Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-02-2009, 01:19 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road
Default Chateau Marmont Collaboration

Quote:
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2>Originally Posted by SimonH
Did you know Chateau Marmont is in her up and coming album.
http://www.bloglounge.net/2009/04/30...ont-retro-70s/

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Some of the following is exerpted from the above web location (via IE8 translate):

Chateau Marmont, retro 70 ' s / 30.04.2009

.... Finally a part of the production of the next album of Alizée (Yes we can dare say and there no shame) and a title - Beagle - on the next House Kitsuné Music 7, the lucky one.

I wonder if they will actually be contributing to her album, or just doing a couple of remixes for her?

And what is with the "no shame" comment. The fact that they felt the need to say that makes me wonder what was going through their minds (could it be the thinking is that Alizée is not thought of as being "cool")?

And what is with the stern faces - don't these guys know how to smile, or is anger cool these days?

However, in spite of the above comments, I can see why Alizée would partner with them. If done right, there is potential in this collaboration.

...Otherwise the level of your productions is a desire to do a lot of instrumental and thus leave little room to the voice?

Then it is a very good question. We realize that is already easier to topics on the synth lines of singing. It depends on songs that lend. It uses the vocoder because we find that it is a good mixture. On the next Max thought do more chantés pieces. But in any case an estimated be more comfortable on instrumental pieces.

You have some expected remixes?

It just Datarock and Royksopp : the girl & the robot. I am not especially a fan but as that is a little reminiscent of Kylie Minogue which we like much...

I listened to several of their pieces, and was not impressed with most of them - too minimalist (I think Alizée needs warmer pieces). However, the remix of:
Ladyhawke - My Delirium Remix
did a good job of supporting, and not covering, the vocals. It will be interesting to see what comes out of this collaboration.

In the final analysis, if her collaboration with them ends up with a catchy song that flatters her voice getting some club play time it will be very worthwhile.

If she ends up with a song on her album that is very catchy and also flatters her voice and allows her essence to really flow through then even better. <!-- / message -->
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
Old 05-02-2009, 01:28 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
And what is with the "no shame" comment. The fact that they felt the need to say that makes me wonder what was going through their minds (could it be the thinking is that Alizée is not thought of as being "cool")?
Partially, yeah. I could be wrong, but I suspect the perception of Alizée over there is in large part that she does bubblegum pop geared towards little girls. Fans of Chateau Marmont might naturally look at a collaboration with her and think "WTF"? I think it's a way of reassuring their fans that "yeah, we know...but hey listen, really, this is going to be cool." The wording of it makes it come across as a bit of a backhanded compliment, though.

Quote:
I listened to several of their pieces, and was not impressed with most of them - too minimalist (I think Alizée needs warmer pieces). However, the remix of:
did a good job of supporting, and not covering, the vocals. It will be interesting to see what comes out of this collaboration.
I've been listening to them all morning, and I can definitely see why she'd want to work with them. Some of their pieces have a real 80's New Wave vibe to them, like the Ladyhawke remix and Midnight Juggernauts Into the Galaxy (and how do you not love that title?). Most techno I can take or leave, but the majority of the tracks on their MySpace are fairly catchy.

Quote:
In the final analysis, if her collaboration with them ends up with a catchy song that flatters her voice getting some club play time it will be very worthwhile.

If she ends up with a song on her album that is very catchy and also flatters her voice and allows her essence to really flow through then even better. <!-- / message -->
Yeah, all we can do is wait and see, but this definitely shows some real promise if you ask me.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:33 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Cool. I found these guys' samples a mixed bag. My favorite's the Solar Apex title track, which reminds me of the awesome soundtrack for Cryo's original Dune videogame:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bri4scR81-4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bri4scR81-4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Maybe Lili's next performance should feature Chiptune accompaniment?

<div><object width="480" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x634ph_show-side-a-bit-ball-chip-tune-gb-j_creation&related=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x634ph_show-side-a-bit-ball-chip-tune-gb-j_creation&related=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="405" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object><br /><b><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x634ph_show-side-a-bit-ball-chip-tune-gb-j_creation">Show side a bit Ball Chip tune GB japan expo 2008</a></b><br /><i>Uploaded by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/kira391">kira391</a></i></div>
Old 05-02-2009, 03:12 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

If you like the Chateau Marmont thing please have a look at the video on my last blog post, you'll love it.
Alizee could do worse than giving the girls from Client a quick call.
Now that would be a great collaberation!
Old 05-02-2009, 05:44 PM
The Snowboarder

SimonH is on a distinguished road

Alizee is "bubblegum" pop & if it was in English I would hate her music just as much as any other pop crap.
Old 05-02-2009, 06:30 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
Alizee is "bubblegum" pop & if it was in English I would hate her music just as much as any other pop crap.
No offence intended Simon, but judging from some of your comments, i wonder are you a fan at all?
Old 05-02-2009, 07:55 PM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road

I'm just glad she's coming out with another album of AWSOMENESS!

/me does a happy dance!

Ed

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Old 05-02-2009, 11:06 PM
l´ordre d'Alizée

Tiwaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Quote:
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2>Originally Posted by SimonH
Did you know Chateau Marmont is in her up and coming album.
http://www.bloglounge.net/2009/04/30...ont-retro-70s/

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Some of the following is exerpted from the above web location (via IE8 translate):

Chateau Marmont, retro 70 ' s / 30.04.2009

.... Finally a part of the production of the next album of Alizée (Yes we can dare say and there no shame) and a title - Beagle - on the next House Kitsuné Music 7, the lucky one.

I wonder if they will actually be contributing to her album, or just doing a couple of remixes for her?

And what is with the stern faces - don't these guys know how to smile, or is anger cool these days?

However, in spite of the above comments, I can see why Alizée would partner with them. If done right, there is potential in this collaboration.

...Otherwise the level of your productions is a desire to do a lot of instrumental and thus leave little room to the voice?

Then it is a very good question. We realize that is already easier to topics on the synth lines of singing. It depends on songs that lend. It uses the vocoder because we find that it is a good mixture. On the next Max thought do more chantés pieces. But in any case an estimated be more comfortable on instrumental pieces.

You have some expected remixes?

It just Datarock and Royksopp : the girl & the robot. I am not especially a fan but as that is a little reminiscent of Kylie Minogue which we like much...

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
teah i think alizée neeeed more like Baass. psyyckeddeealsi haaave niiiccee songs but they feel kind of flat. more bass n stuff

<3
Old 05-02-2009, 11:33 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

the techno thing is cool,if someone came up to me and made me listen to techno couple months ago i would have refused it, but right now im being itroduced to it by one of the guys at work. Honestly Hungarian Techno is sick lol.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:01 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Gourmandises and MCE were pretty "bubblegum" (though good), but she started to move away from that with Psychédélices, and it sounds like she plans to even more with this disc (just by being a concept album if nothing else). A major reason for her lack of success in France is the public's failure to perceive this, though, which is probably why Chateau Marmont felt the need to say that.

Tags
2009, album, chateau, marmont