Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 05-03-2013, 12:00 PM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

Thank you Lapinschous for all of your hard work here. I just got off the phone with ScruffDog777 who has told me all about the wonderful translations you have so generously done.

Also many thanks to all of this forum's members for their own contributions to this wonderful forum.

My job does not allow me the time it used to to be logged in here and keep apace with everything, but when I do get a chance to log on, I am floored by all the news and things transpiring.

Stephen
Old 05-03-2013, 12:13 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

As much as I wanted to watch this interview, I 've been so busy with the cds, I haven't been able to take but a quick look at it, until now and now that I've had time to take a somewhat more in depth look at it, I think it's such a gut wrenching interview for me and I hope we can talk about it much more in the near future.

Once again, thanks Lappy
Old 05-04-2013, 06:24 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

I hadn't been able to see it either since I had difficulties downloading it, but after reading your post Scruffy I watched the youtube video with Lappy's translation and I have to agree, I haven't seen that old interview of hers in a long time and it brought a lot of nostalgia, I wonder if she ever saw it after giving it all those years ago, and what she felt that day!
Old 05-07-2013, 10:30 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
... I hope we can talk about it much more in the near future.
Towards the beginning of the interview, they are discussing * "getting rid of this Lolita image" and Alizée says

"But again, people who followed my music noticed an obvious shift in my personality and my albums... "

I've only been following along for a year, but I think I've seen most of what there has been out there to be seen from her career. It seems like we've learned more about her personality in the last 2 months than we've even known before. I think before, it was the impressions of her that we had developed based the little actual information given, and interpretations of what we saw.

We've seen her grow from a teenager into an adult and mother, but has anyone really noticed a shift in her personality? Do we really know what her personality is?

* - according to the translations on the video
Old 05-19-2013, 08:53 AM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
We've seen her grow from a teenager into an adult and mother, but has anyone really noticed a shift in her personality? Do we really know what her personality is?

Alizée is both a really secretive and very "open" person , so I think there will always be part of darkness we'll never be able to probe (i.e. the reason why she felt so depressed and cried so much between 2006 and 2010) but we sort of have an idea of how she interacts with people , how generous, cheerful and respectful she is while being with her fans

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..
Old 05-19-2013, 10:24 AM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post
Alizée is both a really secretive and very "open" person , so I think there will always be part of darkness we'll never be able to probe (i.e. the reason why she felt so depressed and cried so much between 2006 and 2010) but we sort of have an idea of how she interacts with people , how generous, cheerful and respectful she is while being with her fans
Indeed. That is how she is widely perceived.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
Towards the beginning of the interview, they are discussing * "getting rid of this Lolita image" and Alizée says

"But again, people who followed my music noticed an obvious shift in my personality and my albums... "

We've seen her grow from a teenager into an adult and mother, but has anyone really noticed a shift in her personality?

* - according to the translations on the video
This is what I'm really wondering. I haven't seen an obvious shift.