Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 05-17-2010, 11:49 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
I don't know.. I get crap for doing anything French related from my battalion. Maybe this guy's battalion is more open minded.
Yah, you'll just have to spread her elsewhere
Old 05-18-2010, 08:06 PM

MYGOGT is on a distinguished road
Default Posting for VVVACCCPLPNLY

Please read the following email I received from VVV:
Hey, this is VVV. Just copy-paste and quote this into a post on the promotion thread you started: I left my house about 9am. I texted back and forth between MYGOGT to set specific details. I was worried I may have trouble convincing my dad I needed to get to Books A Million in Petersburg, but when I said I would be looking for a job (which I did do after our meeting, I am not a liar), he said 'Yeah, you probably should.' I saw MYGOGT's GOGT, and headed over to him. He and I spoke a bit, but due to time constraints, didn't have time for much else. But he gave me some demo discs to hand out. First, since I actually wanted to work at BAM, I went there first. I walked in, spoke to the manager about my personal business there (she didn't ask my favorite book, though I had the answer prepared!), I went and tucked one disc between the two copies of Lolita they have in stock. The cd case was ticking out, I figure if someone goes for Lolita (they have evidently sold a few copies, since I have been keeping track out of sheer curiosity), they will most certainly see the disc, and hopefully be interested. Next I went to the music store. They have only ever had one French disc in stock, and it disappeared within a week of being put on the shelf. So, I placed a demo disc there, too, underneath the little 'Music of France' placard. As for personal interactions, I did receive one positive response. I went to a game store looking to apply, but the guy started asking me what games I played, trying to get a sale. But I used WoW against him. And explained that it led me to Alizée, and was the best thing video games ever did for me. He seemed pretty interested in the fact she was French, and I explained some raw details, just enough to wet his appetite. So I handed him my last disc. Pointed out the sites on the back. He took to it pretty well. So I will go back by there later to see how it went. Other than that, not much. Thanks to MYGOGT for all he did. Sorry guys, I can't get on!

Good job VVV! I was able to give out another in Va and two more in NH.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:15 PM

Woh very good MYGOGT and VVV!!!

I think it's hilarious that you hid them for people to find eventually So awesome

But yah that is really good

And an update on my works:
I have recently made 4 copies of En Concert on DVD and I handed 3 out to my friends and they....LOVED IT TO DEATH!!! The other two that aren't on here said they are going to join since they are thirsty for more. And all of them have the music now so we talk about her songs all the time now We are coordinating a plan to spread her to even more people....I am slowly but surely bringing the people in my school to her
Old 05-18-2010, 09:02 PM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Woh very good MYGOGT and VVV!!!

I think it's hilarious that you hid them for people to find eventually So awesome

But yah that is really good

And an update on my works:
I have recently made 4 copies of En Concert on DVD and I handed 3 out to my friends and they....LOVED IT TO DEATH!!! The other two that aren't on here said they are going to join since they are thirsty for more. And all of them have the music now so we talk about her songs all the time now We are coordinating a plan to spread her to even more people....I am slowly but surely bringing the people in my school to her
Alizee to three friends. checkmate.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:21 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

I've tried burning some CDs but they don't seem to work.. I mean, they can be burned onto a CD, but when I tried to play the CDs, it didn't work... tips anyone?

Old 05-18-2010, 11:23 PM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Quote:
I've tried burning some CDs but they don't seem to work.. I mean, they can be burned onto a CD, but when I tried to play the CDs, it didn't work... tips anyone?
cd as an actual cd or... a movie burned onto a cd?
Old 05-18-2010, 11:30 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Människöpesten View Post
cd as an actual cd or... a movie burned onto a cd?
As in I ripped the music onto my library, put in a blank CD to burn the music onto.. works fine with my other music, just not with Alizée's.

Old 05-18-2010, 11:37 PM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Quote:
As in I ripped the music onto my library, put in a blank CD to burn the music onto.. works fine with my other music, just not with Alizée's.
huh... that's weird. i'd say regional restrictions but you already ripped it
Old 05-18-2010, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Människöpesten View Post
huh... that's weird. i'd say regional restrictions but you already ripped it
As you can see I created a new sig and am satisfied now

And Wasabi do you use iTunes? If so I can tell you really easily how to make a CD
Old 05-20-2010, 09:30 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road
Default one example of radio promotional attempt

copying this over for Scruffydog777:

Letter to a local radio station called Mix 106.7
Dear Sir,
By your station's name it shows you play a mix, a variety of music. Well here's a good chance to prove it. I'd like to request a song that is in English, but sung by a French singer. Her name is Alizée (pronounced Al - e - zay). I'd like to request you to play 1 out of 4 songs that she has (all in English) with the one I'd prefer played listed first, but I'll leave it up to you as to which one you might play. I'll attach Youtube links to videos for these songs.
I found out about this beautiful young singer a little over 3 years ago. Since then I've pretty much stopped listening to music on the radio. I've made up numerous cd's over the years of music I love but they're gathering dust in a cabinet.
I was born and raised in Boston. I'm a huge sports fan. I've suffered through Bob Gibson, Bill Buckner,too many men on the ice (Montreal that time), Bleeping Bucky Dent, Pedro being left in too long, Pats Packers SB. Lenny Bias. Not any more. I haven't watched Red Sox game yet, not even against the Yankees. Didn't watch a Bruins game all season, not even the playoffs. Celtics, same story.
That's the type of affect this girl has on people. I don't understand how I can listen to this beutiful young woman's music as often as I do and not get tired of it. Here are some of her songs that I think you should consider playing.
The first song is Youpidoo. It's about her breaking up with her boyfreind.Has a very catchy beat to it.

Second song is I'm fed up. A song where she sings about laying around in her bubble bath, then singing about all the things she's fed up with.

Third song is Amelie. It's a song about a character in a French movie called Amelie. Beautiful song.

Fourth song is I'm not twenty, where she's celebrating the fact that she hasn't turned twenty yet.

I should also mention she does a beautiful rendition of Madonna's La Isla Bonita that you might consider playing.
9 million views
Except for Amelie and La Isla Bonita, these 3 songs were re-writes of her French songs. They were written by Mylene Farmer. The most successful female singer in French history. A very talented woman but unfortunately one thing she wasn't that good at was re-writing these songs into English. Some times the story doesn't make sense. It's unfortunate, but I don't think it matters. Your listeners will love this girls voice and they will love the music that was written by Laurent Boutanant, another great talented artist.
Most of these songs were written back in 2003. But I don't think that matters to your listeners. The only thing that will matter to them is that they haven't heard them before. I didn't hear them until 2007 and had no idea they were 4 years old and could not have cared less.
She was at the height of her popularity back in 2003. But unfortunately that was when the relations between our two countries were at their worst. That's the year the phrase freedom fries was coined. No U.S. station would have dared played her music. Which is really a shame. Do a search of Youtube under her name and you'll see how popular she is. All this music of hers getting downloaded into the States and she's not making a penny out of it.
The more you learn about her, the more you realize she is as beautiful on the inside as on the outside. She does a lot of shows for charity. There's no embarressing photos of her, no late night partying, no rehab, no train wrecks. Just a beautiful person who's music I think your listeners would love to hear.
Dare to Mix!
Thank You for your time.
Dave Hardy

Letter to AmericanWay

I travel fairly often and as a consequence have read your magazine several times.
I have a suggestion on someone you should do a story on that I think many people in America and across the world would love to hear.
Her name is Alizée (pronounced Al - e - zay), a French singer whose name is as beautiful as her.
Here are links to a few pictures of her.

Alizée at 18 -

Alizée at 25 -

She was born on Corsica, France (same place as Napoleon) in 1984.
Her parents loved to windsurf so they decided to name her after a trade wind that blows through parts of Africa and the Caribbean, called an Alize. Well with the French, everything has a gender and Alize is masculine, so you add an e to the end and it becomes Alizée.

At the age of 11, she won a competition to design a new paint scheme for an airplane, of which, I'll attach a picture here.

http://yfrog.com/5aalizee17pyj

She studied dance from the age of 4. At the age of 15, a freind talked her into entering a talent show. She didn't realize until she got there that the dancing competition was for teams and she was by herself, so she entered the singing competition instead. She finished second, but more importantly, in the process, her efforts were noticed by Mylene Farmer and Laurent Boutanant. These are two tremendously talented French artists. Mylene Farmer is the most successful female singer in French history and a lot of her success is due to Laurent Boutanant who composes music for her and who she studied the arts with in college and they've worked on many projects together over the years.

They talked her parents into letting Alizée drop out of high school and moving to Paris to pursue her new career. She was an overnight success. She had 2 songs in the top 3 of the song charts for France for 3 months, something that no other French artist had accomplished before. She made it into the top 10 in England, something that was tremendously difficult for a foreign artist, not singing in English to do. She would fly home to Corsica on just about every weekend to be with freinds and family.

In 2003, Alizée performed 5 songs in English. The first was a beautiful rendition of Madonna's La Isla Bonita. This is how I found out about her. Another one was Amelie, which was a song about a character in the French movie Amelie. The movie won several awards, including in this country, despite having English subtitles. I'll attach a few links to some of her music. In 2003 she was at the height of her popularity. I think her English songs would have been played in this country except this was the time when the relations between our 2 countries were at their worst. This was the year the name freedom fries replaced french fries in our restaurants. Because of this I think she is one of the artists who has suffered the most financially from pirating. If her music had been played here, she would have made millions. Instead her music is readily down loaded for free from outlets such as Youtube. On Youtube there has been over 5 million views for La Isla Bonita, 25 million for J'en ai marre (of which there are several versions of). Here are a few links to some of her music. The first 2 in English, the last 3 in French.

Merci Fanny