Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-09-2012, 05:53 PM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
I agree Scruffy! I honestly think she is not acting her age nor like a mother; but it is non of my business.
Well at this point we might as well make it our business since so many agree on this one thing. I'm just saying it's okay to talk about it.

Unless she is living in a completely different world or is sacrificing part of her old fan base to create a new one based on the tattoo'd up image I can understand that. This might be part of their strategy.

But if she has no mentors or supervisors stepping in (her new friends obviously encourage this stuff) we can't help but feel we should try and give her advice. We might not know about what it takes to be a musician/dancer but a lot of us have some concrete life lessons from the mistakes we and people we know/knew have made.
Old 06-09-2012, 06:14 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Helixsix I have to agree with your assessment with the exception of Future Raptor Ace's comment on his assessment of her being a good mother. I just don't see her doing this with out encouragement from others around her. Increasing the number of tattoos on your body does not increase your fan base, your singing and performing skills bring you fans. So unless she plans on going full "Punk" those tattoo's are doing more harm that good.

After watching a piece on the news about a new treatment for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder using an Alzheimer drug called Memantine, the first thing that came to mind was Alizée and the tattoos.

Last edited by ALS; 06-09-2012 at 08:02 PM..
Old 06-09-2012, 06:56 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRE View Post
Show me an inmate with a tattoo of Tinkerbell on his back and Sailor Moon on his arm and I'll show you an inmate with a lot friends.
I'll bet he drops his soap a lot in the shower too.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelixSix View Post
Well at this point we might as well make it our business since so many agree on this one thing. I'm just saying it's okay to talk about it. .
I said I was going to shut up on this subject and I wish I could. What's the use? I feel there is no stopping her. There will be more. I feel there's no sense in adding to what I've already said, ut then I'll see a picture like the one posted here and my blood pressure doubles and I can't conatain myself.

Quote:
Unless she is living in a completely different world or is sacrificing part of her old fan base to create a new one based on the tattoo'd up image I can understand that. This might be part of their strategy..
That passed my mind too. Maybe they think the controversy this is causing keeps people interested; keeps them around.

Quote:
But if she has no mentors or supervisors stepping in (her new friends obviously encourage this stuff) we can't help but feel we should try and give her advice. We might not know about what it takes to be a musician/dancer but a lot of us have some concrete life lessons from the mistakes we and people we know/knew have made.
That's the bigges thing that bothers me. Isn't there anyone around her trying to talk some sense into her? I feel her closest freind could be dancerman and as I said before, I think all he does is encourage her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
After watching a piece on the news about a new treatment for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder using an Alzheimer drug called Memantine, the first thing that came to mind was Alizée and the tattoos . .
Maybe that's the only logical explanation for what she is doing.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 06-09-2012 at 06:56 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 06-09-2012, 08:41 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

I don't think Alizee has any sort of deep, psychological problems. I mean come on, she's not doing drugs and she's not an alcoholic, as far as we know. I think she is just having fun and not really putting much thought into these tattoos. They're obviously on a whim. She said a long time ago in an interview, that she didn't plan too far ahead and this is the perfect example of that mentality. She's having fun and trying to enjoy what is left of her youth.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:53 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
That's the bigges thing that bothers me. Isn't there anyone around her trying to talk some sense into her? I feel her closest freind could be dancerman and as I said before, I think all he does is encourage her.
I'm not sure how close they really are, but they are pictured a lot together. The latest tattoos have been keeping me stumped as to why on earth she would be getting them, but now I'm wondering if it really is the company she keeps that is encouraging her to get all these tattoos. Considering how impressionable Alizee seems to be, it wouldn't surprise me. Also, and this is just speaking from my experience with all the gay friends my parents used to have when I was a little girl who spent a lot of time with them and me (I had a gay man who babysat me at one point), a lot of gay men seem to share the value of empowerment for women and encourage independence, pride and individuality. If the tattoos are making her feel empowered or more of an individual, perhaps that's why he might encourage her to get them if she wants to.

That's all well and good, because tattoos are superficial and there is no harm done to her well-being. We just don't have to like them. If she had a problem like drinking too much, then yes, she would definitely need to get new friends who love her enough to tell her "no" when she really needs to hear it.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 06-09-2012, 10:37 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I guess I still believe that Alizée is getting tattoos simply because she really likes them. And as Euphoria said, I think it fits into her philosophy of living in the present and not thinking too far into the future. I also agree with Azhiri that Alizée is impressionable and might possibly be getting some encouragement from someone, but I think if she didn't like tattoos she wouldn't give in to such encouragement.
Old 06-10-2012, 02:49 AM

I've said before that I thought these tatoos would hurt her career outside of singing such as when there was talk of her being on the show the Voice I believe it was where I think she would be considered for the job because of her beauty rather than her singing prowess, but if this album does well under Sony's management, hopefully there wil be another under them and so the tatoos will be of little consequence. They probably wouldn't help her career, but they wont cripple it, at least not the singing part of it.

I think again as I mentioned before is they will have more a consequence in her private life. I suspect she'd like to have a husband who's good looking and some type of celebrity such as a singer or an athlete. I would think that's a very tough field to compete for. These types of celebrities usually have a flock of good looking women in search of them.

Now if you were to go out onto any street in any big city and grab 100 men of from 25 to 30 years of age, at random and show them 2 groups of pictures. Both groups of pictures would be of the same beautiful woman. They would be au natural. One group would be of the woman without tatoos and the other would be of the same woman with the tatoos that Alizee has. If you were to ask them which woman would they rather be in a relationship with. I think you might possibly find 5 at the most, but let's say you found 10 and I really believe that is the most you would find, so that means 90% who would reject the one with tatoos.

That means Alizee is herself eliminating 90 % of the men who would normally be interested in her and that's from a field that is a tough field to crack to begin with.

Of course Alizee wants this album to be a success but a thing I think she'd love much more is to find a loving husband and a great father for Annily. I think she'd even cancel this album at this late stage if she found someone and wanted to run off with him. But if she wants someone who would be a good catch for a celebrity like herself, I don't think theres anything she could do that would be more damaging for her chances than what she's doing now.

It's so hard to watch what's going on and see her doing what she's doing and In my eyes, that's self destructing.

The one thing that could stop this is if a good man came along for her. That's something that I feel would do her the most good; bring her the most happiness, but with each tatoo, those odds are getting slimmer and slimmer.

Then again maybe she's already found the man of her dreams and that man lives in Paris and he tatoos people for a living.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 06-10-2012 at 02:53 AM..
Old 06-10-2012, 03:42 AM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Judging strictly from her pictures, it looks like Alizee is enjoying the single life at the moment, but those tattoos will be there forever.. she probably won't be enjoying the single life forever.

I would hope that Alizee wouldn't want a man who would choose to overlook her personality/the content of her soul and character because of her tattoos anyway, so I'm not so much worried for her love life. Then again, I'd expect the kind of tattoo someone gets would be a direct reflection of her character. To me the tattoos would suggest either that she is childlike, or that she rushes into decisions without thinking.. we know at least one of these to be true. Again, if I were her, I'd want a man who'd be willing to love me in spite of these flaws or help me improve myself rather than writing me off at first glance.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 06-10-2012, 04:31 AM

Unfortunately I think what happens in the begining of a lot of relationships is the physical attraction comes first. Someone is attracted to someone else that fits a mold of what they like . Let's say a certain man likes a woman who is brunette, caucasian, 5'3", shapely. Now there are a lot of women who fit that mold so what sets one apart from another at the begining is the physical beauty. Before Alizee had a huge edge in that department, now I think, if they see her tatoos, it's a big disadvantage.

Now the personality, the soul, and the character mean a tremendous amount, and I think there are a lot of cases, for instance where two people who find themselves working for the same company and are not initially all that physically attracted to each other, but because they are around each other all the time they get to learn of and love those other qualities and a relationship develops.

But I think with her life style and with the select group of men that she'd prefer to be in a relationship with, men really don't get to know her well enough to learn of those other great qualities of her.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 06-10-2012 at 08:58 AM..
Old 06-10-2012, 10:36 AM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well at this point we might as well make it our business since so many agree on this one thing. I'm just saying it's okay to talk about it.

Unless she is living in a completely different world or is sacrificing part of her old fan base to create a new one based on the tattoo'd up image I can understand that. This might be part of their strategy.

Yea we could try; but she is very strong minded! She would not listen and it would only anger her in the process, there is nothing to be done Helix!

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
Helixsix I have to agree with your assessment with the exception of Future Raptor Ace's comment on his assessment of her being a good mother. I just don't see her doing this with out encouragement from others around her. Increasing the number of tattoos on your body does not increase your fan base, your singing and performing skills bring you fans. So unless she plans on going full "Punk" those tattoo's are doing more harm that good.

After watching a piece on the news about a new treatment for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder using an Alzheimer drug called Memantine, the first thing that came to mind was Alizée and the tattoos.
I never said anything about her being a good mother that is your assessment; re-read my post again!

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
I don't think Alizee has any sort of deep, psychological problems. I mean come on, she's not doing drugs and she's not an alcoholic, as far as we know. I think she is just having fun and not really putting much thought into these tattoos. They're obviously on a whim. She said a long time ago in an interview, that she didn't plan too far ahead and this is the perfect example of that mentality. She's having fun and trying to enjoy what is left of her youth.
I dont think so either; I think she is completely normal but just acting very immature and childish. Left of her youth? She gave away her youth as soon as she had Annilly ... that is the choice she made; she has to realize she is an adult now and start acting like it!

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Last edited by Future Raptor Ace; 06-10-2012 at 10:38 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts