Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 04-22-2013, 11:25 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road
Default When I hit 4,000 im gone

When I hit 4,000 im gone
I have wanted to leave for a while now but the only thing keeping me is my love for some of the members I have spent the years with here and grown to know. With 5.5 years on this forum I have changed a lot as with my interests. Years ago like many of you currently I my life and heart had a huge spot for Alizee in it. Unfortunately that changed as I grew older. Further fueling the fire is the music she sings appears as well as her character growth has steered away from the Alizee I have grown to love. The Alizee I was a fan of is the Alizee of past that probably won’t come again. I find myself no longer interest in her current music as well as growing weary of the old songs I used to love so much.

I have been fighting to stay on these forums, trying to stay current with Alizee news but I feel like I am fighting with myself. I find myself asking “why am I doing this, what am I trying to learn and accomplish” as for I am clearly not interested. I have started to realize this is because I have a trouble letting go and saying good bye. I realize with my ultimate resignation of this forum my Alizee “fandom” officially completely ends turning another chapter on my life. With this new chapter it seems one of the last remaining remnants of my adolescence ends too.

Now I know some may ask why leave if it pains you to do so? The reason for that is it also pains me a little bit to be here. Like I said before I feel like I am fighting with myself to stay on these forums when I do not want to and it is making me unhappy. My posts have taken a severe downward spiral in quality and I feel the only in depth posts I can offer are in the off topic discussions in which feels so static. To that thought I feel the whole board has went static but when I stop and think about this more I find that this statement is not true. This board has never changed, though is follows the same formula in cycles of new and old members it is a definitely very dynamic and diverse. It is me, who has turned static … or is divergent a better word? It is me who has grown bored of something that used to be near the pinnacle of my interests. It seems almost everything that defined me as a person when I first joined this forum at 17 has gone and or changed. Not to get into details but my political, views, my life goal, my life philosophy, and even my whole being have all changed.

It is for these reasons that I have decided to leave for good; say good bye to everyone and leave for good. I know will be hated by some, possibly (and I hope) loved by others; but I hope in these 5 and half years you remember me as a strong opinionated member who loved great discussion and debate. I hope those who watched me grow from when I first joined are satisfied with who I am and the person I became and the growth of my personality.

The reason why I am not leaving right now after this post is I need a little more time to fully say goodbye. I want to uses these last few months to take in everything before I go. I figure I am so close to 4,000 posts in which will be a milestone for me, why not complete the final mile while enjoying the scenery. Now I know to some this may seem spontaneous, to those members who are really close to me and really know me you know this has been a long time coming. To those who witnessed and saw how my posts have been as of the last year should also not be too surprised.

I write this with a heavy heart and I will miss a lot of you; I wish you all the best in life and hope Alizee is and stays everything you want her to be and more. I hope she continues to inspire you and allow you to vibe in her sweet melodies. It is with this that I give my formal goodbyes, now all that is left to do is post 87 more times and I can be on my way. This is really hard for me but it has to be done!~

Remember everyone, “dream always and all ways!”

Sincerely;
FRA - Mike

http://youtu.be/WM7-PYtXtJM

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 04-23-2013, 01:42 AM

Davedel is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

I for one will be sad to see you go. I, myself, loved the old Alizee but am not so attached to the new (real) Alizee. I loved the clothes and costumes she wore, the smiles she had, the eyebrow thing she did, the young innocence she portrayed, and the lack of tattoos she had (except for the one on her ankle). She should have stayed with Mylene in my humble opinion but probably/maybe she's happier.

I've been here (off and on) since 2006 under various names but although I don't follow Alizee like I used to religiously do I do check up on her from time to time to see how she's doing. I do still care for her and probably always will. Maybe you can or will do the same. Just check in from time to time or google her to see the latest and greatest about her.

Thanks for all the great posts.

Last edited by Davedel; 04-23-2013 at 01:46 AM..
Old 04-23-2013, 08:36 AM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Because a picture is worth a thousand words , some music may be worth a million...

You will always be one of us!

Goodbye... (please come say Hi from time to time ! )

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..

Last edited by lapinschous; 04-23-2013 at 08:42 AM..
Old 04-23-2013, 01:55 PM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

This is so sad. I hate seeing the ones I grown with leave. I want to give you a reminder of what you're leaving behind:

I know... that was mean but consider the source. lol

WAIT!! I have a better way... leave and I WILL track you down and beat the snot out of you!

Last edited by Rocket; 04-23-2013 at 02:59 PM..
Old 04-23-2013, 03:37 PM

Lili4ever is on a distinguished road

you better hope none of us tracks you down
Old 04-23-2013, 07:31 PM
Hypebeast

Plaz is on a distinguished road

happens to the best of us!

---------------------------------------------------

Old 04-23-2013, 08:00 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Thanks everyone it means a lot .. I am hoping to make 3 posts a day so I can be out of here in about a month.
Love you all

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
This is so sad. I hate seeing the ones I grown with leave. I want to give you a reminder of what you're leaving behind:

I know... that was mean but consider the source. lol

WAIT!! I have a better way... leave and I WILL track you down and beat the snot out of you!
Thanks Rocket Girl!

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Last edited by Future Raptor Ace; 04-23-2013 at 08:00 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 04-23-2013, 09:32 PM
Choosy moms choose Tchaikovsky

Tchaikovsky is on a distinguished road

Sad to see you go
Old 04-23-2013, 10:15 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Well we've talked about that before, and it'd sad to see that it will happen soon Like Rocket said, it's hard to see members like you leave, peeps I grew up with on here at least. I joined when I was 17, and now I'm 21, many of the great friends I made on my first year on AAm are now gone, or don't usually visit I'm glad we can at least contact each other on sites like fb, so don't be a stranger!! Take care of yourself man and I hope you can take away postive things from your time on here and as an Alizée fan
Old 04-24-2013, 09:53 PM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
I joined when I was 17, and now I'm 21, many of the great friends I made on my first year on AAm are now gone, or don't usually visit
Have you ever considered that it might be YOU?

j/k Fall, you're a sweetie!

Last edited by Rocket; 04-24-2013 at 10:28 PM..