Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-27-2008, 07:42 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Christine Aguilera looked absolutely beautiful in Genie in a bottle then she reinvented herself right into oblivion. If
Alizée wants to change her looks and doesn't care wether the public likes it or not, then that's fine. I just think she enjoyed the level of popularity she had years ago and think she might like to get back to near that same level and if she does then she has a lot of work to do.
She has made it very clear in many interviews that she is not looking for the same level of fame. Of course she wants to be successful, but shes already been the international superstar. I'm just starting to find all this very annoying. And I'll be frank, its mostly because a bunch of guys are disappointed because she didn't come back showing her stomach, or wearing short skirts and doing sexy dances, bending over where you can see her underwear. She was a young girl then, pretty much playing dress up, having fun playing a part. She has come back very sophisticated, yet incredibly sexy, but all I hear is people crying about how she isn't sexy anymore; how its okay for her to still be sexy, blah blah blah. Shes had a child, geez get over it already. If you aren't happy with her, I suggest you stop listening to her and wishing she was who she used to be. Because, for now SHES NOT GOING TO CHANGE.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:19 PM
Woof !

Just a Guest is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
She has made it very clear in many interviews that she is not looking for the same level of fame. Of course she wants to be successful, but shes already been the international superstar. I'm just starting to find all this very annoying. And I'll be frank, its mostly because a bunch of guys are disappointed because she didn't come back showing her stomach, or wearing short skirts and doing sexy dances, bending over where you can see her underwear. She was a young girl then, pretty much playing dress up, having fun playing a part. She has come back very sophisticated, yet incredibly sexy, but all I hear is people crying about how she isn't sexy anymore; how its okay for her to still be sexy, blah blah blah. Shes had a child, geez get over it already. If you aren't happy with her, I suggest you stop listening to her and wishing she was who she used to be. Because, for now SHES NOT GOING TO CHANGE.
Touché !
Old 04-27-2008, 08:52 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Qoutoed from just a guest I'll be frank, its mostly because a bunch of guys are disappointed because she didn't come back showing her stomach, or wearing short skirts and doing sexy dances, bending over where you can see her underwear. "

I know there are numerous people who like her because she has worn such revealing outfits. But to assume most of the people in here have that attitude is incredibly stupid or maybe I'm totally nieve. She looked incredibly beautiful in all her earler videos. A Contre Courant on 2003-10-25 - Dans La Lumiere, where she wore a plaid skirt with striped pants. Her performance of Moi Lolita on 2003-03-08 on Tubes de Toujours where she wore a shirt and slacks with no belly or legs showing. Her singing Parler tout bas on stars a domicile in 2001, again with no belly or legs showing. She looked incredibly, increidbly beautiful in this video. I can't beleive you went in that direction

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 04-27-2008 at 08:56 PM..
Old 04-27-2008, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Guest View Post
Touché !
Sorry but this was deleted due to anger management

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 04-28-2008 at 10:04 AM..
Old 04-27-2008, 10:33 PM

Martin is on a distinguished road

So far she is giving me the impression that music and performing isnt her priority. She just doesnt seem to enjoy it as much as back in 2003-4. And thats funny because back then she was a puppet in MF and LB hands, or at least this is what we were lead to believe. What made me fall in love with her was that innocence, joy, mystery and sexiness that radiated form her. I also loved that direct impact she had. Simple, yet powerful just like her monocolored concert costumes. Pure, sexy, romantic, melancholic.. a solid and whole profile. Her whole energy was put in a single canal, multiplied and directed towards us in irresistable form. With psychedelices Alizee becomes more complex, sophisticated, less staight forward, but in the end she puts more effort with less result whereas she once had a great impact almost effortessly. She divided herself in many different pieces but this lack of focus just weakens her persona and confuses the audience. There is something blurry with her new image/album while with the previous ones I had a crystal clear artistic portrait of her. I still think she has done quite well but in her next work I would like to see more effort put in creating a solid and convincing persona and some more passion in the delivery. Passion..this is what I mostly miss from Mylene's influence, since in most of the performances/songs I've witnessed so far there is a slight absence of drive and liveleness.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:02 PM

lethalsilicong5 is on a distinguished road

aren't the dancers from the hung up video just there for all the generation performances in general? i still only look at her i liked her little heart top thing and i appreciate that she did change i get bored of the same things if done too much and because of the fact that she has changed her image we appreciate her past even more. she's growing up and wants to change her hairstyle...that's what girls do my friends are always changing their hairstyle, sorry if alizee isn't catering to you guys who like the fresh out of shower hairstyle, but now the guys who likes super curly hair are getting their turn, just know that she has done that style and it looked great on her and if u really don't like her new style u shud crop out her head and replace it with her old face in her new videos. i like how there are 3 general eras of alizee (one with each cd that she has made) and i'm excited to see what new songs or covers she will continue to roll out and more performances because those are always fun! her voice was crazy in generation duos
Old 04-28-2008, 12:39 AM

I think one of the main questions here is where does Alizee want to go with her career. If all she wants to do is perform in what ever manner that makes her happy and if it doesn't please her fan base or anyone else then c'est la vie, then I wish her all the happiness in the world. But I don't think that's what she wants. I think she'd like to get back to the popularity levels she had before. But if that's what she wants, her prospects are looking about as good as the the south end of a north bound hippopatumus
Old 04-28-2008, 01:05 AM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

I agree with Scruffydog777. I've been on a stage since I was four years old. Over the years I've taken different classes. I've had classes in management for the theatre. This is what I learned. 1.Hone your craft. 2. When you become a professional, get the most ruthless agent you can find. 3. Listen to your agent and do whatever job he/she sends you. Your agent knows what sells and what doesn't. If your agent tells you to dye your hair, you do it. 4. Once/if you make it big, then go back to honing your craft. So to sum up: 1. Invent it. 2. Package it. 3. Sell it. 4. Improve it.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:36 AM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

It is disheartening that these bash on Alizée threads are becoming more popular. I'd like to believe that these negative comments are meant out of concern or the want to help, but it is becoming clear that they are just out of selfishness. Some people want Alizée to be how they see fit, and if she isn't then they blame her.

You don't get to be a professional at something immediately, alot of experience and learning is needed along the way. Alizée is 23 and still early in HER career. And she won't make progress with her career or come close to being a professional in her industry if she is strictly a puppet performer or plays to the selfish desires of others.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:42 AM
euuuhhhhh

Fish is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelixSix View Post
You don't get to be a professional at something immediately, alot of experience and learning is needed along the way.
While she did hit the top immediately, she's far from experienced. She got there on the experience of Mylene. Now, she's being herself, and I wouldn't want it any other way. She'll do what she wants. If she decides that she wants to be more successful, then she may follow the course of action you seem to want, but I think she's happy doing this for her core fan base. She's already been as popular as she could possibly be, what else can she shoot for but to make her own choices?