Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-01-2008, 09:58 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

My fear was the deletions would have this affect. It’s tempting to read between the lines and assume she is sending us a negative message, but for now let’s give her the benefit of the doubt. It may not have been her doing in the first place.

In an interview some time ago Alizée said that if it was up to her, she would never leave France (in pursuit of her career). At that time it seemed she didn’t want to go to Mexico, much less the USA. But we’ve seen since then that France has been somewhat lukewarm and Mexico has played a large part in her career. She obviously changed her mind about Mexico and ended up going there. I think she will do the same with the USA if she sees some proof that there is enough interest here. I wouldn’t doubt she has already warmed up to the idea and she is just waiting for things to fall into place.

That’s where we come in. Increase awareness of Alizée in the USA. Grow the fan base and get the media’s attention. The two go hand in hand. If the media gets on this story, awareness will grow dramatically, and hopefully so will the fan base.

So if your thing is to make videos, don’t be discouraged. Keep making them. Remember, posting them on Alizée’s myspace is fine if you want her to see them, but it’s also like preaching to the choir. We can assume most people visiting there are already fans or at least know who she is. Try to think of other places to post them where Americans will see them. Look for opportunities to use your talent towards the goal of Alizée awareness in the USA.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:40 PM

Fralizee is on a distinguished road

What is the reason we want Alizee to come to the US?
Is it selfishness?
Certainly we don't want her to get hurt by the brutal American Media? Introducing Alizee here to the masses will get the same media bashing as Soccer did. We just have too many choices to pick from in the US. Let her be where she feels comfortable, so we can all enjoy her talents and appearances a bit longer.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:29 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fralizee View Post
Is it selfishness?
Certainly we don't want her to get hurt by the brutal American Media? Introducing Alizee here to the masses will get the same media bashing as Soccer did. We just have too many choices to pick from in the US. Let her be where she feels comfortable, so we can all enjoy her talents and appearances a bit longer.
Personally, I want her to be more popular in the US so she can sell more CDs here. Any additional revenue would be helpful to her career. If she makes more money she will have more available for recording projects, live concerts and promotion in the future.

Personally, I am less concerned about whether she does concerts here, although it would be nice. I’d be happy with an autograph session or TV appearance to thank the US fans and to create a little buzz and good will.

Why should she perform here? The same reason she performs anywhere, because performing is her chosen profession. Is it selfish for a fan to want to see the artist they love perform live? No more selfish than her fans anywhere else in the world. It’s totally up to her and her people whether she wants to enter this market or not. Yelle has toured here and I’ve heard Nolwenn Leroy may be considering the US market. I don’t think it’s inevitable that coming to the USA can only lead to a horrible outcome.

As far as the entertainment media and paparazzi goes, she’s accustomed to it and the US media does not have a monopoly on bad behavior. Some places she visited in the past have been worse than the USA.

If a fan base of respectable size were to be established in the USA first, then most of these fears would be of little concern. It would make the USA a real option for Alizée, if she wants it.

All I'm hoping for is that we can provide her with that option.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:58 PM
In pursuit...

mavsluver41 is on a distinguished road

Lefty, kudos man, that was one of the best posts I've read in a long time. Personally, I think not wanting her to come to the U.S., be it for a concert or something else, is selfish in itself. Why should a select few of us have the opportunity to know and love Alizée while everyone else is oblivious to her considerable talent and refreshing personality?
Old 08-01-2008, 01:59 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fralizee View Post
Is it selfishness?
What is the reason i'm going to the US? To promote her there of course.
To see Alizée, upon that large country, would grant many of the wish of American fans, but she will not come for the scattered remains of the spread-out Alizée USA supporters.

We need to build concentration in the area we want her to come to, she is the arrow, but we are the bow, we must make sure she goes where she is to go in the United States.

As for the media, i'm sure us, the fans, would handle them if they say, get too aggressive...
Old 08-01-2008, 02:26 PM

Camapajama is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
What is the reason i'm going to the US? To promote her there of course.
To see Alizée, upon that large country, would grant many of the wish of American fans, but she will not come for the scattered remains of the spread-out Alizée USA supporters.

We need to build concentration in the area we want her to come to, she is the arrow, but we are the bow, we must make sure she goes where she is to go in the United States.

As for the media, i'm sure us, the fans, would handle them if they say, get too aggressive...
"We are here LIVE with Alizee! Lili, Lili, what is your reaction to com-"
*Screen turns black, audio is audible*
-Camera man/woman- "Ma'am, we have to visual, but we still have audio"
-Reporter-WHAT?! "Nonsense! What is causing this-"
*Screen comes back on for a brief moment, looking down at the wires*
*Fan of Alizee stares back up at the camera with wire cutters in his hands*
-Fan-"....heh" *gives them a smug smile*
*Video cuts out again*

Yea...we got the media under control

Old 08-01-2008, 02:29 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Alizée Fans: Best and Craziest

But seriously, don't get discouraged if anything happens through that blasted MySpace, just keep at it. A wrong vibe or message can be easily sent, after all, most of you all are humans.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:44 PM
Looking through a glass onion.

Amigo! is on a distinguished road
Cool Show's over... Nothing to see here... Move along.

Quote:
most of you all are humans.

Hey!... Shhhhhh...
Old 08-01-2008, 04:10 PM

tbailey is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Alizée Fans: Best and Craziest

But seriously, don't get discouraged if anything happens through that blasted MySpace, just keep at it. A wrong vibe or message can be easily sent, after all, most of you all are humans.
agreed
who knows? looking back on it i was rather critical of Alizee in about 3 posts over the last two weeks
maybe she read them and that pissed her off - but i think that's optimistic thinking on my part and assumes a high level of Alizee's involvement with the forums

if she's readings these - well sh!t i would've been nicer!

Last edited by tbailey; 08-01-2008 at 04:20 PM..
Old 08-02-2008, 02:03 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey View Post
agreed
who knows? looking back on it i was rather critical of Alizee in about 3 posts over the last two weeks
maybe she read them and that pissed her off - but i think that's optimistic thinking on my part and assumes a high level of Alizee's involvement with the forums

if she's readings these - well sh!t i would've been nicer!
You may have figured it out!

Although, my bet is a staffer did it. I think Alizée has more class that that. Keep in mind that staffers are fans too. If you were a staffer and read posts you posted, would you have considered deleting them or a subsequent one?