Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 08:23 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

Yes, the domino effect. Next I fear will be plaz. After all, who else here is not a major fan? We recently lost ladycameronxii, miammiam, karlalizee is becoming much less active... Once again, I ask: Is Alizée America dying?
Old 04-22-2010, 08:46 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Eh... whatever... I wouldn't worry.
To me, seems like a group of people that were really more just fans of the image of Alizée rather than the woman Alizée. If Soshi is offered as a replacement, this becomes obvious.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:59 PM

marik is on a distinguished road

oh shoot, B and the others are leaving? i know i haven't been active on the past few months but i still keep checking the site at least twice in a week (kinda) i'm not that a big fan anymore though, i just don't feel her music anymore so that's why..

and then later someone made me interest to a new music, he is also the reason why i keep checking the forums lately~ especially the Soshi Thread

I've also met some new people in here by B but had no time to get to know the that much, like Tern

man this will be boring ya know ? -__-

Well if you had to leave B, then there's no reason i should stay and keep checking the site.

~annyeong
Old 04-22-2010, 09:20 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHollister View Post
To me, seems like a group of people that were really more just fans of the image of Alizée rather than the woman Alizée.
Are we all not a fan of an image? It is just a matter of what image it is that we are here for. Some are here for the physical image, others for the image that she portrays through her music and interviews, but I can assure you that no one is here for her true nonphysical image. I know for a fact that all of the fellas in question here were here in the start for more than the physical.

Quote:
If Soshi is offered as a replacement, this becomes obvious.
It would probably be best that you do not speak of which you do not know. I myself am not deeply into Soshi, I like them however. Anywho they are a far better role model on and off stage. Reactions like this is why some of these fine fellas are leaving in the first place, it's plain as day in djwise's post, and I find it most disturbing that it is coming from a mod in this case. There is always gonna be another artist with qualities that the fan in question admires for one reason or another, please try to know about such things before blindly saying they just like them for the "image" (as I assume you are speaking of the physical image).

Regards,

Jung

Old 04-22-2010, 09:34 PM
Pronounced "I'm Rahj" ;)

ImRawdg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
To me, seems like a group of people that were really more just fans of the image of Alizée rather than the woman Alizée.
I don't think that's it at all, most of them, especially Barrett, were real fans of her for a really long time.

And Soshi, as Jung was talking about, certainly are a more-than-competent group that have work ethic. I'm sorry, but Alizee does not try very hard, and maybe I should be crediting her songwriters rather than her for my fandom, as they give her the image, she did little by herself to earn it.

As far as all these people leaving, I personally don't know why they even stayed as long as they did, they were all like-minded people in the wrong place. (and I mean that in a positive way)

I remain a fan because of the music, and, though not rightfully, the image that the music and her have presented to me.

Last edited by ImRawdg; 04-22-2010 at 09:37 PM..
Old 04-23-2010, 01:23 AM
International Fan

Jess is on a distinguished road

VVVA whether Alizée America is dying or not, has nothing to do with these characters leaving I assure you. Some of these guys stayed here this long for their own reasons, and it wasn't to enhance Alizée America, read their posts. Also some were here to recruit members to join them in other forums, they obviously succeeded to some degree and have moved on, good for them. I'm also glad those that followed were kind enough and honest to tell everyone how they really felt.

Although there's still some that are lingering here just because they can obviously, but not because they respect Alizée or Alizée America. It's quite ok if you don't like her music no one is forcing you to do so, but there's absolutely no honor in hanging around posting negative comments every chance you get about the artist you no longer like.

By the way, no one is more narrow minded then someone who expects others to see or feel like they do. We all have our own tastes and that's what makes us different. That's what got us here in the first place, and what will make us leave eventually, our own taste ;-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by djwise View Post
Not to ruin such a heartfelt post, but in my time here, I've been in disbelief at some of the ignorance, close-mindedness, and unwilling acceptance for others who didn't appreciate the favored artist of this forum. That was partly to blame for my lack of posting in the main forum, because I was completely put off by this close-minded obsessiveness.
You guys realize the favored artist of this forum is Alizée right, hence Alizée America ;-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
It would probably be best that you do not speak of which you do not know. I myself am not deeply into Soshi, I like them however. Anywho they are a far better role model on and off stage. Reactions like this is why some of these fine fellas are leaving in the first place, it's plain as day in djwise's post, and I find it most disturbing that it is coming from a mod in this case. There is always gonna be another artist with qualities that the fan in question admires for one reason or another, please try to know about such things before blindly saying they just like them for the "image" (as I assume you are speaking of the physical image).
WTF are you saying Jung, that CFH shouldn't voice his own opinion even though he's a mod ??
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImRawdg View Post
As far as all these people leaving, I personally don't know why they even stayed as long as they did, they were all like-minded people in the wrong place. (and I mean that in a positive way)
Finally a quote that makes sense here, I agree with this 100%

Paix, Amour et Musique ☮ ♥ ♫ http://www.international-music-videos.com

Old 04-23-2010, 02:05 AM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

I think everyone should just leave this as is...............
People are leaving, like and respect them like myself; then just say good bye
Dislike them then celebrate their departure.... what else is there to say? There is no need to argue because they have clearly stated they are not going to post anymore!

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 04-23-2010, 02:59 AM

Brent is on a distinguished road

Well guys. I'm out, I didn't find here what I had found in AF. And to be honest it seemed like I just spoke to the guys here that I had spoken to from AF with the exception of one or two people.

I enjoyed you guys. This just isn't my scene. I'm a Soshified guy. That is where the lights and glamour is for me. Lots of interesting stuff there.

But, I do want you guys to look deep into your heart to see if what Alizee has to offer is what you are looking for. I have been a fan since 2005. To be honest I've put in a lot of work. It's sad because the rewards I have gotten from Alizee has been zilch. I've had 2 responses from Tiffany of SNSD which has consisted of maybe 10 words. That happened over the course of my first month, when I really was trying to contact them. Well, I tried to contact Alizee for 4 years and zilch. Like I said if you want to go that route it is up to you.

My point is I have found a home and I've been living there for about a year. I'm happy with what the community does and what the artists put back into it. It doesn't hurt that the artists are thoughtful and stay in touch even though they are really one of the hottest groups in the world right now. I just don't understand Alizee. And it seems the image she put out for us has been fake. We have really just fallen in love with the model Mylene put out.

These are my thoughts. I'm not discouraging anyone. But as I've said... I've had more contact from a much more famous group within my first month than I did from Alizee in 5 years. The fanbase is much more active and kind. So, I've really been gone for a year... and that will continue.

SNSD, Epik High, and f(x) forever. I know some people here don't favor asian girls so much. That's understandable. But like I've said it has been much more fun. The fans have put so much more into it, and have gotten so much more out of it. I'm sure that its available elsewhere... but SNSD is definately the topic of conversation lately and I'm glad I've been there since the start.

You guys have fun. Love to all.

Thanks guys, have fun. Good luck!

Quick Edit:

I saw the post saying 'well you are a fan of her image only'. Well your image involves your physical body and how its kept, your movements, and your words. I know the people that are leaving are a) long time fans or b) very thoughtful people. So with that being said I've been through it all within these 5 years. And I'm telling you it is simply not true. Like I said best of luck you you. But until you get out there and speak WITH other artists or see how other groups react to the fans hard effort... you won't ever realize how bad this relationship is. It is bad enough she isn't even considered in her own country and depends on Mexico for success (which isn't working). My advice is to not judge us before you know where we are going or have been. Like I said if you mention Alizee to this point I've been there or done that for the good cause. It just hasn't paid off at all.

But yeah don't want any drama. Here is my parting video.

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Cnz2n5VcV4Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Cnz2n5VcV4Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

Last edited by Ruroshen; 04-26-2010 at 02:43 PM..
Old 04-23-2010, 03:50 AM

tern is on a distinguished road

Well said, Brent, the post I've written out below kinda goes along with yours on a different bent.

~~~~

I was just gonna say goodbye "because I'm only here to talk to peeps in the chatbox", but you made this personal, CF Hollister. Funny you live so close...

Quote:
To me, seems like a group of people that were really more just fans of the image of Alizée rather than the woman Alizée. If Soshi is offered as a replacement, this becomes obvious.

Hollister, I was an Alizee fan back when you were still wearing diapers. You say it's physical, but I loved the entire image, sound, and heart of Alizee Classic back in the day. I've made videos (with a few million views on youtube), made screenshot packs, and cleared watermarks out of images for no reason other than to spread her around). I awaited her return anxiously, but was sorely disappointed with what she had become.

She changed, not us. It's the classic "it's not me, it's actually you" sorta thing. In any case, this was news about 4 years ago, but the people I met when I first became an Alizee fan long before that are people I still talk to today, and I'm thankful so much to Alizee for bringing me to that.

So yes, you may say SNSD is where we are going now, but honestly that only started a couple of months ago for me. I've liked Asian music since discovering that besides Alizee's first two albums, it's the only cheerful music left in the world. Everywhere else the music is just made to be cool or sad and lacks any of the lovability or cuteness that made Alizee so appealing to us when she first debuted.

So since she changed, I went to the next place that was still doing what Alizee first did. After all, while Alizee was making whatever those last two albums were called, Tiffany and the rest of SNSD was further perfecting the JEAM outfit as shown in the gif below, so that just shows Alizee has passed the torch, and WE have continued to follow. SNSD is not a replacement for Alizee, they are an evolution of her!

So yeah, I would have left either way, but comments like Hollister's just make it that much easier. I'm really actually a very cheerful and happy person, but I felt like I should explain my thoughts. Cheers.

~tern

Old 04-23-2010, 04:12 AM

Brent is on a distinguished road

One thing I'd like to add Jess is that since we have been here you have did nothing but criticize us.

Respect others opinion. Sure you can defend those who are staying, that's your job as a fanboy and I would never deny you that right and actually wouldn't want you to.

But, the fact remains, that you are a reason people are leaving. There have been posts that offended noone and were designed to offend noone that you have stuck your nose in.

I'm sure you will deny it. But, this mass leaving of members is not random. We know what is out there and why we are leaving. There is no doubt that a lot more are leaving that aren't posting today. I'm chatting with them right now. I didn't organize any of this, just to let you know. I'm just a part of it. I'm considered the 'neutral guy'.

I'm just letting you know everything has been discussed.
Closed Thread