Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 11:30 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Well I don't claim to know what Alizée would think about this, but she is likely so accustomed to being told how attractive she is that it has ceased to register much with her. However, I doubt she is offended by it as long as it doesn't become totally tasteless.
we have the same thoughts...
Old 09-09-2011, 10:05 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well I don't claim to know what Alizée would think about this, but she is likely so accustomed to being told how attractive she is that it has ceased to register much with her. However, I doubt she is offended by it as long as it doesn't become totally tasteless.
Ditto: Women love and crave this kind of attention. They want to know they are still attractive to guys even though they're getting older, married with children.

I have a couple of married women late thirties early forties that come into work and gush about the cute twenty something guys that hit on them at the gym. It really makes them feel good, that they're still attractive to men and especially the younger ones.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:26 AM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

No, women don't love and crave attention like that. A random compliment? Sure, but when you're constantly being complimented on your looks, it's really annoying. She's not just a pretty face. Women have talents and personalities (pretty sure you're aware of Alizee's) but when men constantly fawn over your looks, sometimes it makes you feel a little sad inside, because it seems that's all men see. Women are more creeped out by this behavior than you'd realize. Trust me.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
Ditto: Women love and crave this kind of attention. They want to know they are still attractive to guys even though they're getting older, married with children.

I have a couple of married women late thirties early forties that come into work and gush about the cute twenty something guys that hit on them at the gym. It really makes them feel good, that they're still attractive to men and especially the younger ones.
Quote:
A drunk guy gushing about his secret fantasies of being with Alizee is pretty tasteless.

Last edited by Euphoria; 09-09-2011 at 11:26 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 09-09-2011, 11:37 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
No, women don't love and crave attention like that. A random compliment? Sure, but when you're constantly being complimented on your looks, it's really annoying. She's not just a pretty face. Women have talents and personalities (pretty sure you're aware of Alizee's) but when men constantly fawn over your looks, sometimes it makes you feel a little sad inside, because it seems that's all men see. Women are more creeped out by this behavior than you'd realize. Trust me.
Now, this is much better. I wished you would have put it this way the first time around. We would have taken your argument more seriously, especially coming from a female like you. We understand that there's going to be disagreement here. But, to go negative without explaining anything and just calling the entire thread "crap" was just inviting trouble.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:01 PM

SlipshodDread is on a distinguished road

To be honest I think you're taking it far too seriously. Do you really think Alizée cares about the INDIVIDUAL opinions of people she doesn't even know? Or we can broaden this even further, do any celebrities care about what people they dont know think about them?

My point is, unless you actually know someone personally. You tend not to give a shit. How many people do you walk past in a day that could be forming an opinion of you, that you honestly don't think about or just don't generally give a shit.

With celebrities the same is true but they simply have more popularity. Popularity is inversely proportional to how much people care about individual opinions. That is, the more popular you are, the less you give a shit about what one person thinks of you.

Common sense is your ally.
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." Henry David Thoreau
Old 09-09-2011, 03:42 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
No, women don't love and crave attention like that. A random compliment? Sure, but when you're constantly being complimented on your looks, it's really annoying.
OK fair enough but this is an Alizée fan forum where we can share our thoughts with each other. This is just one thread but nonetheless there will always be posts/threads in regard to how beautiful she is.. but at the same time there will always be posts/threads dedicated to her carreer, her songs, her performances, her merchandise, her interviews. her concerts, her family, etc, etc, etc.

You do speak as if Alizée is actually reading all our posts though and you're just speculating that she would be annoyed or saddened by it. Sheesh to be frank I've seen total lack of respect from some people towards Alizée on these boards from time to time and I believe she would be more concerned about that.

Well besides sucking up too much of her time, hopefully she's either been too busy having fun with other things such as family and friends than to come here reading all our so called "crap" as you put it.

Quote:
She's not just a pretty face. Women have talents and personalities (pretty sure you're aware of Alizee's) but when men constantly fawn over your looks, sometimes it makes you feel a little sad inside, because it seems that's all men see. Women are more creeped out by this behavior than you'd realize. Trust me.
Yeah this might well be true for many woman. Well the reason why I still follow Alizée is because she is special to me. I discovered this beautiful angel back in November 2001 and since that fateful day I've been dedicated to her ever since.

Seriously if I was shallow enough to only be interested in Alizée because of her looks I would've lost interest in her many years ago! EVERYTHING about her captured my heart and I'm sure many others here feel the same too.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 09-09-2011, 03:55 PM

Alizee posted about your donation on her facebook. Would you really want new people coming on here and seeing threads like this? Honestly, it's embarrassing.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:12 PM

SaintÀlizee is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Edit:

A drunk guy gushing about his secret fantasies of being with Alizee is pretty tasteless.
This explains why you're the way you are. I know plenty of girls who love to be complimented, and if they didn't, they wouldn't make such an effort to look their best. Also, she's known throughout the world, thus, making her attractive to millions. She isn't known world wide for her personality. Nothing he said was tasteless, and to me, all you contribute to this forum is hate, and I'm not so sure many people like you here. I know I don't. Your profile pic could be the epitome of hypocrisy in regards to what I just quoted. It seems to me, with the posture and everything, on a forum such as this where a woman is very much complimented for her looks, that you're craving a little attention yourself, aren't you?

I don't like you, with your absurd generalizations. If you don't want to be seen as only a pretty face, make an effort not to be such a bitch. That goes for any girl. I don't like your personality.

Oh, did I go too far? Sorry.

Also, one more thing! You're making a mountain out of a mole hill. Yes, I'm sure many women would hate to be looked as only a pretty face, but that's the thing, Alizee is an image in our heads. We don't know her in reality. NONE OF US DO. We don't know her PERSONALLY, so all we have is the admiration of her looks. I'd love to talk about Alizee's personality, if I knew it. And no, interviews and song lyrics are not enough to draw any conclusion of what she is like in real life.

Last edited by SaintÀlizee; 09-09-2011 at 04:24 PM..
Old 09-09-2011, 04:30 PM

If you think there's nothing wrong with this thread, I don't know what to tell you. It's creepy, end of story. The only women that like to be constantly complimented and fawned over have no confidence or self-esteem, that's why they always need to be reassured. Please stop posting stuff like this, it makes you guys seem like total creeps. The last thing this forum needs is ANOTHER "omg shes soooooo hawt" thread.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:39 PM

SaintÀlizee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
If you think there's nothing wrong with this thread, I don't know what to tell you. It's creepy, end of story. The only women that like to be constantly complimented and fawned over have no confidence or self-esteem, that's why they always need to be reassured. Please stop posting stuff like this, it makes you guys seem like total creeps. The last thing this forum needs is ANOTHER "omg shes soooooo hawt" thread.
OMG!!! SHE'S SO HOT! LOL! Creeps? Really? Yeah, I'm peeping through Alizee's window as this post is being written. I don't know what to tell you, either. Take a few xanax.

This forum needs more of EVERYTHING, because Alizee is AWESOME!