Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Translations

Old 09-21-2009, 10:49 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
tsk, tsk, tsk. When will he ever learn? Sorry Wasabi. That's a pretty... interesting class you're taking
i hate it!! i'm an animal sciences major to become a veterinarian, not a freaking butcher! but supposedly, a veterinarian is also to know how to grade meat and whether or not their healthy enough to be consumed... but doesn't make it any easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criss_pl View Post
So you should rather like that (if choping and cutting animals could be liked), if you chose animal sciences, unless you HAD to choose it (forgive my ignorance, I don't know American educational system at all)
And look for all songs and performances d'Alizée. Come back when you learn lyrics to Ma priere(if you haven't seen it, don't even confess that here

no i do not like it! but i had to take it cuz it was the only one that fit into my schedule.. mainly cuz i have french 4 days a week and a ROTC lab with a animal biology lab.

and yes! i shall look up d'Alizee! more stuff for me to stuff my Alizee craze with

Last edited by wasabi622; 09-21-2009 at 10:50 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-08-2010, 12:28 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile The neologism "psychédélices" and visual symbols

The lengthy, illustrated essay cited below really is a postscript to the unexpected whimsical direction which my investigation of Alizée's surname origins took in the lengthy post, <a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=150366&postcount=10"><i>Jacotey/Jacotet genealogy</i></a>. Indeed, it is linked from the revised version of that post through a new paragraph I repeat here, immediately below:<blockquote>The dress worn by Alizée in a composite publicity photo for her <i>Psychédélices</i> album features symbols which embrace the central theme of <i>The DaVinci Code</i>. That and related Alizée symbolism are examined at great length in an essay titled <a href="http://bellsouthpwp.net/d/o/docdtv/Alizee/SexSymbolism/"><i>Sex symbolism, biomimetic and not: The secret "shame" of Tinkerbell</i></a></blockquote>I explored which of the many extant threads discussing <i>Psychédélices</i> might prove the best in which to cite this new essay, and I chose this one, because it was <b>not</b> about a tour, while also accumulating many posts and many reads.

In scanning the posts in this thread, I did not notice the observation about the neolgism "psychédélices" which I make, so if nothing else, I hope that will interest its subscribers. I was also encouraged to undertake writing the new essay because of the recent advent of both the Olympics and Valentine's Day, on both of which it also touches. The essay is only concerned with <b>visual</b> symbols, not lyrics or sounds, but as pepelepew has argued elsewhere, the <a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=155008&postcount=67">visual aspect</a> of popular "music" has been dominant since the rise of MTV in the 1980s, albeit that seems to be something he regrets.

II notice that contrary to the original custom it followed, to this day <i>Alizee Reflections</i> does not offer a third, interpretative rendering of the song on its <a href="http://alizee-reflections.net/psychedelices.html">respective page</a> for it. I will leave it to subsequent posts here to examine if anything in my new essay adds to an understanding of the song's lyrics.

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 05-08-2010 at 05:01 PM.. Reason: mend typo
Old 05-08-2010, 01:34 PM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

Psychedelicious is epic.