Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-15-2016, 10:41 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Wow....very nicely done Stefan. As I mentioned, I wanted to let them know as opposed to what our forum name suggests, our fans come from all over. That's why I was suggesting flags from those countries though the country's names might suffice. This was something I started working on but my skills at this are very limited and I mainly do it because nobody else has suggested anything. Here was something I just started on along those lines.

By the way everyone.....Steve is the friend I mentioned from Facebook and who is from Germany and has been the main reason this is all coming together. He contacted Chez Paulo, who contacted Alizee and I believe his work helps in his being able to design that great card he posted. He also just became a member of this forum. Welcome to Alizee America Steve!

Wedding card inside 001.jpg
Old 07-15-2016, 12:13 PM
Creative Stuff Member

Steve_RMX is on a distinguished road

Thanks a lot Dave, I am gonna make another draft for the inner part with country flags as well. But I need to know the countries of the participated members. I'll get the photos for the wedding card from Silvia Borel, the cousin of Alizée, in higher resolution for the print. She is a photographer and made the photos of the wedding Alizée has posted.

By the way, yesterday as I spoke with Valerie from "La table de Valerié" by telephone she said thats no problem to combine the money transfer of a credit card to make a gift certification and waiting for the wedding card by postal service a couple of days. Valerié, Alizée and "Chez Paulo" are known private each other and there is no reason to have some concerns about the money transfer or the passing to Alizée and Greg doesnt work at all.

Last edited by Steve_RMX; 07-15-2016 at 12:35 PM..
Old 07-15-2016, 12:54 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum Steve!
Old 07-15-2016, 05:50 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

All the suggested cards look good to me. I appreciate the time and work all of you have put into this. I was wondering if we could translate the good wishes into French, since Alizee doesn't speak English. If best wishes are sent in English, however, that won't be a serious problem because she can easily get a translation.
Old 07-15-2016, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_RMX View Post
Thanks a lot Dave, I am gonna make another draft for the inner part with country flags as well. But I need to know the countries of the participated members.
I'll try and get that list to you tonight, when I or should I say if I get a break at work.
Old 07-15-2016, 07:26 PM
Creative Stuff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
All the suggested cards look good to me. I appreciate the time and work all of you have put into this. I was wondering if we could translate the good wishes into French, since Alizee doesn't speak English. If best wishes are sent in English, however, that won't be a serious problem because she can easily get a translation.
A translation into french is no problem, though Alizée understands easy english I also would prefer to write in french.

The other thing is the wedding card!
In case a design creation of me gonna be used, which would be completed by wishes of some styles and text formulations of the community, should I print this card with high quality glossy paper then? I am a photographer and a very close friend ownes a printers company?
And the last thing, what happens then with the card? Sending to Dave or directly sending to Valerie? Just in case of my first question.

Last edited by Steve_RMX; 07-15-2016 at 07:40 PM..
Old 07-16-2016, 05:22 AM

I believe the list below is "fairly" accurate as far as countries our members have come from over the years. If anyone notices any I omitted, please let us know.

As far as the what printing paper to use, I opt for the better quality even if it will cost extra.

That's an interesting point about sending the card to me to mail or to Steve sending it from his location. Even though we have members from all over, our "headquarters" I'd guess you call it is in the U.S. and I think they (Alizee and Gregoire), might think it a little strange if they received a card post marked form a European country. I think the best way around that is to send the card in an envelope, within an envelope. The inner one is the one that will be delivered to A&G.

Argentina
Australia
Bolivia
Canada
Croatia
England
France
Germany
Greece
Finland
India
Ireland
Italy
Mexico
Northern Ireland
Netherlands
Poland
Romania
Slovakia
Slovenia
Sweden
Switzerland

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-16-2016 at 05:28 AM..
Old 07-16-2016, 06:23 AM
Creative Stuff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
... That's an interesting point about sending the card to me to mail or to Steve sending it from his location. Even though we have members from all over, our "headquarters" I'd guess you call it is in the U.S. and I think they (Alizee and Gregoire), might think it a little strange if they received a card post marked form a European country. I think the best way around that is to send the card in an envelope, within an envelope. The inner one is the one that will be delivered to A&G ...
I also could send you my card data file as pdf-file by E-Mail. It contains everything a print service needs. Thats the fastest and best way to send the card from the united states.
Old 07-16-2016, 08:19 AM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

These also come to mind...

Czech Republic
Hungary
Kuwait
Spain

Last edited by Ray4AJ; 07-16-2016 at 08:23 AM..
Old 07-16-2016, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
These also come to mind...

Czech Republic
Hungary
Kuwait
Spain
Thanks Ray. We had a member from Kuwait???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_RMX View Post
I also could send you my card data file as pdf-file by E-Mail. It contains everything a print service needs. Thats the fastest and best way to send the card from the united states.
Well one thing I'm worried about is timing. They are scheduled to start one of their dance trips on the 23rd I believe it is, which means they'll probably leave on the 22nd. I wouldn't want it to get there later than the 20th because after that, they'd probably be so busy with their packing, they might not have time to give it much notice. I'd rather send it at a time when they'd recieve it a day or two after their return.

Having Steve send me a pdf file to have printed here would probably take too long. It usually takes a week for things sent from here to reach Ajaccio. I'd like to get this done before the trip in which case it would be quickest for Steve to mail the card and I could contact the store with the credit card info and they could just pop the gift card in with the wedding card for delivery to the newlyweds.

Maybe Steve can give us an idea how long it would take for a card sent from his location to reach Ajaccio?