us. Instead, we get one that doesn't live up to par.. mediocre at best. Hate to say it but it's true.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:00 PM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davedel View Post
Let's face it.. the Alizee of old is no longer with us. Instead, we get one that doesn't live up to par.. mediocre at best. Hate to say it but it's true.

I would not go that far... but it is a fact that she is not dancing and performing anymore. She does not have to dance or do concerts for the sake of it or trying to emulate the old days... She should do it because her beauty and dancing skills are assets that are being misused.
And I am not talking about doing the same things she did 10 years ago, she should adapt her skills to the 2013 Alizée and take them in as part of her show, her "brand", Alizée. We were all excited when she was training hard at Muffragi's.

But then many fans are just happy with her tweeting stuff and doing dj sessions, so I suppose I am being too demanding.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:31 PM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Let me rephrase that .. :

Let's face it... the Lolita is GONE forever . Dude, you can't expect a 28yo woman to act the same way as a 15yo teenage girl . She's getting older whether you like it or not. I wouldn't say that she is mediocre, she's been hit by the CD sales crisis, disadvantaged by the choices she made in her personal life, poorly prepared by Mylène and Laurent to go solo ... yet she survived in the music industry and I admire her for that.

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..
Old 05-20-2013, 09:38 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Alizée said in a recent interview that she might include some of J.J. Golmans songs in her next album. So the fact is there will be a next album and I'm sure there will be many others too.. she's an established artist in her own right and that's a fact.

Offcourse she will always be cast as a one hit wonder by the critics but that's because they really know nothing about her.. she's still here making albums over ten years later still.

So lets just think about that and enjoy the new album.. because Alizée hears, sees and knows no evil.. so it won't prevail.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 05-21-2013, 12:01 AM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post
Let me rephrase that .. :

Let's face it... the Lolita is GONE forever . Dude, you can't expect a 28yo woman to act the same way as a 15yo teenage girl .
Agreed. If it's Lolita you want then I can understand your mourning Davedel. But the rest of us have grown up along with Lilly and her music/style. For my part I'm 21 now, not the same 17 year old that was introduced to Zée.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uroboros View Post
Feels like ages ago, I don't even remember how it was like
Yeah, me neither, and I'm not aching to go back.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:24 AM
Оле Оле

alizeefan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishFan View Post
I would not go that far... but it is a fact that she is not dancing and performing anymore.
FACT she was just singing and dancing on live tv in front of a live audience . your facts suck . On top of that her latest interview she spoke about wanting to do a lil tour , so uhmm if she wants to she will , she isn't right now and for reasons that are NOT up to you some zealous fans who want this and that otherwise she is a failure to them .

Quote:
She does not have to dance or do concerts for the sake of it or trying to emulate the old days... She should do it because her beauty and dancing skills are assets that are being misused.
Last I checked you weren't her manager , last I had seen she actually DOES emulate her old days performing some of her old songs and dances . Again your facts suck and overlook REALITY . Just because YOU think her being on a tv show dancing and singing are being misused in some way you failed to mention why . . . Again fact is your opinion sucks because you refuse to even see the reality of her doing exactly what you claim she isn't doing . . .

Quote:
And I am not talking about doing the same things she did 10 years ago, she should adapt her skills to the 2013 Alizée and take them in as part of her show, her "brand", Alizée. We were all excited when she was training hard at Muffragi's.
Your assumption of the purposes of her training in your fantasy of how we ALL were excited were flawed as your facts above . Uhmm she been training in dance for a long time , she probably always will . Just because you saw that as her training for some imaginary world tour doesn't mean anyone else besides very few thought that way .

Quote:
But then many fans are just happy with her tweeting stuff and doing dj sessions, so I suppose I am being too demanding.
Demand all you want in one hand and take a crap in the other - see which you get to become a reality first .

Quote:
That is true, but it is not a really big problem. The problem is that some of those fans have none critical views, everything is perfect and pink related to Alizée.
That is only in your head and a few other arrogant minds , no one ever claimed anything about anyones life ever in the history of life being perfect let alone here at this forum about Alizee . If someone did say everything is perfect and pink related to her in the frequency you attempt poorly to make it look like it should be easy enough to quote or link to one of those perfect life posts . . .

You just like to twist things into some unrealistic non-sense - such as those who for years have been claiming her career is in trouble , she is broke , she is all done , she is washed up . yet as I keep telling you have been for YEARS and will now make it a point to bash it into your Neanderthal skull here we are again new album , here we have her in interview Alizee HERSELF KNOWING she will have another album soon .

So again she aint washed up , never will be and SHE is pretty damn successful and happy . No matter what you whiners want to cry about the proofs in her pudding .

Even if some did have the attitude that her life and career etc is all perfect . Why the F would that be and I quote " The problem " ?
What problems would that really be in your life ? - you wont answer so let me - oh because you don't want to agree with those who may say that even though they never did and really has nothing to do with anything else . . .
What problems would that be in her life ? you wont answer so let me answer for you - Get a life of your own and stop worrying about what you think others feel when clearly no one even feels that way !

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
The problem with that is none of those fans actually buy her albums. If they did, she'd be made in the shade.
Since her career is over she is all washed up according to some of you here I guess i'll follow suit and download her new album instead of buying it . I mean why should I support her when all she does is make bad decisions . I just hope she wont be homeless one day spending ALL her money to make these albums . All though i'd hate to see her on the streets begging me for Euros soon .

I mean she cant have much money left spending all her money to make these albums and videos , and clearly isn't recouping anything at all being such a failure .

( for those who do not know the above is totally sarcastic to make some arrogant jerks feel useless and stfu )

Last edited by alizeefan; 05-21-2013 at 12:24 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 05-21-2013, 01:32 AM

Davedel is on a distinguished road

On a recent science show I watched they said that every single cell in your body (except teeth) will die and be replaced over a given period of time. Skin, bone, muscle, blood, everything! The time that this takes? 10 years for everything to go through it's complete cycle. So, over a 10 year period your body will be completely.. 100%.. replaced. With this in mind is it no wonder that the old Alizee is gone. Jen ai Marre was 2003 and this year, 2013, is the 10 year mark. Yep.. the old Alizee is now scientifically completely and utterly banished to history. Science fact.. not fiction. And what do we now have.. The new Alizee! Quick.. where's a time machine???

Last edited by Davedel; 05-21-2013 at 01:34 AM..
Old 05-21-2013, 04:17 AM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

If possible, I would like for the mods to keep my post as intact as possible since I took the time and effort to reply in a non native language, and certainly I am not the brightest in here, for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizeefan View Post
FACT she was just singing and dancing on live tv in front of a live audience . your facts suck . On top of that her latest interview she spoke about wanting to do a lil tour , so uhmm if she wants to she will , she isn't right now and for reasons that are NOT up to you some zealous fans who want this and that otherwise she is a failure to them .

Last I checked you weren't her manager , last I had seen she actually DOES emulate her old days performing some of her old songs and dances . Again your facts suck and overlook REALITY . Just because YOU think her being on a tv show dancing and singing are being misused in some way you failed to mention why . . . Again fact is your opinion sucks because you refuse to even see the reality of her doing exactly what you claim she isn't doing . . .

Your assumption of the purposes of her training in your fantasy of how we ALL were excited were flawed as your facts above . Uhmm she been training in dance for a long time , she probably always will . Just because you saw that as her training for some imaginary world tour doesn't mean anyone else besides very few thought that way .

Demand all you want in one hand and take a crap in the other - see which you get to become a reality first .

That is only in your head and a few other arrogant minds , no one ever claimed anything about anyones life ever in the history of life being perfect let alone here at this forum about Alizee . If someone did say everything is perfect and pink related to her in the frequency you attempt poorly to make it look like it should be easy enough to quote or link to one of those perfect life posts . . .

You just like to twist things into some unrealistic non-sense - such as those who for years have been claiming her career is in trouble , she is broke , she is all done , she is washed up . yet as I keep telling you have been for YEARS and will now make it a point to bash it into your Neanderthal skull here we are again new album , here we have her in interview Alizee HERSELF KNOWING she will have another album soon .

So again she aint washed up , never will be and SHE is pretty damn successful and happy . No matter what you whiners want to cry about the proofs in her pudding .

Even if some did have the attitude that her life and career etc is all perfect . Why the F would that be and I quote " The problem " ?
What problems would that really be in your life ? - you wont answer so let me - oh because you don't want to agree with those who may say that even though they never did and really has nothing to do with anything else . . .
What problems would that be in her life ? you wont answer so let me answer for you - Get a life of your own and stop worrying about what you think others feel when clearly no one even feels that way !

Edit:

Since her career is over she is all washed up according to some of you here I guess i'll follow suit and download her new album instead of buying it . I mean why should I support her when all she does is make bad decisions . I just hope she wont be homeless one day spending ALL her money to make these albums . All though i'd hate to see her on the streets begging me for Euros soon .

I mean she cant have much money left spending all her money to make these albums and videos , and clearly isn't recouping anything at all being such a failure .

( for those who do not know the above is totally sarcastic to make some arrogant jerks feel useless and stfu )

First: Come on... Did you really need to insult that much?

Clearly when someone jumps and acts the way you do, appearing here suddenly and posting in a compulsive and agressive way, there is something not quite right going on... And in that state, you are not ready to behave in a proper way in an open discussion forum. And trust me, it really backfires at you. First, because it makes you look bad, and second, because not in a million years I am going to give you a reply in the same level of agression as you just did, which probably will make you even angrier, so sorry in advance for that...

So compose yourself a little bit and let's try to keep this as civilizased as we can, not just for us, but for the people reading this forum, because honestly it is not that good to post in the way you just did even if you are 100% right about everything you said.

To be honest I lost track of all the questions you did to me and replied yourself... please write them together in one post and I will gladly give answers to them. Try not to get that frustrated since my comprehension of what you write fades a little when you write in that mood.

You really twisted a lot of my arguments, but no worries, I will explain just a couple of them:
When I say she is not performing anymore, obviously I am referring to traditional concerts like she did in Russia or Mexico. Of course she is performing in TVs, I have eyes and ears, I was talking about touring like she has in mind doing right now. (I can not believe I have to explain this things...)

It is the same with the dancing thing... she is a trained dancer, it is supposed to be her passion, and all I wished from her was to take the maximum out of her skills. You can say I want Lolita back and then you would be wrong... And the rest of your post, like I just did with the performing and the dancing topics, can be explained in the same way, but it would be very boring and time consuming.

Quote:

Of course we all were excited when she was training hard her dancing. Were you in a cave at the time? Why did you need to invent that I was expecting a world tour? There were rumours of her taking part in a dancing TV program, and she was talking about going back to her roots with her new album and dancing would be part of that.
Can you see how easy is to explain facts instead of making up false claims of what my expectations were?
I would invite you to read my posts with some kind of interest and trying to understand them as an adult would do, even if you fully disagree, and not trying to mock and twist every argument as a five years old boy would do.

Quote:
Since her career is over she is all washed up according to some of you here I guess i'll follow suit and download her new album instead of buying it

That is a perfect example of your late behaviour... First, if you can find a post from me saying her career is over I will leave the forum forever. Is my bet to you, since you like them that much.
Second, you make up the claim about downloading her album, which is not only wrong but ilegal. I think that was way out of order, even as a joke, or "totally sarcastic" as you put it.

Bottom line is, there is nothing wrong with being a singer with moderate success, she has a nice voice, she is gorgeous, she is calm, she is different, she is great and for all I know, a good mum and a good person.

But if you expect from me to be happy like you are just because her sales being low are giving us the chance of having multiple cd signing events, and the luxury of forums like this not being crowded, then you are wrong.

I would want her to sell ten times what she is selling now, I would want the french public not laughing at her, to have the recognition she deservesm and I want her to do good in the music industry, and to be as good artist as she can be.
Is that possible? Maybe not, but you are nobody here to tell me how I should or should not think.
Forgive me for my terrible sins, Alizeefan

I will leave you with a single and simple question, and unlike you, I will give you the courtesy of answer it yourself.
Since apparently many of us want lolita back (false) and she desperate is trying to get rid of that image, could you explain to me why on earth she acepted the word LOLITAS in her dj sessions? Or why she still gladly sings it in tv shows. Because if she is trying hard to get rid of that image, something is not adding up here, isnt it?

Is it possible some wrongdoing in some commercial strategies? Some room for criticism from us evil fans? Am I making and inventing this things up too?
Come on, don't be blind, nobody here is attacking her career or her personal life and certainly you are mocking yourself trying to defend arguments that you make up in your mind, trying to make me look like the evil overprotectionist fan.. Get a grip, my friend

If I am worried about her sales being poor, it is my right to be worried. Unless a mod or a member of this forum other than you tell me to stop writing about this topic I don't see the reason why you try to make me stop writing my views with such poor language and mood from you.

I know you don't tolerate any criticism related to her, that is ok, but did you really have to go so low and look that much rude? Surely not, Alizeefan.

Edit: As a deference for mods and fellow members of this forum, I decided to end this discussion with this post, it will help to calm down the situation and the state of agitation of a certain member too.

Last edited by SpanishFan; 05-21-2013 at 04:52 AM..
Old 05-21-2013, 05:21 AM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Quote:
On a recent science show I watched they said that every single cell in your body (except teeth) will die and be replaced over a given period of time. Skin, bone, muscle, blood, everything! The time that this takes? 10 years for everything to go through it's complete cycle. So, over a 10 year period your body will be completely.. 100%.. replaced. With this in mind is it no wonder that the old Alizee is gone. Jen ai Marre was 2003 and this year, 2013, is the 10 year mark. Yep.. the old Alizee is now scientifically completely and utterly banished to history. Science fact.. not fiction. And what do we now have.. The new Alizee! Quick.. where's a time machine???
I'm a medical student and your facts are bullshit.

Neurons are never replaced, the deep layers of the skin are only partially regenerated (that's why the skin ages with the person and scars don't go away) , bones are regenerated by the cycle of osteoblasts and osteoclasts but this process takes way more than 10 years to make a full cycle in adult life and it slows down with time (that's why kids take less time than adults to recover from fractures) , muscle fibers can be regenerated by the limited action of localized stem cells, but the number of muscular fascicles is predefined and will remain the same throughout life...

Alizée is the same on an anatomical, physiological and psychological level as she was 10 years ago ... your argument is invalid.

Edit:

Quote:
I will leave you with a single and simple question, and unlike you, I will give you the courtesy of answer it yourself.
Since apparently many of us want lolita back (false) and she desperate is trying to get rid of that image, could you explain to me why on earth she acepted the word LOLITAS in her dj sessions? Or why she still gladly sings it in tv shows. Because if she is trying hard to get rid of that image, something is not adding up here, isnt it?
That's because she is still widely known as a Lolita in France, if she wanted to get rid of it for good she woulnd't sing Moi Lolita anymore... It's just a part of her life she can't ignore even though she'd like to change her public image.

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..

Last edited by lapinschous; 05-21-2013 at 05:21 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 05-21-2013, 10:45 AM

Karin is on a distinguished road

its going here on really weird way...

yea, she is now older but I must disagree with lapinshous, that you cant expect from her to dance and move like before 10years. She showed in Generation 2000 that she can still do it, however that time is was "light" version of dance, but still. You must agree she is still in form. If she would like to do it, she would do it... but thats her thing if yea or not.

That sales are bad, ok, we know... but look, she is presented in medias more than by UEDS and her album is really more commercial. Thats for me one BIG + .

Like was wrote before about the fans, she has 500.000+ likes on FB, 160.000 FF on twitter, 56.000 FF in instagram. If just the 10% of the people would buy new album, she would be saved. But why it not happened? Euphoria has good point, there are fans just cause Alizée is nice girl... you can see it in most comments on FB like "you are sexy - come here - and blablabla" .

I wrote it many times, but I see fault not just in Alizée but in all the management. They make big things, but compared to many faults incl. the LONG waiting for album. If the album would be released in October 2012 as was the plan, would like to see the sales. If its the long time part of fault, why its not going ok.

Then all french singer (which I know) have their FB/TT/INST like Alizée. But Alizée is only one who is SELF managing her FB. There is noone who would keep it alive (or at least it look like so)... that cant happen ex. by M. Pokora, his FB is permanently actualized with informations where, what, with who. Thats missing on Alizées side. This everything is in hands Alizées fanpages. Thats good, but still on official channels it would work much better.
The same is with Sony/Jive. If Alizée dont post something about that she will be somewhere, you dont get infos from Sony/Jive.

So for end, I know its not good, I but see still little light in future, but I hope not with Sony but by another label... If I would be her, I would try EMI... they make excellent job, which I never saw by Sony.

Im Alizées fan 10years... yea, the Mylene era was great... but if fans will still look to past and compare things which cant be compared, then I have nothing more to say...

Last edited by Karin; 05-21-2013 at 10:53 AM..