Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 08-29-2006, 04:01 AM
Allez L'OM!

aditya8617 is on a distinguished road

@ Bob : When I said all I meant ALL and Spartan made clear the rest.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:32 AM

Pirate515 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impurator View Post
Does iTunes offer Alizée's CDs? I would be surprised, Virgin Digital doesn't have them and I suspect it is a licensing issue (since it's a European company).
I wasn't able to find any of her songs in the American store; however, if you switch to the French store, they have all 3 of her albums.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:41 PM
Uk Member

iolaus_uk is on a distinguished road
Unhappy I,m sorry

Great song.
But i have to confess i did download alizee songs.
But i only did it while i was waiting for mine BRAND NEW,BROUGHT FROM AMAZON ,MONEY GOING STRAIGHT TO HER(sort of) CD'S.
I couldnt wait so I found no harm in "borrowing" them until mine arrived ,When mine can I broke them up and put them in the bin ,So as i said I really just Borrowed them.
My god forgive my sins .
Old 08-29-2006, 12:55 PM
100th Member

DJ_Greg is on a distinguished road

Eh, don't sweat it. At this point, none of the money from those CD sales are going to Alizée.

Music is one of the only commodities you don't know what you're buying until you buy it, and then you can't return it if you don't like it. (Some stores will let you...most will only give store credit). Until the industry adapts to allow people to listen to entire albums before they're purchased, I don't see a problem with downloading.

I downloaded both albums before I purchased MCE, in order to find out if I'd like the music. I liked the newer tracks enough to buy that album. Gourmandises (the album) has taken longer to grow on me. I'll probably buy it eventually, if only for the better-quality recordings.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:07 PM
Cracka!

Shep is on a distinguished road

eh, I download. I hate supporting companies who've adapted a perverted form of capitalism. The IRAA is as much theives as those who download the music and yet in court they're always playing the victim and it makes me sick...
"One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. "Oh, no," I said, "Disneyland burned down." He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late." - Jack Handey
Old 08-29-2006, 01:49 PM
You actually read these?

HibyPrime is on a distinguished road

yet another reason why canada > all:

there was a lawsuit a few years ago from one of the record companies against someone who downloaded hundreds of thousands of songs in canada. guess what, the record company lost.

the court decided it was not a copyright infringment (!!!!!)

so downloading music in canada is legal, for now..

Edit: Sorry, downloading music is not 'legal', it is just still in the grey area. You know how long it takes for laws to get passed - in any country.

Last edited by HibyPrime; 08-29-2006 at 01:56 PM..
Old 08-29-2006, 02:06 PM
Cracka!

Record companies are starting to losing legal ground in the US as well. They are winning a few things but not high powered lawsuits anymore. I think they just win an inflated amount of money for each song downloaded or something.
"One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. "Oh, no," I said, "Disneyland burned down." He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late." - Jack Handey
Old 08-29-2006, 02:08 PM

RadioactiveMan is on a distinguished road

I think that downloading songs is great. I'd never buy an album without hearing it first. I'd buy any album that I've downloaded and liked, though. I'll never consider downloads a substitute for a real CD.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:19 PM
You actually read these?

HibyPrime is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioactiveMan View Post
I think that downloading songs is great. I'd never buy an album without hearing it first. I'd buy any album that I've downloaded and liked, though. I'll never consider downloads a substitute for a real CD.
theres got to be atleast one artist/band/group you know of that you will buy their cd without question..

for me, i'm buying the next linkin park album that come out, they have never given me any reason to expect that their new music will be any worse than their old music - just as I bought meteora after only hearing one of the songs off the cd.

I would also do the same with alizee, but there are new writers for the music this time, and (KNOCK ON WOOD UNTIL IT BURSTS INTO A MILLION SPLINTERS) it may not be as good as the other 2 albums.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:25 PM
Cracka!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HibyPrime View Post
theres got to be atleast one artist/band/group you know of that you will buy their cd without question..

for me, i'm buying the next linkin park album that come out, they have never given me any reason to expect that their new music will be any worse than their old music - just as I bought meteora after only hearing one of the songs off the cd.

I would also do the same with alizee, but there are new writers for the music this time, and (KNOCK ON WOOD UNTIL IT BURSTS INTO A MILLION SPLINTERS) it may not be as good as the other 2 albums.
I'm REALLY hoping Ali doesn't go the way of Dave Matthews Band. I used to LOVE 90% of their music and then came Stand Up... that album was just shameful. The way an artist can quickly lose my respect is to do something political and that's exactly what they did...

Pardon me. I need a minute. X25 (friggin image limit)