Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 11-30-2023, 04:23 PM

Marshal Davout is on a distinguished road
Default Kind of a Rocker Disc Jockey Songs

I'm Kind of a Rocker; so these would be songs that I like That you might like also. More than a feeling by Boston ! This guys voice gives the synths or the Guitars a run for their money ! Not to spoil it; but the UFOs on the cover are upside down Guitars !
Old 11-30-2023, 04:36 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

I guess I an going to give away my age, but I was 16 when this album came out. It was such a huge hit and everybody, I mean EVERYBODY, had this album, at least in my age group. Growing up in the Midwest, rock music was king and the list of debut albums by epic rock bands in the 70's was very long. An album was $5 and I had a really good paying job so I bought as many albums as I could afford in those days.
Old 11-30-2023, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
I guess I an going to give away my age, but I was 16 when this album came out. It was such a huge hit and everybody, I mean EVERYBODY, had this album, at least in my age group. Growing up in the Midwest, rock music was king and the list of debut albums by epic rock bands in the 70's was very long. An album was $5 and I had a really good paying job so I bought as many albums as I could afford in those days.
You and I might be somewhat similar; as I grew up in the midwest, also. But I was kinds out of it in those days growing up in country-bumpkin High school; and I didn't discover this song till much later. We were somewhat poor; so I didn't have a record player. I spent my time playing Chess or other Games as I was a Gamer ! I catch up on all the songs I missed now with you tube ! Ha ! Which is how I discovered Alizee and fell completely in love with her !

Edit:

Take it on the run Song and; being somewhat of a writer; I make up the story for it.
"Sometimes a Girl gets mixed up with the wrong kind of a Guy.
Then the Police Come.
And the Shooting Starts !
unfortunately the Girl gets Caught in the Cross Fire !
It would be a Great Song for a movie; if I ever write It !"

Last edited by Marshal Davout; 11-30-2023 at 10:30 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 12-02-2023, 12:05 PM

Default A song about Taylor Swift or Alizee

A song About Taylor Swift and/or Alizee ( in a kind of twist of time )
"The Curtains are Closed; the Cats in the Cradle" is sort of about Taylor's kind of Cute lop-eared Cat ! Her Cat in which the ear's do not stand up !
Old 12-03-2023, 01:09 PM

Default It was a Crazy Time And People were Going Crazy

It was a Crazy Time and People were going Crazy; and All the Band's songs Reflected this !
In Search of the Lost Chord; The Moody Blues in "Ride My Seesaw" !

Not so Crazy; but kinda Nice !
George Harrison What is Life set to Ballet ! the Girl and the Boy are members of the San Francisco Ballet Troupe !

Last edited by Marshal Davout; 12-03-2023 at 01:29 PM.. Reason: to change versions of the song; because the first one wasn't it !
Old 12-04-2023, 07:13 PM

Default I want to Play Guitsr like this Guy !

Dire Straits Sultans of Swing ! They wer always Broke haveing to borrow money for Dinner, before they got a Hit and had no name for the Band. So A Manager said why donlt you just call yourselves Dire Straits ?

Being somewhat of a writer I change the words way Down South in London town to way down south in New Orleans Town ! where you would hear a band playing dixie with trumpets !

There is a Verse missing in this version ! The part about the guys in the corner who don't really like the bad;
They don't give a <blank> about any Trumpet playing band;
because, for them, that isn't rock and roll !

Old Time Holiday Road from the movie Vacation with Christy Brinkley as the Blond in the sports car ! And Chevy Chase chasing her !

I've been on Holiday Road; driving across the United States ! Stopped on an Interstate under a light to trade off drivers, when a wolf or wolf dog attacked the car, so we had to take off and not change drivers until a restaurant ! Another time I was snowed in on the Pennsylvania turnpike for two days after a Blizzard; because it took them that long to plow the turnpike. The last food to sell out in the Howard Johnson's was Pistachio Ice Cream Cones ! They were sold out of everything else after two days ! Ha ! so I got quadruple Dip Cones for everybody !
Coming back east on old route 40 through Wheeling west Virginia. My mother told my older sister; who only had a learner's permit from Illinois, not to speed as she only had $50 and the police will throw us all in jail ! But my sister, who was a teenage rebel, came down the mountain, crossed the bridge into wheeling and went 50 miles an hour through the town ! It took the police a while to get in gear to chase her; but they did. we passed an 18 wheeler truck and another truck pulled out to pass him; so they blocked the police from catching us with their lights on ! we got way ahead so then we pulled in a restaurant and parked in the back and then went in and ate lunch. The police missed us ! Ha !

Last edited by Marshal Davout; 12-04-2023 at 07:47 PM.. Reason: More info
Old 12-06-2023, 12:51 AM

Default The Rolling Stones Masterpiece !

Yes the Rolling Stones Wrote a Masterpiece ! And didn't the Queen Knight them ! I; like many others, simply like the Tune and I liked to hear it. But actually it is Quite Philosophical ! If you listen to the actual words and analyze them it is Instructions for your Life ! So I will Analyze it for you; if you allow me !
Mick Jagger, The Maesto conducts it for you !

1. Yesterday Don't matter if it's gone ! ( You Can't change the Past, so resolve to do better in the Future )
2. When you change with every new day, still I'm going to Miss You ! ( You will need to re-invent Yourself every day with New Skills )
3. Don't Question Why She needs to be so Free, she'll tell you that's the only way to be ! ( Any government only exists to further the freedom of the individual to improve things for themselves or others )
4. You need to Free yourself up from the Drudge of Life; so that you can make gains and not Lose anything !
5. There's No Time to Lose, I heard her say ! In Life you don't have any time to waste ! "I sometimes Lose a battle; But I never Lose a Minute !" - Napoleon
6. Catch Your Dreams Before They Slip Away ! Go after what you want in life immediately to get it !
7. Dying all the Time ( As Humans do ) You will never have a better time to achieve your Dreams than right now !
8. Lose your Dreams and You Might Lose Your Mind ! A Life Unkind ! ( Get Started on Your Dreams right away so you do not Lose them ! )
9. Catch Your Dreams Before they Slip Away ( Go after your Dreams right away )

Sorry If I have miss-interpreted something somewhere or heard it wrong !

And if you are Back-Packing through India,Nepal, or Tibet you may be heading for Shambala !
( You have to have a lot of Wind to be a back-up singer for Shambala ! )

Last edited by Marshal Davout; 12-06-2023 at 01:33 AM.. Reason: More Info
Old 12-07-2023, 09:30 PM

Default Kinda a Little Darker

Kind'ove a Little Darker ! The Family Band had a lot going for it; but reportedly the father was a little crazy so he used to slug the boys around if they didn't do what he said. and then later he tried to "Date" his own daughter, so she had to run away from him. It's the Cowsells and their hit "Indian Lake" which is in Ohio. At the time, Susan was only Nine, so she was the youngest kid in a Band that had a Number 2 Hit ! ( Before Micheal Jackson )

And Blue Oyster Cult Don't Fear the Reaper.
I like the Guitar and Sound; but I never advocate their words ! One girl Disc Jockey refused to play the song calling them satanists ! But finally the station told her we owe them 30 plays; so you have to play it ! So she put it on a loop for 30 plays and went to the mall, so she didn't have to hear it ! People called the station and asked if they had been "Taken over"; because you keep playing the same song ! Ha !

Last edited by Marshal Davout; 12-07-2023 at 09:57 PM..
Old 12-08-2023, 09:48 PM

Default Say you knew Alizee before she got married and...

Say you knew Alizee before she got married and you were kinda boyfirend and girlfriend but nothing serious yet; You might remember her fondly and wonder if she remembered you too, somtime.....

You both might have been Poor; But it didn't matter.....

Last edited by Marshal Davout; 12-08-2023 at 10:01 PM..
Old 12-20-2023, 10:55 PM

Default Los Bravos !

Kind of an oldie; but the video is pretty good for old time !

The Keyboardist seems like a Mr. Spock from Star Trek ! Ha !

And Los Bravos Updated ! Some of them are still Kicking !

Last edited by Marshal Davout; 12-20-2023 at 11:01 PM..