Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 10-14-2007, 02:20 AM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHollister View Post
Of this I am keenly aware. I've been researching the Legion as a possible option for myself for several weeks now, and I have read a couple autobiographies of Legionaires. Still, all things considered, the jury is still out. Also, France may technically be at peace, but even now the Legion is deployed around the world in Djibuoti, other locations in Africa, South America, Afghanistan, and probably at least half a dozen other locations on operation we will never hear about. The historical average of a 10% mortality rate in the Legion is one of the things I am constantly bearing in mind.
I think a teacher exchange or something would be a lot safer. Maybe you can get a job teaching English or something.
http://www.transitionsabroad.com/pub...infrance.shtml
Old 10-14-2007, 11:51 AM

Piblokto is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHollister View Post
Of this I am keenly aware. I've been researching the Legion as a possible option for myself for several weeks now, and I have read a couple autobiographies of Legionaires. Still, all things considered, the jury is still out. Also, France may technically be at peace, but even now the Legion is deployed around the world in Djibuoti, other locations in Africa, South America, Afghanistan, and probably at least half a dozen other locations on operation we will never hear about. The historical average of a 10% mortality rate in the Legion is one of the things I am constantly bearing in mind.
And as this thread was about girl's fashion, may I say that fashion in Djibouti and Afghanistan is way less glamourous than in Paris.
Old 10-14-2007, 03:56 PM
Francophile!:D

Tye is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
I wish i was old enough to truly contemplate going around the world and possibly living somewhere other than the states. I was actually thinking of France or England before I even heard of Alizée. The Mediterranean is really why I wanted to move to France and England would have been nice but im from Texas and I don't like the cold to much!
You are not too young to begin contemplating going around the world. You should be figuring out where you want to live and what career path you want to pursue. You are 17, and should be close to graduating so these are all things you are old enough to contemplate.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:01 PM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack -Alizee Lover- View Post

Winter scarfs don't count. She needs that to keep her neck warm. It's not for fashion. I wear leggings and extra socks during the winter, not for looks, just to keep my feet and legs warm.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:39 PM
Old Geezer & Music Critic

AmericanFan is on a distinguished road

I plan to visit but I don't want to live there. Besides Alizee is taken.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:24 AM
485 Internet points!

Solaris is on a distinguished road

I would love to live there simply to do something completely different and start a new life. I will find out next year if I would really want to live there when I visit so until then its just pure speculation.

Edit: Just found out that they have Heroes over there and from what a can determine the series is up to date with the US so it should be in English. So thats one pro to add to the list of ever growing pros.

[9:59] [Solaris] here comes marik!
[Alizée Bar and Grill]: marik has entered at 9:59
[9:59] [Bill Seals] OH shite
[9:59] [Solaris] I TOLD YOU
[9:59] [Chommpers] mind powers

Last edited by Solaris; 10-24-2007 at 03:49 AM..
Old 12-09-2009, 02:35 AM
jolidon me

Default Ah, French women! They're classic, just like their fashion choices

I don't believe the French are the most stylish. We perceive this idea because in times past fashion came from Europe to the USA.

But now, the roles are switching as Hollywood has become more globalized and celebrities (Americans) have become more known on a global level.

There are stylish people everywhere, they're just not as publicized.

To answer your question as to what French women wear, why, they wear the very same things we wear here. It's just a matter of cultural taste and what is defined tasteful or fashionably deviant.

Another factor as to why we perceive the French as having more style, or being more fashionable, is because they have so much more confidence in their own personal style.

As my personal quote goes "Style is what you have, not what you buy" so you can purchase everything a French woman has in her wardrobe, but if you can't pull it off like she can, then what's the point?