Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-11-2009, 01:36 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road
Exclamation AAm 'La Méthode Cauet' LIVE Chat Party: Sunday April 19, 1pm PST/4pm EST!

Hello, Lilly Town people!

For the next AAm chat party/commentary track, we're going back to the Psychédélices era to watch Alizée's appearance on the TF1 television program 'La Méthode Cauet' from January 10, 2008.

This one is a favorite of mine, second only to the Fun TV interview we watched last time out. Though only about half as long, it contains quite a few surprises and laugh-out-loud moments. As usual, Lili looks adorable throughout, and her reactions to the antics of host Sébastien Cauet are a real highlight. If you're an Alizée fan and you haven't seen it yet, you're truly missing out.

Now, getting this one to work is going to take a little more effort than usual, so try and stick with me here.

1. First, you'll want to download and extract FirstSeb's mpeg2 file of the appearance:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
2. Next, download Wolfram0790's subtitles (SRT) file for the video:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfram0790 View Post
Whew finally finished them last night. They are not perfect, but I did my best

I've uploaded them to Mediafire and to this site too.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?xmwyljdlkmm
3. Next, you want extract the SRT file to the same folder to which you extracted the mpeg2 file. This is very important. The subtitles won't work if you extract it to a different folder!

4. Next, download and install VobSub, which will let you display the subtitles when you play the video in Windows Media Player. (They don't work in VLC, for some reason. I don't kow why, it's just not cooperating.)

5. Open the video with Media Player...and voila! The subtitles will automatically play in sync with the video.

Hope that wasn't too complicated. Let me know below if you have any problems, and I'll try to help you out.

---

"But how do I join the chat party?" you ask? It's actually pretty easy. All you need is a headset & mic (or just a mic and your computer speakers), and to download the Ventrilo client. Then you configure a few settings (really easy to do), connect to the server, and you're off to the races.

Click here to read a really easy-to-follow tutorial that Tomtentp wrote up about it, complete with screenshots! Or just watch the video below!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tzPtst-tpJc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature =player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tzPtst-tpJc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature =player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The settings for the Vent server that Jung has set up for AAm are as follows:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
new vent server information

Hostname IP: missouri.ventriloservers.biz
Port Number: 3798

it is up and running
Once you're in, all you have to do is click on the 'Video Commentary' room to join, and press the left CTRL key to talk!

The date and time are still tentative. I'm not married to them by any means. So if you'd like to request a change, speak up below! Whatever works for everybody works for me!

Questions? Concerns? Problems setting up or connecting to Vent? Go ahead and ask below. We'll do our best to help you out.

Thanks guys! Hope to see everybody there!
Old 04-11-2009, 02:26 PM

IncliningPizza is on a distinguished road

Sweet! Can't wait! Last one was a blast, so why not do another one?

LOL. The Divinyls. :P

Trying to get it to work. It's a little bit of a pain.
Old 04-11-2009, 04:02 PM
Deceased

JimmyDean23 is on a distinguished road

God I hope I can make it, this is going to be the best one yet. Why is April always the most hectic month of year?

"I don't want anybody else, when I think about you..." You know the rest.
Old 04-11-2009, 05:39 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

Ill try to be there in the begining this time ahaha.
Old 04-12-2009, 02:27 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Cool, guys! Look forward to seeing you all there!

One other thing: this video's a lot shorter than the previous ones we've covered, only about 25 minutes long. Does anybody have any suggestions for a topic we might want to discuss afterward?

Here's a few potential ideas to get the ball rolling, from the non-commentary topic ideas thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
The Impossible Dream: Bringing Alizée to America—achievable goal, or fantastic pipe dream? There’s been sporadic, some might say heroic, efforts made here and there to further the cause…but are we just tilting at windmills in the name of Dulcinea? What will it take? Are we up to the challenge? And what lessons can we take from the Mexican miracle, and from Yelle’s C’est Amerique tour?

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow: The many hairstyles of Alizée, as discussed and debated by a handful of ostensibly heterosexual males. This has the potential to be a double episode.

Parlez-vous francais?: How important is an understanding of French, both the language and the culture, to an appreciation of Lili and her music? A few of us take it upon ourselves to learn the language and painstakingly translate lyrics and interviews, but most of us are content to just hum along. Are we missing out?

Parlez-vous anglais?: Are we pro- or anti- Lili singing in English? Appreciated, or does it ruin the mystique? The English versions of the MCE songs are widely derided as being inferior, but I kinda dig Amelie. Would it help if they more accurately reflected the source material? How do we feel about her doing English covers like Hung Up or Sound of Silence?

Metalizée: If you drew a Venn diagram of Heavy Metal fans and Alizée fans, you might be surprised at how big the overlap was. (I know I constantly am.) So seriously dudes, what gives? Are the rest of us who aren’t Metal fans missing something?

eBée: Some fans have spent a small-to-medium-sized fortune on their Alizée collections. Me, I’m content with just four CDs and a DVD. What drives fans to have everything? At what point does it become too much? What’s the most expensive, most amazing, or most ridiculous Lili item you’ve seen for sale?

VousTube: The art of the fanvid. Despite having a relatively limited amount of source material available to work from, some very creative tribute videos have been created over the years. We discuss our favorites, and talk about what sets them apart. (Ideally, I’d like to have somebody who’s actually created a fanvid on this one, so we can discuss their process from beginning to end.)

Alizée vs. Alizée: Stealing blatantly from the Alizée Nation blog, I see this as a recurring segment. We take different performances (music video, TV performance, concert) of the same song and face them off against each other, debating which is the best. For a little bit of added interactivity, we post a poll after the episode and get the community to vote on which they like best.

(Album) Thunderdome!: Ten songs enter, only one song leaves. We pit the songs from an album against each other in a round-robin tournament, voting on which we prefer, until one emerges as the sole survivor! A silly idea, to be sure, but one that’s bound to generate some fun and heated debate among the participants.
It doesn't absolutely have to be one of these, though. If anyone has another idea they're really passionate about, let's hear it!

Last edited by Ruroshen; 04-12-2009 at 02:30 AM..
Old 04-12-2009, 08:40 AM
M'alizee

I hope i can come on this day,it will be my first time so i do my best to come there.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:16 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

I think the Parlez-vous anglais?/Parlez-vous francais? topics might be good to add. Those really go together. The question is about language in general and that stands in for all the questions about the cultural barriers between us and Alizée. Do those keep us from being more involved fans or like you say, does it create a mystique that adds to the reason we are fans?

Merci Fanny
Old 04-14-2009, 03:03 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
Metalizée:
fantastic idea

or something of the metal sort

Old 04-14-2009, 11:00 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
I think the Parlez-vous anglais?/Parlez-vous francais? topics might be good to add. Those really go together. The question is about language in general and that stands in for all the questions about the cultural barriers between us and Alizée. Do those keep us from being more involved fans or like you say, does it create a mystique that adds to the reason we are fans?
Sure, this works for me. Actually, given how we've busted our butts to get this video to work with subtitles just so it'd be useful for the chat party, it's very apropos!

We did kind of got into this a bit during the 'Pourquoi Alizée?' episode (which I'm editing now, and ought to have done by the end of the week), but just touched on it superficially, so I don't think we'll be repeating ourselves necessarily.

Pretty sure I'm going to set us up for a 'Gourmandises Thunderdome' (the round-robin thingee) for the next one, though! Another podcast I listen to just did something similar, and it seemed like a lot of fun!

Last edited by Ruroshen; 04-14-2009 at 11:02 PM..
Old 04-14-2009, 11:51 PM
젊은 전사

Paenguin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
fantastic idea

or something of the metal sort
I'll raise a drink to that topic!

Tags
chat party, commentary track, la methode cauet, podcast