Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-27-2013, 07:53 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default Paris update

I arrived in Paris with no problems. Flights went well. The metro was a little tougher. Gate du Nord is a huge station, but a young Frenchman was a big help.
I arrived at my hotel around 8am, was dog tired, so I slept for about 3 hours.

I got up and went down to the fnac store and scoped it out. There were 4 floors and I was looking for a manager type, the suit wearing kind. I didn't really see any one of that caliber,but I saw 3 workers who were sitting behind a help desk, so I decided I would talk to them.

They were very helpful. (funny how that works) I showed them the letter we had sent to the store, which was in French and that was a big help, because there was a language gap.

They tried calling the organizer, but couldn't get a hold of him. They said they would get in touch with Alizee and see what she thought.

We discussed the possibility of me buying the cds tomorrow and leaving them there . I said that would be fine and I said I'd leave the list of names too. They were very taken aback by that. They thought I just wanted Alizee's name signed to it. So I had to do some quick tap dancing and I said if it's easier for her to just sign her name, that's fine with us. I know we would all rather have it personalized, but at this late stage we would just like to make sure something gets done. So they told me to check back tomorrow aftenoon, which I will do after I meet Ray at the airport.

If the mods want to merge this with another thread, that's fine. It's just easier for me to do it this way where I'm using a ThinkPad.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 03-27-2013 at 07:56 AM..
Old 03-27-2013, 08:32 AM

Lucas is on a distinguished road

better just an autograph as nothing... but still hoping...
Old 03-27-2013, 08:49 AM

Lili4ever is on a distinguished road

how is the weather in Paris, Scruffy ?
Old 03-27-2013, 09:47 AM

skungpoomery is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I arrived in Paris with no problems. Flights went well. The metro was a little tougher. Gate du Nord is a huge station, but a young Frenchman was a big help.
I arrived at my hotel around 8am, was dog tired, so I slept for about 3 hours.

I got up and went down to the fnac store and scoped it out. There were 4 floors and I was looking for a manager type, the suit wearing kind. I didn't really see any one of that caliber,but I saw 3 workers who were sitting behind a help desk, so I decided I would talk to them.

They were very helpful. (funny how that works) I showed them the letter we had sent to the store, which was in French and that was a big help, because there was a language gap.

They tried calling the organizer, but couldn't get a hold of him. They said they would get in touch with Alizee and see what she thought.

We discussed the possibility of me buying the cds tomorrow and leaving them there . I said that would be fine and I said I'd leave the list of names too. They were very taken aback by that. They thought I just wanted Alizee's name signed to it. So I had to do some quick tap dancing and I said if it's easier for her to just sign her name, that's fine with us. I know we would all rather have it personalized, but at this late stage we would just like to make sure something gets done. So they told me to check back tomorrow aftenoon, which I will do after I meet Ray at the airport.

If the mods want to merge this with another thread, that's fine. It's just easier for me to do it this way where I'm using a ThinkPad.
Many thanks for the update - glad you made it there in one piece. Of course we all hope for the full-on personalised "dédicace" but completely understand the logistics and difficulties involved and appreciate all the efforts regardless of outcome. Either way, enjoy Paris in the (supposed to be by now) Spring and say hi to herself from all of us!
Old 03-27-2013, 11:38 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lili4ever View Post
how is the weather in Paris, Scruffy ?
Cloudy and cool with a potential of Alizee!
Old 03-27-2013, 12:31 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

And that's a bad thing Scruffydog.

It least I made a few people laugh on my Facebook page when I put up the promo picture this morning of the event on Friday. I asked where do you think I would rather be on Friday, at work dealing with my drama queens or in Paris getting a CD autographed by Alizée?
Old 03-27-2013, 08:07 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Good luck Scruff. Don't kill yourself over this. Try to have some fun while you're there and thanks again for all you do. And if you do see her, tell her Lefty said "Hi".
Old 03-27-2013, 10:23 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

Have a great time Scruff :-)
We all know that you will do your very best for us.....if it works out, great...if not try not to worry too much about it.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:44 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

ditto on the posts thus far. It will all work out the way it is supposed to. Have a great time.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:42 AM

Saerdna is on a distinguished road

All the best and good luck for the upcoming days & enjoy Paris!