Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 05-18-2020, 05:21 PM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
This is another important aspect of why Alizée seems perfect to some people. We only see a part of her personality, which is the public one, so it isn't properly natural. We can't see all the little flaws that make her really unique and truly perfect only for Grégoire. This part of her is unknown to us and so we tend to replace it with the idea of her that each of us has in their head.
To Greg, Alizee is his best friend and business partner. Its very different than the way we see her.
Old 05-18-2020, 06:05 PM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
To Greg, Alizee is his best friend and business partner. Its very different than the way we see her.
Yes, it's very different.
I meant that two lovers are like two pieces of a puzzle that must correspond. Every person has their own virtues and vices, which "shape" the borders of these puzzle pieces. And there is only one piece that fit the other. It's like cutting in half an apple, if you prefer: only the two halves of the same apple correspond.

What I was trying to explain is that, since we don't know Alizée, it's as though we "cut" the borders of Alizée's puzzle piece in order to make it correspond to ours.
But only Grégoire perfectly matches Alizée.
That's why I said that Alizée seems perfect to some people but she is "truly perfect only for Grégoire".
Old 05-19-2020, 11:04 PM
Neutral Good

RedRafe is on a distinguished road

This is one of these “convos” that really needs to be discussed over a couple of beers, or a bottle of wine, or something, but, will just try my best...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Complex question.

Alizee has changed my life. She's brought so much happiness, so much joy into my life when before I found out about her, there was so much depression.
I have to say “yeah”, to this one, also. When life was at it’s very darkest, when my divorce had just “come through”, and life had basically just “faceplanted itself in the toilet” , when it was just literally “Me, vs the World”, this little “Corsican Girl” “popped up”, out of literally nowhere, and “worked her magic”. In her own way, she kind of let me know that there was still “light” and “hope”, somewhere out there…

Quote:
As much as I'd love to have been the same age as her and have had an opportunity to date her, that's something I don't dote on.
This might sound “odd”, but “dating” Alizée was never a thing I thought about, or considered, really…

Let me explain…

When I first encountered her, at the very start of her career, to me, she was literally, still a child, albeit, a very “beautiful”, very “sensual” one. A very young artiste “playing a very adult role”, very very well…

I had just been through a very traumatic divorce, that had literally cost me everything that I owned, bar the stuff that I could physically carry away, myself. It was my own choice. Freedom can sometimes be very very expensive…

I was in a very very “dark” place, spiritually, emotionally, and psychologically, and to make matters worse, due to my employment, I had to act as if there was nothing at all "wrong". I put a smile on my face, "picked myself up", and “got on with it”, I was a fairly high ranking Army officer, the world had "expectations" of me, and there were too many people relying on me, when all I really wanted to do was simply “fold up”, and “sleep”…

If you’ve every “been there”, you will know what I mean, this was not good, at all…

And there she was, this tiny, petite Corsican girl, with the voice of an Angel, a very small, very spiritual, very bright light, in a very dark place, at exactly the right time…

She, and her music, helped me to “hold the line”, at a time, when I needed it the most…

Thus, she will always be very special, to me, and, no matter what transpires, I will always adore her, but probably in a kind of, emm, “chaste”, kind of way, for, the thing is, I was, and still am, of course, probably old enough to be her Father, so to me, having any kind of “thoughts” about her, at that “point” in her career, really wasn’t appropriate…

She kind of got “tagged” as being “too young” and “off limits”…

The angelic little “Corsican Girl”, thus kind of became “sacrosanct”, “untouchable”, and kind of stayed that way…

Time passed, we both grew older, that “angel”, and I, eventually, I “healed”. Well, “healed”, enough, to decide “that was it”, no more women, I'd live as a "Warrior monk", abstaining from “earthly pleasures”, living a “virtuous” life. Not that I had much choice, really, I was a soldier, stuck out in the “middle of nowhere”.

I really didn’t want to have anything more to do with “women”, “dating”, “relationships”, “marriage”, anything of that ilk…

I really should have known better, however, than to make statements like that, for, within the week, “karma”, either “threw me a bone”, or “kicked me neatly in the kiwis”, i’m still not sure quite which, but my “true spiritual other half”, entered my life, so, for four wonderful years, I’m not afraid to admit, Alizée had to “play second fiddle”, to someone else, as was appropriate…

A beautiful woman “in your arms”, is worth an infinite number of them, “in your head”…

“Reality”, trumps “fantasy”, as it should, or so it should…

Time passed, Alizée found love, and “remarried”, which just reinforced the “sacrosanct”, “untouchable”, and even more “off limits”, thing…

Basically, to me, she is a “young”, “talented”, “stunningly beautiful” woman, that “belongs” to someone else, “heart”, and “soul”, and it just does not feel… appropriate, for me, to me, to be, I don’t know, thinking anything “untoward” about her, if you know what I mean…

She’s really not mine to “drool over”, or “lust after”, if you know what I mean, but make no mistake, I fully appreciate the “sensuality”, and “sexuality” of this little lady. To me, she is literally “poetry in motion”…

But just, not, “mine”, and never, ever, could or will be…

"Sacrosanct", she most definitely is…

< Unless I get a “signed”, “notarized” memo from “herself”, in “triplicate”, stating that, “RedRafe, loyal subject, please "re-tag" me, it really is very appropriate, now, for you to appropriately "drool" in worship >

Also, to me, she really is, despite the "music", the "videos", and "interviews", and all that kind of stuff, a "total stranger", even to someone as “perceptive” and “empathic” as myself. I can make very educated guesses, about her “personality”, and “how she is”, but that is what they are, only “guesses. I really don’t know…

So, in the end, to me, she feels more like a “favourite daughter”, or a “niece”, or a “younger friend”, or something like that…

Does that make any sense!?

Last edited by RedRafe; 05-20-2020 at 08:34 AM..
Old 05-20-2020, 07:35 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRafe View Post
Thus, she will always be very special, to me, and, no matter what transpires, I will always adore her, but probably in a kind of, emm, “chaste”, kind of way, for, the thing is, I was, and still am, of course, probably old enough to be her Father, so to me, having any kind of “thoughts” about her, at that “point” in her career, really wasn’t appropriate…
Same.

I didn't let my mind "go there" even though she was the most incredible thing I had ever seen. I am 23 years older than Alizee. Back when she was 18, 19 I was in my early 40's and the age difference was profound and socially unacceptable. Why can't I just enjoy her without allowing myself to get drawn into fantasies? And that is what I did, and I like it better.

Now that Alizee is 35, being 23 years older is not that big of a deal anymore. If I was some rich and famous guy with a yacht, nobody would blink if I had a 35 year old girlfriend.

But, if we change the numbers and the opportunity and I was 20 years younger and living in the same proximity as Alizee back in the day... and she was available...I would be a fool to not at least take a shot at her.
Old 05-20-2020, 08:10 AM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I am 23 years older than Alizee. Back when she was 18, 19 I was in my early 40's and the age difference was profound and socially unacceptable.
Similar problem with myself, though the other way around as I'm 18 years younger than Alizee, nearly young enough to be one of her kids in fact.
Guess it's a testament to her mass appeal spanning multiple generations.
Quote:
But, if we change the numbers and the opportunity and I was 20 years younger and living in the same proximity as Alizee back in the day... and she was available...I would be a fool to not at least take a shot at her.
Maybe if I lived in Corsica I could take a shot at Annily but then I probably wouldn't have my priorities straight if I'm hitting up a girl by virtue of being obsessed with her mother . That would be nuts
Old 05-20-2020, 10:33 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
Similar problem with myself, though the other way around as I'm 18 years younger than Alizee, nearly young enough to be one of her kids in fact.
Guess it's a testament to her mass appeal spanning multiple generations.
Yes, her mass appeal is amazing. Just in this forum, the ages of the members span about 60 years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
Maybe if I lived in Corsica I could take a shot at Annily but then I probably wouldn't have my priorities straight if I'm hitting up a girl by virtue of being obsessed with her mother . That would be nuts

Now that would be a little awkward.

If Annily is anything like her mother personality-wise (and I think she is), we already know she will be beautiful and probably university-bound. She will be a heck of a catch for some lucky guy... one day. Alizee didn't let her get on social media until she was 12, so she keeps close tabs on her.

But you are right there in her age range, but half the globe away. Maybe for a graduation gift, you can request a trip to Corsica.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 05-20-2020 at 11:02 AM..
Old 05-20-2020, 10:44 PM
Neutral Good

RedRafe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Now that would be a little awkward.

If Annily is anything like her mother personality-wise (and I think she is), we already know she will be beautiful and probably university-bound. She will be a heck of a catch for some lucky guy... one day. Alizee didn't let her get on social media until she was 12, so she keeps close tabs on her.

But you are right there in her age range, but half the globe away. Maybe for a graduation gift, you can request a trip to Corsica.
Hmm…

“Awkward”…

Now, if I was 17, and dating Annily, and Alizée was "around", I might, just might, be able to get over all that “awkwardness”…

I mean, I’d be dating a beautiful young lady, that I most likely would utterly adore, and I know for sure that I’d adore her mother…

I’d be “up to my ears” in “beautiful”, “talented women”…

Surrounded by “gorgeousness”…

Talk about a “win, win, win” situation…

I’d be in total “Paradise”…

Or absolute “Hell”…

Not sure which…

But I’m absolutely sure that 17 year old me, would have loved to have found out, the "hard" way…
Old 05-28-2020, 08:26 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I saw this very short clip (5 seconds) and was going to put it in the Youtube video section, but I just made another post there and didn't want it to be automerged so I put it here. I hadn't seen this before.

Old 05-28-2020, 08:30 AM

Quote:
I saw this very short clip (5 seconds) and was going to put it in the Youtube video section, but I just made another post there and didn't want it to be automerged so I put it here. I hadn't seen this before.

Interesting, anyone able to do a translation by any chance
Old 06-18-2020, 07:56 AM

Default Alizée and Gregoire 4th year Wedding Anniversary!

June 18th 2016, Alizée and Gregoire tie the knot in Ajaccio

Thought I'd compile some pictures off of Instagram to see how Alizée, Gregoire and other fellow fans are celebrating.

- First, we have one post from each of the two, starting with Alizée:

Noces de cire 🤍.
#jetaime #onelove #18juin2016

Roughly translates to: Wax Wedding

- And this from Gregoire:

4ans de mariage aujourd’hui! Que le temps passe vite à tes cotés👩❤️👨 @alizeeofficiel ❤️
Roughly translates to: 4 years of marriage today! Time flies by your side

Interesting they both went with the black&white filter. One picture focused on the celebrating of the event with confetti, and the other a much more personal shot, lovely stuff!

Anyway, there's also been celebratory things uploaded by some notable fan accounts, it's a strong community over on Instagram

- Here we've got a post from @ske_leton

Text roughly translates to: "and I swear to love you, to slay the spiders, to lower the toilet seat and to look with you at the best pastry chef"

I need to know if this a real quote, or if Skeleton just made it up Either way it's hilarious

- Here's a graphic from @andreweellmn

Really good looking edit here from Andre

- And to finish it off, this was also put on Alizée's story:

There are many other posts and photos about the wedding being posted around at the moment. Using the hashtag feature on Instagram is a good way to find them and discover new accounts

Congratulations to Alizée and Gregoire! Wishing the best of luck going forward!