Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 02-08-2009, 01:38 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road
Default AAm Stars à Domicile LIVE chat party! Saturday Feb. 21, 2009 @ 4pm EST/1pm PST

Hey everybody! For the third AAm Fan Commentary Track, we've decided to change it up a bit. Rather than watch a concert recording, we're going to weigh in on Alizée's two appearances on the French television program Stars à Domicile ("Stars at Home") from 2001 and 2003.

The reasons for this are twofold. Firstly, from the discussions I've read here and elsewhere over the past several months, Lili's episodes of SAD (wow, now that's an unfortunate acronym) hold a very special place in the hearts of many fans. Personally speaking, watching her 2001 appearance is what pushed me over the threshold from being simply Lili-curious into a full-fledged fan.

Secondly, and maybe more importantly, both videos are readily available right here in AAm's super-awesome spectacular video section. Hopefully this will make it easier for more of you to access the video and join in, or simply watch and follow along once it hits the podcast feed. You can find the 2001 episode here, and the 2003 episode here.

(One thing I would strongly recommend, if you are planning to join in...or even if this is just a video you plan to watch more than once...would be to download the video to your PC and watch it in an FLV player, rather than streaming it directly from AAm. If you're using Firefox, the Download Helper extension makes it easy to download .flv files to your hard drive right from your browser. My preferred FLV player of choice is (duh!) FLV player--it doesn't have many bells and whistles, but it's simple and easy to use-- but there's plenty of free programs available on the web for either task.)

"How do I join?" you ask? It's actually pretty easy. All you need is a headset & mic (or just a mic and your computer speakers), and to download the Ventrilo client. Then you configure a few settings (really easy to do), connect to the server, and you're off to the races.

Click here to read a really easy-to-follow tutorial that Tomtentp wrote up about it, complete with screenshots! Or just watch the video below!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tzPtst-tpJc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature =player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tzPtst-tpJc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature =player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The settings for the Vent server that Jung has set up for AAm are as follows:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
new vent server information

Hostname IP: missouri.ventriloservers.biz
Port Number: 3798

it is up and running
Once you're in, all you have to do is click on the 'Video Commentary' room to join, and press the left CTRL key to talk!

The date and time are still tentative. I'm not married to them by any means. So if you'd like to request a change, speak up below! Whatever works for everybody works for me!

Questions? Concerns? Problems setting up or connecting to Vent? Go ahead and ask below. I promise I won't make fun of you...much.

Thanks guys! Hope to see everybody there!
Old 02-08-2009, 01:47 AM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

Heh, funny, Julia and Jessica were actually the first 2 girls to make me cry . Definitely I won't miss this one.
I just finished downloading the 2003 program, I got it from here, and there seem to be a problem on the second part of the download, it marks an error when extracting the files with WinRar. Anyone else got that problem too?

Gotta hurry up with the 2001 SAD.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:51 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

One thing to watch out for is that everyone plays the same version of 2003. The one on AAm is converted from John Doe's 1.073.585.914 byte file, but TheLarch's 1.127.028.740 byte extended video with opening credits is also very common.

Unfortunately, I don't have a download link for John Doe's version to match this site, but TheLarch's version can be found here: http://vdb.alizee.cz/browse.php?nid=290

2001 is easier, the video on AAm should match the 1.727.774.724 byte file that most people have and is currently on the VDB: http://vdb.alizee.cz/browse.php?nid=289

Here are subtitle files for all three:
http://rapidshare.com/files/195427631/SADSubs.rar

Last edited by Ben; 02-08-2009 at 03:08 AM..
Old 02-08-2009, 11:51 AM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

You can download them here directly (but it might be better to download the original video?)

But here are the flash versions just in case:

(right click - save as)

http://dubv.net/media/2001-06-01-Sta...-Interview.flv

http://dubv.net/media/2003-08-23-Sta...-Interview.flv
Old 02-09-2009, 08:04 AM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

Oh nooo not the SAAAD clips, I'm gonna be bursting into tears every second or so. Oh well, it could prove quite humorous having 10 full grown men crying over voice-com for watching 2 girls hugging each other.

Or maybe it's just me being weak to the force. I recommend you bring your napkins in any case.

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!
Old 02-09-2009, 09:45 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomtentp View Post
Oh nooo not the SAAAD clips, I'm gonna be bursting into tears every second or so. Oh well, it could prove quite humorous having 10 full grown men crying over voice-com for watching 2 girls hugging each other.

Or maybe it's just me being weak to the force. I recommend you bring your napkins in any case.
Well, the I don't think I ever cried at that. That things that have made me "get something in my eye" were Parler Tout Bas and watching the final JEAM in the Mexico concert video because I was there and knew Alizée was about to leave (and now know that for me that was at least for many months and maybe forever).

Merci Fanny
Old 02-14-2009, 04:59 PM

lowbeam is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
Hey everybody! For the third AAm Fan Commentary Track, we've decided to change it up a bit. Rather than watch a concert recording, we're going to weigh in on Alizée's two appearances on the French television program Stars à Domicile ("Stars at Home") from 2001 and 2003.

The reasons for this are twofold. Firstly, from the discussions I've read here and elsewhere over the past several months, Lili's episodes of SAD (wow, now that's an unfortunate acronym) hold a very special place in the hearts of many fans. Personally speaking, watching her 2001 appearance is what pushed me over the threshold from being simply Lili-curious into a full-fledged fan.

Thanks guys! Hope to see everybody there!
Excellent choice, they do hold a special place in my heart. I'll have to dig up Jessica's commentary so I've got something to talk about.
Old 02-15-2009, 10:28 AM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Cool SAD Eyes

Yep, I couldn't hold back the tears on SAD either. It's a strange phenomenon how a lot of things in life are sad, but I haven't been affected by them. Yet, I experienced a few moments in Lily Town that had me.

Alizee: Wowww!
Old 02-15-2009, 01:48 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

The crying part recorded might prove decent laughs for future members.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:02 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcs View Post
Yep, I couldn't hold back the tears on SAD either. It's a strange phenomenon how a lot of things in life are sad, but I haven't been affected by them. Yet, I experienced a few moments in Lily Town that had me.
That's Alizée for you. Can we stop calling it SAD and call it Stars or à Domicile or just the whole thing though? That acronym doesn't work for me.
Good point about looking for Jessica's commentary. I hope I can find that and time to do so as well.

Merci Fanny

Tags
chat party, commentary, podcast, stars à domicile