Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-09-2010, 06:25 AM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY View Post
I don't know if she directly chooses the songs, but the choice must be influenced by her. She wouldn't let songs she doesn't like be played, that is just not logical.
Yes, the choice must be influenced by her, but still we can't reach any conclusions from the playlist. We can catalog the songs that are played, but we shouldn't make much assumptions from that.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:05 AM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

I never assumed assumptions should be made about her based on her song choice. I am only interested in this thread because I can't actually listen to her radio station, so I never know what is playing. I just want to see what music it plays, mainly for posterity.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:07 AM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY View Post
I never assumed assumptions should be made about her based on her song choice. I am only interested in this thread because I can't actually listen to her radio station, so I never know what is playing. I just want to see what music it plays, mainly for posterity.
In that case it would be really interesting to notice the types of the songs that are being played on the radio.
Old 05-09-2010, 11:10 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

I know that she listens to a variety of music, but 3 Jay-Z songs seems inconsistant with the rest of this list (one would not).

I wonder if her management has "thrown" a few of it's own choices in.
Old 05-09-2010, 11:30 AM
J'ai pas vingt ans

Jurre is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
I wonder if her management has "thrown" a few of it's own choices in.
Of course they have.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:08 PM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurre View Post
Of course they have.
Then let us see what her management thinks for her.
Old 05-09-2010, 03:35 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

I'm going to be listening to the site and be writing down the songs played as they come on. Suggestion made by Merci. I have a feeling there is an easier way to do that however, maybe the list is actually posted somewhere here or the site
Old 05-09-2010, 04:14 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile The buck stops at Alizée

First, for your enjoyment, note that I've added my AlizeeRadio.com bumper sticker and a video of Alizée recording segway for the radio station to the post at the head of this thread.

I have not investigated Goom Radio, but as far as I understand, ANYONE can create their own radio station there. That includes you. I don't know how many hundreds or even thousands of virtual stations may live there now. What business model they hope to support in the long run is also unknown to me, as I don't have time to poke around their Web site or see what people are writing about them. Maybe you do.

One can argue there might be a huge distinction between the real personality of a public figure and the consistent persona they adopt as their public image. (I'd hate to think Andrew "Dice" Clay is like that in real life!!!) But don't doubt that the playlist of this radio station is a WILLFUL AND IMPORTANT representation of the public image which Alizée HERSELF wishes to present - at least for now. I have never heard more nonsense than the assertion that the playlist is somehow "hijacked" by scheming subordinates or partners. It's not as if it is hiding under a rug or something. Of course, maybe Lili is a Stepfoid Wives robot?

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 05-09-2010 at 10:03 PM.. Reason: mend typo
Old 05-09-2010, 06:22 PM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdtv View Post
Of ourse, maybe Lili is a Stepfoid Wives robot?
If so, I want one. Multi-Lizèes. Mmmm...
Old 05-09-2010, 06:44 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

I swear I heard in one of her earlier interviews, like funtv, or lollytops, or somthing around MCÉ, where she mentioned Jay-z. I KNOW she said she likes Eminem, has his music been played there? What about Gwen Stefani? Vanessa Paradis? If it plays the artists she has said she likes, it may be she does choose the songs. I imagine she does anyways. Maybe she really does like Jay-z. She said in her Psych era interviews she was not big into hip-hop, but that doesn't mean she doesn't like it at all. I am also not big into hip-hop, but I do like Jay-z too. And maybe a bit of T.I. In my younger days, I liked 50 cent. Back when he was brand new. But on an average day, I hear no hip-hop but Décollage!

Tags
catalog, goom, playlist, radio, wikipedia