Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 10-08-2012, 03:17 PM

Karin is on a distinguished road
Default [2012-10-26] DJ Set - Carrérouge Avignon

more infos soon (maybe)

Last edited by Karin; 10-09-2012 at 06:13 PM..
Old 10-08-2012, 08:08 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well this is awesome. Another DJ gig for Alizee? Is this part of Sony's plan to build up her popularity before the release of the new album? If it is, I think it's great strategy. Either way, it's great to see her getting out there and doing more.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:40 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Well this is awesome. Another DJ gig for Alizee? Is this part of Sony's plan to build up her popularity before the release of the new album? If it is, I think it's great strategy. Either way, it's great to see her getting out there and doing more.
I think so too. I got the impression she had a good time at the Kes West event last month. So many photos came from the event showing her with fans and giving autographs. I was thrilled to see that there were so many fans in France when I'd let myself to think she had none there anymore.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:29 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
I think so too. I got the impression she had a good time at the Kes West event last month. So many photos came from the event showing her with fans and giving autographs. I was thrilled to see that there were so many fans in France when I'd let myself to think she had none there anymore.
Not all were fans of Aizée...nut hey when an awesome DJ shows up, you become a fan although there were some fans that came because it was her, not just cause they were going to a club like the majority of the people. She made many mew fans though!

Hopefully this new DJ Set becomes real
Old 10-09-2012, 10:05 AM

vivealizee is on a distinguished road

Everytime some celebrity or c-lebrity appears as an act in a club, the people want autographs, even though they ain't fans.
I guess if Alizée had just visited the club, not so many would have asked her for her autograph... don't want to talk bad about Alizée, but about how the people visiting those clubs work.
Someone from the forum gonna visit Alizée that vendredi?
Old 10-09-2012, 01:09 PM

I'm leaving for vacation next monday. I'll be flying back on the 25th from Amsterdam. I do have an unused ticket that's good for a Charles de Gaulle to Boston flight, but I'd have to lose two days of work to make that DJ gig. That's too much considering I'm thinking about going to Les Enfoires in january, if I can get past the thought of waiting out in the freezing cold for 4 hours to get a good seat and I hopefully will go to the autograph session in march.

On a somewhat related/unrelated matter. I had mentioned before that with my company being in bankruptcy,that it looked for a while that I might be hitting the street and with that losing my ability to pop over to France on different occassions as often as I have. But now it looks like I "may" have to relocate to a different city, but I will be keeping my job and my travel benefits.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 10-10-2012 at 04:18 PM..
Old 10-09-2012, 02:12 PM

Aldighieri is on a distinguished road

Job troubles? Consider to get some days in Italy. A dish of " patriotic fries" will never lack to you, here. Ok, being serious..pity I have no space in my home to host you, you'd be very welcome...
Old 10-09-2012, 05:39 PM

Thanks Aldigheri. My worst job fears are behind me at the moment. Losing my travel benefits would have been like ripping the soul out of my chest for me. Being able to see places that Alizee has performed such as Pistoia and Taormina meant a lot to me. Seeing Corsica was another joy. Then to meet her in person..............what can I say..............then to see her singing within 6 feet of me..............You can't put a price on that...........so close I could have reached out and touched her...............I'm sure it's something I still haven't come to really appreciate yet and to think I still may get to fulfill my dream of seeing her in concert..........well, you can understand what these travel benefits have meant to me.

Another reason they mean a lot to me is I've always been a big buff of ww2 and ww1 history. Because of Alizee, I started going over to Europe on my vacations to see her, but while there, I've been able to see so many sites that I've seen so many times on the history channel.......Normandy, Dunkirk, Bastogne, Dieppe, Verdun, the Somme, Malmedy, the bridge at Rhemagen ( at least where it used to be), fort Eban Email where Gernany launched it's war against western France, the u boat yards at St Nazaire and Lorient, the Atlantic wall, Solerno where my dad landed and so many other places that I would not have seen if it wasn't for Alizee.

On part of this trip I am going on, I will be back in the area of Malmedy. I just read a book on the massacre that took place there and I'd like to revisit it. Having been on tanks for 2 years in the army, I'm fascinated with those great German tanks that had such a fearsome reputation such as the Panther and especially the Tiger. There are only about 7 or 8 tiger tanks left in the world. I hope to see all of them. I've seen 3 in Europe so far and hope to see another one in the Battle of the bulge area on this trip. Next spring, I hope to see one outside of Moscow. So even if I have to relocate, I still will be able to pursue what means so much to me...................especially Alizee.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:27 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

I'm glad she has another DJ stint. Although I was really hoping for a bigger gig, like Jenifer (The Voice) and now Lorie (Dancing With The Stars). I remember the rumors a few months ago that she might get one of those. But, I guess they were indeed just that...rumors!

It's a shame because Alizee would have done great in either of those shows and that would have helped promote her album as well.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:10 AM

I get the feeling that it is Sony behind these dj gigs. That's one reason why I was glad to see it was Sony and not some offshoot of Sony, producing this album.

As far as her being chosen to be on a show like The Voice or DWTS; I think that was a very real possibility, up till about a year ago, but now, I think it's very unlikely, unless her new album does very well in France.

I looked up Avignon on Google earth. It's down south, about 40 miles northwest of Marseille. A hop, skip and a swim for her, well compared to us.

Here's a video from it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-fHSrWpOqbA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 10-10-2012 at 04:30 PM..

Tags
alizee, djs, party