Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-19-2007, 12:03 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapok View Post
Oy vey... You guys are infectious....
That too!
Believe me, I have a long list of women that I have taken an interest in (mostly actresses) and have spent many an hour downloading. However, since Alizée when I'm at home and have some spare time (even when I don't, doh!) all I want to do is surf this forum, download Alizée stuff and work on learning her/Mylène's songs.

Merci Fanny
Old 03-19-2007, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurvonic View Post
same here. everybody has a similar story: discover Alizee - be dazzled and amazed by the beautiful woman on their screens - keep watching the video over and over again - google her - watch more and more videos of her - read her bio on Wiki - the obsession grows and grows - visit fansites to learn even more about her - lurk on the forums for a couple weeks before finally registering and telling everybody about their obsession and love for Alizee.
happens to everybody well...most everybody.
Woah, that is pretty darn trippy how that's almost exactly my story. Scientists should study this sort of thing, seriously. I think it is in the best interest of humanity to figure out what is going on here in our souls!
Ok, I'd just have to emphasize the downloading part in my experience. I got as far as gathering a few gigs of Alizée goodness and sharing that with bittorrent (Azureus baby!). Then I got distracted from that by forums like this one (I'm now exclusive to here because I do have some friends, a job, a physical body necessitating food and sleep, etc.). Still 11 of the 12 torrents that I am currently uploading are Alizée and since I usually remember to start my client I have uploaded quit a bit to those hungry Alizites on the net. I have personally uploaded about 23GB of Alizée. People really like that Moi...Lolita still. I have uploaded that way more than anything else, almost 61 times (45MB .mpg file).

Merci Fanny
Old 03-20-2007, 11:49 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Any of you believe in telepathy?
Old 03-24-2007, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Any of you believe in telepathy?
Well, if there was such a thing, I think Alizée would have to have returned to performing by now. How much time do we all spend wishing her to do so? Well, I wish her well in any case.

Merci Fanny
Old 03-24-2007, 10:42 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Well, if there was such a thing, I think Alizée would have to have returned to performing by now. How much time do we all spend wishing her to do so?
Reverse the direction of the current, please.
Old 03-25-2007, 11:28 AM
Banned

RMJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Reverse the direction of the current, please.
Video about reversed current !
Old 03-25-2007, 11:55 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Correct! There's more in the lyrics of that song than might appear at first. It's one reason, along with the music, which I love, why it's my favorite of her songs.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faztradamus View Post
Her being a non-American definately is a plus for me. Not that there is anything wrongwith our women here, but I just find European women to be much more attactive and sophisticated. Ever notice how many models are European or South American born?
I don't know. I don't have much of a basis for judging Europeans (not that I think there's much point in trying to pidgeonhole such a large and diverse group), but what the hell! French people don't have a great reputation for friendliness, rather for cynicism. Hey, look how Jean-Pierre Jeunet got treated when trying to enter "Amélie" into the Cannes film festival. Ok, so I take one example that I know of and the guy who rejected that film got blasted by the French for it anyway, but still... The point that I'm trying to get at is that I think it's just her.

Merci Fanny
Old 03-28-2007, 12:05 AM

To elaborate on my previous point that I do think her being French made a difference, not understanding the words helps sometimes in that I can just pay attention to the sounds. In at least a few of her songs I have noticed that I like certain words that she says just for the sound of it, not having any idea what the word means.
For example, I used to really like when she says "râlent" in JEAM (from J'en ai marre de ceux qui râlent.). There's just something appealing and sexy in the way she says the word. I'm getting used to it and not noticing so much. Probably to a French person it's just a word and they don't pay that much attention because there's nothing novel about the word for them.
I also like the beginning of Mon Maquis partially because the music is cool, but also just because I like the way Ali (sorry, just much easier to type) says the words. Probably everyone likes her voice, but I think a non-French speaking person might pick up on certain things more. Of course, I only really noticed this kind of stuff after a while, not right at first.

Merci Fanny
Old 03-28-2007, 12:10 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Well, I don't know, Roman. I found not understanding the words to leave my appreciation incomplete. Once I understand what she's singing, it's much better, and when I get to the point where I'm no longer translating in my head, but sort of singing along in French and thinking the meaning in that language, it deepens how good it is.