Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-01-2011, 03:34 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
They did edit clips of different performances together, it's quite obvious. They also edited the audio, you can tell the difference when you watch videos recorded by fans at the concert.
I'm not sure if you were referring to Alizee's voice or the audio that were removed or edited. But as far as Alizee's voice: The fans used either cellphones or low quality video recorder. I think it's not fair to judge her voice based on those recordings. Even Mariah Carey or Whitney Houston would sound bad using those recorders.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:55 PM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

If we are again on the "voice item", I must say that I just see a rebroadcast of Enfoires 2011 on TMC channel.
Do you remember this performance of the 4 singers around the piano ?

It's not an easy song and Alizee voice is perfectly in tunes.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:11 AM

mzracing76 is on a distinguished road

DVD QUESTION - I have always wondered why the Enconcert DVD will not play on my regular DVD player? is it a certain format that my dvd player does not have.

however, it does play on my cheaper portable dvd player. what is the difference, I would rather watch it on a regular dvd player if at all possable.

I dont know much about dvd players (i mean, as in formats, etc) - always figured it had something to do with the language on the DVD.

MZ
Old 11-02-2011, 08:22 PM

WyomingGrizFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzracing76 View Post
DVD QUESTION - I have always wondered why the Enconcert DVD will not play on my regular DVD player? is it a certain format that my dvd player does not have.

however, it does play on my cheaper portable dvd player. what is the difference, I would rather watch it on a regular dvd player if at all possable.

I dont know much about dvd players (i mean, as in formats, etc) - always figured it had something to do with the language on the DVD.

MZ
Yes, there is a difference, at least worldwide on DVD Formats: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_region_code

Essentially, the "Alizeé en concert DVD" was published in 2004 in the PAL Format which is, as I understand it, the primary European Format; also the German as well, if not mistaken. The difference is, not in the language but in the frames per second. The North American Format (NTSC) is Region 1 while PAL is considered Region 2. The difference is NTSC is, if not mistaken, 26 frames per second while the PAL is 29 1/2 frames per second. One can not play a Region 2 DVD on a primarily Region 1 (North American) player. The reading device wouldn't recognize it.
I think, again, if not mistaken, the first NTSC DVD version of "Alizée en concert" was in 2007 and was made in Mexico; this coming in the DVD+CD jewel case variety, if you have but a Region 1 DVD player. But upon recent investigation on ebay.com only one copy did I find and that was going for $ 99.99
Most North American stores that sell DVD players would be hard pressed to even know what is going on in Europe insofar as the music scene is concerned, yet alone about DVD players that cater to PAL. But there are cheap, Memorex for instance, DVD players that play multi-region (1 & 2) that go for about $ 20 to $ 30 range, but there are plenty of others as well. Check out the Internet for "Multi-Region DVD Players," and that would be a decent start.

I guess I can consider myself rather lucky in having three copies: the French original in the slipcase; the German International as well as the 2007 Mexican DVD+CD in the jewel case, which, as I recall, only cost me about
$ 20 to $ 25 at the time. This in case my PAL DVD player broke down. I think I'm on my third or fourth one now. The CD version came in a variety as well, I guess; one in a slipcase for that and one without; of which I've only seen one for sale and I just had to have that as well.

Last edited by WyomingGrizFan; 11-02-2011 at 08:39 PM..
Old 11-02-2011, 08:34 PM

mzracing76 is on a distinguished road

Thanks, that helps alot, so its not language. Sounds like I am on a mission to fin region 2 format player.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:10 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Quote:
Thanks, that helps alot, so its not language. Sounds like I am on a mission to fin region 2 format player.
You can play it in your X-box 360, if you have one. Also, almost all computer dvd drives will play it as well.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:35 AM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Quote:

MZ
The reason it plays on your cheaper DVD player is the company that made that in China doesn't care about "legalities". They reduce cost by making ONE type of DVD player that works around the world. That's a lot cheaper than the way Sony or Toshiba (big companies that could get sued) have to do it, by making multiple types of DVD players.

Just thought I'd clear up that technical point. I have a couple of the cheap ones myself for that reason. The other folks have answered your En Concert specific needs well enough.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdan View Post
If we are again on the "voice item", I must say that I just see a rebroadcast of Enfoires 2011 on TMC channel.
Do you remember this performance of the 4 singers around the piano ?

It's not an easy song and Alizee voice is perfectly in tunes.
She busts out performances like that every so often which are just perfect. It's too bad she doesn't get to do it more. There are a couple of songs on En Concert that she does so perfectly, it's hard to tell from the CD.

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)

Last edited by severianb; 11-03-2011 at 07:35 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 11-03-2011, 08:37 AM

Karin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyomingGrizFan View Post
Yes, there is a difference, at least worldwide on DVD Formats: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_region_code

Essentially, the "Alizeé en concert DVD" was published in 2004 in the PAL Format which is, as I understand it, the primary European Format; also the German as well, if not mistaken. The difference is, not in the language but in the frames per second. The North American Format (NTSC) is Region 1 while PAL is considered Region 2. The difference is NTSC is, if not mistaken, 26 frames per second while the PAL is 29 1/2 frames per second. One can not play a Region 2 DVD on a primarily Region 1 (North American) player. The reading device wouldn't recognize it.
I think, again, if not mistaken, the first NTSC DVD version of "Alizée en concert" was in 2007 and was made in Mexico; this coming in the DVD+CD jewel case variety, if you have but a Region 1 DVD player. But upon recent investigation on ebay.com only one copy did I find and that was going for $ 99.99
Most North American stores that sell DVD players would be hard pressed to even know what is going on in Europe insofar as the music scene is concerned, yet alone about DVD players that cater to PAL. But there are cheap, Memorex for instance, DVD players that play multi-region (1 & 2) that go for about $ 20 to $ 30 range, but there are plenty of others as well. Check out the Internet for "Multi-Region DVD Players," and that would be a decent start.

I guess I can consider myself rather lucky in having three copies: the French original in the slipcase; the German International as well as the 2007 Mexican DVD+CD in the jewel case, which, as I recall, only cost me about
$ 20 to $ 25 at the time. This in case my PAL DVD player broke down. I think I'm on my third or fourth one now. The CD version came in a variety as well, I guess; one in a slipcase for that and one without; of which I've only seen one for sale and I just had to have that as well.
yea... PAL is primary, but we can play NTSC too (i think)... like Psychedelices Mexico Edition, however its region 0 so...

Old 11-29-2011, 09:44 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJ View Post
Here's somewhat full discography for En Concert DVDs & CDs.

Even tho there is Taiwanese CD, there was never released DVD in Taiwan.

Few other countries, like Mexico, has released CD too, but it's exact copy of Internationl/German CD. It only has sticker saying something in Spanish glued on top of it (on the plastic wrap... so even that's gone when you open it. There might have been word or two in Spanish mentioning the Mexican department of Universal in the back cover).

All except the Mexican DVD+CD (which as you might guess from name includes DVD and CD...) are single disc released.

Just found out today that the french version was released as a Digipack (or carton/cardboard case) and I just found it in like-new condition....I shall buys!
Old 11-29-2011, 11:19 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

I guess I have the international/German edition. I always thought I had the French edition. Does anyone know the difference between the two?

I know the German and Mexican editions are different since I have both. They cut Alizee's speech after Hey, Amigo! and the audio is not 5.1 capable in the Mexican editon. I think they did that to reduce cost.

Tags
dvd, en concert, question