Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 02-21-2010, 04:16 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool It's a whole new ball game!

Many of us have tried in vain many times to get radio stations to play some of Alizée's music here in the States. We were hampered by the fact that her songs in English were about 3 or 4 years old when we first found out about her, plus the fact that MF didn't do such a great job at re-writing some of the songs into English.

But now we have a new song, Les Collines. I think this song really has a shot at being played here. It would've helped if there were a few more lines in English, but the fact that it's about New York city I think is a tremendous plus. I think a lot of stations there would want to play it just for the fact it's complimentary of their city. I think it would be, with a little remixing to get rid of the slow parts a great song for all the dance clubs there.

We would need someone from New York to organize our efforts at calling radio stations and such. Now who in this forum is from New York? Could it be Ben!

Another thing I think we should have now is a forum of it's own for this subject. Right now it's a sub-forum under news. I'm sure it gets overlooked at times and now with this great new chance we have, it should be on the front page. I think it should be Ben who should come up with a name for one.

I was reading a post today where Sir Wood left a shortcut for a site called Fox all acess, http://fox.com/blogs/foxallaccess/on-the-radio/ where you can call and leave a request for a song or e-mail in a request. It's a great idea but I'm sure not many people will see it because of where it's posted. By the way I called in a request (they recorded it) and e-mailed a request. Their telephone # is 1-877-COUNT-15 and the e-mail address is allaccess@fox.com.
I think anyone who requests this song should mention the fact that it has both English and French lyrics and is about New York city.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:05 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile Storming the radio stations: OVER THE TOP for Lili!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Many of us have tried in vain many times to get radio stations to play some of Alizée's music here in the States... Sir Wood left a shortcut for a site called Fox all acess, http://fox.com/blogs/foxallaccess/on-the-radio/ where you can call and leave a request for a song or e-mail in a request. It's a great idea... I called in a request (they recorded it) and e-mailed a request. Their telephone # is 1-877-COUNT-15 and the e-mail address is allaccess@fox.com. I think anyone who requests this song should mention the fact that it has both English and French lyrics and is about New York city.
Done! I endorse your recommendations, Scruff.

Also, by using an e-mail, I could easily point them at the YouTube video for <i>Les Collines</i> at:
As I write, it has 25,075 views and a 5/5-star average rating, which will commend it to the Fox people! I also mentioned how attractive the young (25) singer is and how for a year during this decade she was the #1 female recording artist in France.

I abstained from telling the Fox people how Alizée is the ultimate fox (Zorro in Spanish), but you and I know she is anyway! Those who doubt this can click <a href="http://bellsouthpwp.net/d/o/docdtv/Alizee/2009Dec/AlizeeMous3.jpg">here</a>.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:56 PM
n

Karlalizee is on a distinguished road

unless she releases the album here, it will not get played. sad but true.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:04 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Many of us have tried in vain many times to get radio stations to play some of Alizée's music here in the States. We were hampered by the fact that her songs in English were about 3 or 4 years old when we first found out about her, plus the fact that MF didn't do such a great job at re-writing some of the songs into English.

But now we have a new song, Les Collines. I think this song really has a shot at being played here. It would've helped if there were a few more lines in English, but the fact that it's about New York city I think is a tremendous plus. I think a lot of stations there would want to play it just for the fact it's complimentary of their city. I think it would be, with a little remixing to get rid of the slow parts a great song for all the dance clubs there.

We would need someone from New York to organize our efforts at calling radio stations and such. Now who in this forum is from New York? Could it be Ben!

Another thing I think we should have now is a forum of it's own for this subject. Right now it's a sub-forum under news. I'm sure it gets overlooked at times and now with this great new chance we have, it should be on the front page. I think it should be Ben who should come up with a name for one.

I was reading a post today where Sir Wood left a shortcut for a site called Fox all acess, http://fox.com/blogs/foxallaccess/on-the-radio/ where you can call and leave a request for a song or e-mail in a request. It's a great idea but I'm sure not many people will see it because of where it's posted. By the way I called in a request (they recorded it) and e-mailed a request. Their telephone # is 1-877-COUNT-15 and the e-mail address is allaccess@fox.com.
I think anyone who requests this song should mention the fact that it has both English and French lyrics and is about New York city.
I have tried calling up and emailing Z-100 http://www.z100.com/main.html (biggest radio station in NYC) and nothing has gotten through. The truth is man, what your saying is good on paper but NYC radio stations have so many listeners that they are not going to take a chance with some unknown person requested by a few people.

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 02-22-2010, 01:21 AM

Cool

Well I think I might have found the perfect station. Over a year ago I stumbled across the fact that a privately owned radio station WUSB, owned by Stony Brook university and located on Long Island, New York, had played J'en ai marre back in april of 2008. It is run by students and faculty. Their signal reaches most of Long Island, parts of southern Connecticut and parts of New York city. This is an almost perfect location for this purpose.

I tried requesting music back then, but I think for reasons I mentioned in my original post. They never got played.

Here's a link to one of their pages and a picture of it.

http://wusb.fm/about

You can click on the links on that page or click on the programs heading, where it will show you a list of programs, some are talk shows, some music, and you can click on the different d.j. names. In some cases the next page will have contact info for that particular one, or you can click on the playlists heading and it will take you to the page where they have playlists run by different d.j.s who feature a certain type of music and the date of the month when their playlist will be played and again is shows the name of the d.j., most of them have contact info.

One of the best parts about this site is there are numerous dj's we can contact. It's not just one e-mail address for the station. I'm sure if we contact a bunch of them, we'll stumble across someone who loves Alizée's music.

I'll start tomorrow. Too beat right now. I want to take my time and make a good post. I will also keep a list of who I contact.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 02-22-2010 at 01:41 AM..
Old 02-22-2010, 01:51 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Wink "The last full measure of devotion"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlalizee View Post
UNLESS... some lunatic fans SEIZED a NYC radio station and played the same song over and over and over again 24/7 until the cops could retake the building, at which point they'd commit Masada-style mass suicide by swallowing goldfish!

Don't you think that the newspaper stories the next day would name the song, so that even the people who didn't normally listen to the station would learn about it?

Um... just askin'...
Old 02-22-2010, 09:43 AM

Well I sent e-mails to 5 different dj's at WUSB this morning, they only let you contact so many per hour so I'll hopefully add some more later.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:51 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlalizee View Post
Available for pre-order on Amazon.com (U.S.) at this link:

http://www.amazon.com/Une-Enfant-Du-...850169&sr=1-22

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 02-22-2010, 10:47 AM
Century old child!

wildfire is on a distinguished road

At this point, white noise and burping would be an improvement to whats played on LA's 97.1 ghetto AMP Radio. Bleech...
Old 02-22-2010, 03:24 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well I think I might have found the perfect station. Over a year ago I stumbled across the fact that a privately owned radio station WUSB, owned by Stony Brook university and located on Long Island, New York, had played J'en ai marre back in april of 2008. It is run by students and faculty. Their signal reaches most of Long Island, parts of southern Connecticut and parts of New York city. This is an almost perfect location for this purpose.

I tried requesting music back then, but I think for reasons I mentioned in my original post. They never got played.

Here's a link to one of their pages and a picture of it.

http://wusb.fm/about

You can click on the links on that page or click on the programs heading, where it will show you a list of programs, some are talk shows, some music, and you can click on the different d.j. names. In some cases the next page will have contact info for that particular one, or you can click on the playlists heading and it will take you to the page where they have playlists run by different d.j.s who feature a certain type of music and the date of the month when their playlist will be played and again is shows the name of the d.j., most of them have contact info.

One of the best parts about this site is there are numerous dj's we can contact. It's not just one e-mail address for the station. I'm sure if we contact a bunch of them, we'll stumble across someone who loves Alizée's music.

I'll start tomorrow. Too beat right now. I want to take my time and make a good post. I will also keep a list of who I contact.
hate to break this to you bud, but I have a lot of friends who go to SUNY Stony Brook and even they dont listen to their school radio station. College radio stations are barley listened too by their students, yet alone the outside community so even if they did play Alizee it wouldn't really get us anywhere.

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!