Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-08-2009, 06:19 PM
The Schupicker

Shoepick is on a distinguished road

Well I certainly had fun and I think it went very well.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:22 PM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoepick View Post
Well I certainly had fun and I think it went very well.
Yeah I dropped in for about the last hour and hopefully next chat there will be some more members join in, it's a lot of fun to just talk and debate some things back and fourth and the more interaction and ideas the better. I am looking forward to the next chat and hopefully I won't have anything planned and can be on time for it.

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!
Old 03-08-2009, 06:24 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Well, that was fun once again. We got some good discussion in there even if my part wasn't really as complete and coherent as I would like. There is sort of the thing of Alizée is still Alizée even though things have gone the way they've gone and we are just waiting to see what she does. It's sort of like, for me, I'm an Alizée fan because I am and when ever I get to see her again, like with Les Enfoirés, I remember why, but it is always difficult because making a connection with her is difficult. And it may just be because I'm too impatient about waiting for the next album and such, but it's there none the less. I don't really care much about making a connection with any other artists, though I would like to see what's next from Christophe Willem for example. It's been years now since his last album. But Alizée drew me in in such a personal way that I want to "follow" her. Sometimes I do get a bit fed up myself, but I'm still here.

Merci Fanny
Old 03-08-2009, 06:27 PM
The Schupicker

Shoepick is on a distinguished road

Just watched Ella Elle la, cant believe I missed that.. absolutely fantastic!
Old 03-08-2009, 06:40 PM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Well, that was fun once again. We got some good discussion in there even if my part wasn't really as complete and coherent as I would like. There is sort of the thing of Alizée is still Alizée even though things have gone the way they've gone and we are just waiting to see what she does. It's sort of like, for me, I'm an Alizée fan because I am and when ever I get to see her again, like with Les Enfoirés, I remember why, but it is always difficult because making a connection with her is difficult. And it may just be because I'm too impatient about waiting for the next album and such, but it's there none the less. I don't really care much about making a connection with any other artists, though I would like to see what's next from Christophe Willem for example. It's been years now since his last album. But Alizée drew me in in such a personal way that I want to "follow" her. Sometimes I do get a bit fed up myself, but I'm still here.
You seemed coherent enough for me, at least when I was there. I heard a comment about something you guys talked about before and I have no idea how you guys drifted into talking about that but hey with this community and all the "off-topicness" that happens here it's not surprising.

There were some things I kind of felt I missed out on saying now that I think about it, but I guess that just kind of how it goes. I thought maybe when I was describing my introduction to Alizée that I should have mentioned finding this website and how the community here has been a lot of fun to interact with and how it has kept the fan and quest for knowledge in me "alive" so to say. Still fun none the less and if anyone else who didn't make it or doesn't have a mic and has anything to add once the pod-cast is released go ahead and post it in the pod-cast thread and we can continue the discussion there I am sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoepick View Post
Just watched Ella Elle la, cant believe I missed that.. absolutely fantastic!
Yes it is, I really enjoyed that performance and even though its a cover it was actually one of my favorite's from Alizée for a little while and I prefer it to the original song. There is quite a bit of stuff out there on Alizée sometimes I miss things too and find it later and its a pretty nice surprise until I figure out how long its been out.

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!

Last edited by Chommpers; 03-08-2009 at 06:50 PM..
Old 03-08-2009, 07:10 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

About off-topic. I think this is a good format to allow a conversation to go there because we need something to talk about for an hour or two for one thing, and then we can always say, ok, let's get back to it. Ruroshen has turned out to be like the moderator or person directing things and so with that we can, when appropriate, be directed back and that's how it went with this discussion. And it has been fairly easy to keep things moving pretty much they way it should with these discussions. I always would like more Alizée centric and information rich discussion, but between the limits of what those of us with a mic know and what we happen to think of at the moment and where the thread is leading, that's hard to do. But it has gone well. I would like to make or see made, an Alizée time-line that starts with the earliest known thing about Alizée and has attached everything we know about her to the present. One could then link to each of those points in time things written or created by others that is relevant. That would be an interesting software technology to create. That is, an information format for organising and displaying that. See, that's way off topic, but it also has everything to do with Alizée.
Any enterprising programmers out there? That could be a whole new internet application.

Oh, bla bla bla. One thing that trying to respond to lowbeam reminded me: we had all this discussion about Alizée and what she should or could do. Look at what she says. I think her plan has simply been to have fun while trying to create something. And certainly that is what we have wanted, to look up to her and have fun sharing something new and cool and hopefully primally appealing put out by Alizée. She may just be this woman, particularly in her mind, but we're all here because she was the face and the actor in a thing which had massive primal appeal. Now, I just want to see her having fun creating new stuff and be able to take part in the experience of that. That puts her at least in the appearance of a leadership position, which she took on in creating her last album. I think she has the personality to hold herself well in that position. She has the presence of someone who belongs in the high position we've seen her in. Of course, actually turning the gears in the background is another issue. She's just a person one wants to see succeed and be along for the ride.

Stats: By the way, I don't know how significant this is, but as we were talking about numbers of Alizée fans and such. I just find these numbers a little interesting from Alizee-forum.com: Threads: 13,280, Posts: 757,986, Members: 16,091, Active Members: 2,215
I guess since around march of 2003 or something, even though the server itself has gone through various movements and changes in that time. If one could take a small fraction of those members and get them to all commit to a concert somewhere... But then even in France she has sold like 40,000 copies of her album (last I noticed). Obviously most people buying don't ever show up on forums, much less regularly spend time there. The word was before Psychédélices came out that she had sold over 6 million of I will guess albums and singles all put together from her first two albums.

Merci Fanny

Last edited by Roman; 03-08-2009 at 08:40 PM..
Old 03-08-2009, 11:07 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I thought it went really well, and even the guys without mics in the chatroom contributed quite a bit. We do tend to wander off-topic a bit and go off on tangents, but they generally lead to interesting places, and like Roman says we usually manage to find our way back before too long. I'm just sorry I had to cut it off when I did, because I felt like we ended on a little bit of a down-note.

Thanks again to everyone who came out, whether you were on the mics or not. It was nice to have some new voices and insights in this one, and the variation in how long all of us had been fans, how we became fans, etc., really led to an interesting discussion. (Hopefully it'll prove to be just as interesting to folks who weren't in on it, as well!)

EDIT: Ooo, almost forgot...for anyone whose eyes didn't glaze over when I started talking about how I firmly believe Lili could really capitalize on her status as a niche internet celebrity if she just, y'know, tried, here's a link to the 1,000 True Fans model I mentioned (via Wil Wheaton's blog, which first hooked me into it).

Granted, Wil's been applying it to self-publishing non-fiction, but I've seen the same model applied successfully again and again (with admittedly varied amounts of success, but success nonetheless), in a number of different fields, and I genuinely believe it could work for Lili and Jeremy if they chose (or it became necessary for them) to go that route.

Last edited by Ruroshen; 03-08-2009 at 11:22 PM..
Old 03-08-2009, 11:27 PM
Pronounced "I'm Rahj" ;)

ImRawdg is on a distinguished road

You were on the server today? I wish I would have known that...
Old 03-08-2009, 11:30 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImRawdg View Post
You were on the server today? I wish I would have known that...
Sorry dude, that's all my fault--it was all very much last minute, and I didn't do a very good job of getting the word out.

There'll be another one again soon, though. I'll make sure to send you a PM next time so you don't miss it.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:06 AM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

yeah i thought it went preaty good, srry for not talking much had problems with the vent, i could her u fine just couldnt talk. Spent close to an hour doing my computer diagnosis, and found that it was a little stupid thing that i turned off for another system. Got it all figured out, and next time ill contibute. peace and salute.