Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-14-2012, 11:36 PM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
I think she's probably desperate to connect with today's generation of music listeners... her latest album tried to follow the current pop trends to appeal to my generation (I think we're Generation Z?) and it FLOPPED big-time. It's a shame, she has made her mark in music and will be remembered always, she doesn't need to prove anything to today's industry - but she tried anyway and it was underwhelming.

I sure hope Alizee has the sense to recognize that and returns to what she is really good at instead of being a follower and catering to trends that don't suit her as a performer. Innovation, not imitation!
I disagree on that. The reason I respected her so much is because she branched out into the music she wanted to make, rather than what she is doing right now which will likely be traditional pop.

I had no problem with her albums not doing so good because she did it her way and wasn't puppet lolita part 2 like so many wanted her to be...and still would want her to be if she hadn't got all the tattoo's. If the tattoo's are for that purpose my respect meter goes way up again since those fans have been so rude over the years being side-seat driving wannabe career managers thinking they know more about her than she does.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:30 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

It was very brave of her to go off in a new direction, but being very brave and being very smart are 2 very different things. As far as her last 2 albums, their results in France both have to be looked upon as flops. As far as calling some of her fans wanna be career managers. well that's because they are offering advice that they think she badly needs. and quite frankly I think she's a wanna be career manager who was managing her own career right into the ground.

About the only smart decision she's made in the past several years is to get with Sony and let them run the show and I think "they" will save her career.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 06-16-2012 at 04:52 AM..
Old 06-15-2012, 01:51 PM

vermelho grande is on a distinguished road

I'd like to see her do something with Argentine Jazz legend Gato Barbieri. He won a grammy for the 1974 score to "Last Tango in Paris". His stuff is very suited to songs like Alizee and
"À Contre-courant" to name two.

Gato is in his late 70's, but he still tours. He's an icon of Latin Jazz and is much beloved in S A and could also bring a Maurice Chevalier vibe. Women love the sound he gets out of his tenor sax. That's why he was picked to write the score to Last Tango.

One album with Gato Barbieri would totaly revamp Lilli's career.

She would be a jazz star.

See Joni Mitchel!
Old 06-16-2012, 11:36 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelixSix View Post
I disagree on that. The reason I respected her so much is because she branched out into the music she wanted to make, rather than what she is doing right now which will likely be traditional pop.

I had no problem with her albums not doing so good because she did it her way and wasn't puppet lolita part 2 like so many wanted her to be...and still would want her to be if she hadn't got all the tattoo's. If the tattoo's are for that purpose my respect meter goes way up again since those fans have been so rude over the years being side-seat driving wannabe career managers thinking they know more about her than she does.
I was talking about Madonna in the first part of that post, not Alizee. I think with Psyche, Alizee had a good balance of music that was what she wanted with a personal touch, and also very marketable... if only the actual marketing had been handled a little better. UEdS I appreciated because I thought it was a great album and I liked that Alizee was keeping her artistic integrity rather than selling out to make something manufactured.. the subject material meant something to her and it was great.

With her newest album I guess Sony will be calling the shots. If she has any input at all, I hope she makes it as Alizee-ish as possible while still making it marketable, like I said... pop can still be original and truly great if the right people are behind it. I think her team's first priority is to make money, and if the album doesn't sell well we may not see much more from her.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 06-17-2012, 11:20 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
I was talking about Madonna in the first part of that post, not Alizee. I think with Psyche, Alizee had a good balance of music that was what she wanted with a personal touch, and also very marketable... if only the actual marketing had been handled a little better. UEdS I appreciated because I thought it was a great album and I liked that Alizee was keeping her artistic integrity rather than selling out to make something manufactured.. the subject material meant something to her and it was great.

With her newest album I guess Sony will be calling the shots. If she has any input at all, I hope she makes it as Alizee-ish as possible while still making it marketable, like I said... pop can still be original and truly great if the right people are behind it. I think her team's first priority is to make money, and if the album doesn't sell well we may not see much more from her.
I think Jeremy may have been a key figure in the idea of self-producing Alizée's last 2 albums. Jeremy may have written some good music, but I don't think he had any history of being a producer of hit albums. I thought Psych was more marketable and accessible than UEDS and I liked both of them, but neither seemed like they had huge hit potential.

If Sony does their job right and produces a hit album that also embodies what you refer to as "Alizee-ish", and provides a proper promotion to go along with it, I think she has a good chance of a more successful result. This time, Sony will have more "ownership" in the product and may feel more compelled to make it a success.
Old 06-17-2012, 01:19 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

She now has 3 strong petite female characters tattooed on her body. Has she missed any (any new "surprises" ahead), or has she covered them all?
Old 06-17-2012, 01:32 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

She still has Betty Boop, The Little Mermaid, and how about the complete cast from Toy Story just to name a FEW she hasn't tattooed on her body yet. Of course we haven't seen her since she was 18 with her cloths off so there could ten or fifteen others hidden under her wardrobe.

Last edited by ALS; 06-17-2012 at 01:40 PM..
Old 06-17-2012, 02:19 PM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
She still has Betty Boop, The Little Mermaid, and how about the complete cast from Toy Story just to name a FEW she hasn't tattooed on her body yet. Of course we haven't seen her since she was 18 with her cloths off so there could ten or fifteen others hidden under her wardrobe.
Stop giving her ideas, man! I could picture her reading your post and going:

""

Visit my channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCikDcLKqMBQpkJ5gUANAX0Q
Old 06-17-2012, 03:21 PM

Karin is on a distinguished road

maybe Marge Simpson tattoo on second arm

Old 06-17-2012, 03:44 PM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

Well she seems to really like the Dragonball series. Over at AF a picture of her holding a little toy of one of the characters was posted. Plus she posted a picture from dragonballz a while ago on twitter. So I'm guessing the next tattoo will be from Dragonball/Dragonball Z.