Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-01-2008, 09:47 AM
star traveller

-MihaiL- is on a distinguished road

Alizee needs original, intelligent people around her, not the mediocrity Jeremy as her career lead and influence in my opinion. I've never had sexual attachement to Alizee, however more than that, a more subtle yet deeper feeling, she was radiating much more than sex appeal, more powerful. She's like a white dove in the sky, not so much today maybe, but the future brings changes and I'm most predisposed to them. The sad moment will be if Alizee gets forgotten after this album and she never comes back. Like I said she needs real gentlemen of art beside her to open her up again. She can still blossom, but not with music she maintains now.

And you've got to know in my part of the world most male fans deslike Jeremy seriously for what he has done to Alizee in her career. Clearly what she was it's vanished. I'm not talking about Moi Lolita image, I'm talking about Alizee's enthusiasm. I fail to believe(even if I try hard)she really likes the music herself, deep inside. What influence she got uner lately and what she forces herself to believe is another matter, I only see she doesn't look very happy today, as opposed to what she looked like in J'en ai Marre period and earlier.
The earlier music is just plain better, it was more of music. You could dance under it beautifully, Alizee was genius at dancing softly, but with this... there's just no fluent musicality, melodious impact to it. Alizee will not need a choreograph here ever.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:45 AM

Carl4948 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Right on.

I agree you and I don't think she will be back. You have to be happy to work and her possible success would I'm sure would be a threat to Jeremy. Carl
Old 03-01-2008, 03:41 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by -MihaiL- View Post
...she was genuine.
Not that I really want you to answer (I'm being more rhetorical than anything), but are you suggesting that Alizée isn't genuine any more?
Old 03-01-2008, 03:55 PM
star traveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHollister View Post
Not that I really want you to answer (I'm being more rhetorical than anything), but are you suggesting that Alizée isn't genuine any more?
not really and I don't mean to scare anyone, to me she is half-genuine, half-constrained. She needs to open up, something very creative must happen to her, like in the old days, she must work on her talents!
Old 03-01-2008, 05:54 PM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

I'd like to see her join forces with Ferry Corsten somehow. Now that is an album I would spend $$$$$ on. Plus I know she couldn't resist dancing and flowing with the awesome beats he conjures up.
Old 03-01-2008, 06:22 PM
Je suis l'Ouragan :O

Yaceman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well, I really don't know what to say about desiring her, because I am a female myself. I have always found Alizée beautiful and sexy. Before, she looked like a teenager...she was supposed to because she was one. Now she is a wife and mother, but she is still very sexy.I don't see too many young mothers wearing mini skirts or jumpsuits and thigh high boots.

I made the comment about it being creepy because well....if you have seen some of the posts I have, you would agree.

I love Alizée's new look. I think she is stunning. I also like her new music, but I really really miss her old music. After a while her new album gets kind of monotonous. Yet I can listen to her previous albums on repeat and never get tired of listening to them. I definitely commend her for trying her own thing, you have to start somewhere. And I think she did pretty well for her first "solo" album, if you want to call it that.

Personally, I think she was just gone too long. And coming back with a completely new look and music style is probably a shock for most people. But, after a while I think they have and will continue to warm up to the "new Alizée" I just fear that after her next tour she will disappear for another 4 years and will have to start all over. But, no matter what, I love Alizée and I will always support her.

By the way I, perhaps, should hurry and explain why I compared Alize to a white dove in the sky, so that you don't missunderstand me. For me the white dove is the symbol of beauty, innocence and freedom. When I imagine a white dove in the sky I get my psychological borders erased and I dive into a whole another dimension, from this world of egocentrism into higher intelligence. Alizee is the person that used to set me free from barriers and she was the only singer that managed to do this with me, she's my white dove in the skies. And unwillingly I see she was more happy back then, she was a opened flower, blossoming and radiating energy freely, unintentionally. That's why everyone easely found themselves in love, she was genuine.
For once i agree with you Mihail Didnt Rocket first bring up the fact that shes a Milf?

Bibically, the dove represents purity and hope btw. but beauty innocence and freedom come from it too. Good point there.

I didnt know you were female, from you're posts i always thought you were a dude. nice to know thought
Old 03-01-2008, 06:24 PM
Je suis l'Ouragan :O

Yaceman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
not really and I don't mean to scare anyone, to me she is half-genuine, half-constrained. She needs to open up, something very creative must happen to her, like in the old days, she must work on her talents!
And now im back to disagreeing with you again
Old 03-01-2008, 07:00 PM
star traveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaceman View Post
For once i agree with you Mihail Didnt Rocket first bring up the fact that shes a Milf?

Bibically, the dove represents purity and hope btw. but beauty innocence and freedom come from it too. Good point there.

I didnt know you were female, from you're posts i always thought you were a dude. nice to know thought
haha this is supposed to be funny.
from that post only the dove part is of mine, I used the dove to show you that Alizee gives me mental freedom and initially that message was placed after my first post on the 8'th page. CFHollister played around a bit as you can see.
But it's great indeed, Euphoria's post is very insightful, I agree with her too. Alizee is stunning as a girl, but not so much as a comeback singer, that's my opinion.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:02 PM

Hylas1896 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaceman View Post
Using Alizée and that acronym in the same sentence is just ... wrong. I'm sure she appreciates adoration. But not that kind, because it ain't adoration. Whatever happened to 'entrancingly intoxicating,' and other delirious stuff like that?

Hylas1896
Old 03-02-2008, 12:11 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Rocket wasn't serious. (For one thing, I don't believe she's into girls. Except for Amelie, of course.) And besides, a MILF is supposed to be the mother of a teenage boy's teenage friend, and so at least 35 years old.

Anyway, w/r/t Alizée's comeback, my feeling at this point is that there seems to be a body of her old fans who are disappointed, although by no means all of them, and that's just the way it is. If she's going to succeed, she needs to find a new audience.

It's pointless to hope for anything that will give you the same feel you had when you first heard ML in 2001. Not only is this music different from what Mylène and Laurent put did for her, and not only is Alizée older now, but so are you. And all those things -- that musical team, Alizée's youth, and yours -- contributed to the feelings she gave you. The judgment that the music itself in Psychédélices is inferior to the music in the first two albums is not universally agreed with; I certainly don't agree with it -- I like the third album best of the three. But I can imagine if I had been a fan back in 2001 or even 2003, and was looking for something to move me in exactly the same way as I had felt then, I would be disappointed now.

But I also believe that disappointment was inevitable, no matter what else happened. Even if she had continued with M&L after her break, the effect would not be the same.

Mihail, I thought you were male, too -- I think it's because your handle here is a masculine name.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716