Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 06-12-2010, 11:34 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
Struggling French artist to a baseless artist? Sounds like a bad idea.. just cuz.
It's a promotion since that is showing she is popular in more than one country!

She has several smaller bases, she doesn't need to be a person that fades away because that person only has one base and that base gets old of that person.

Several smaller bases is better since they can expand....one base can only expand so far...
Old 06-12-2010, 11:38 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
It's a promotion since that is showing she is popular in more than one country!

She has several smaller bases, she doesn't need to be a person that fades away because that person only has one base and that base gets old of that person.

Several smaller bases is better since they can expand....one base can only expand so far...
One strong base is much better then several weak and understrength bases.

I'm just saying, Alizée should really try to win the French public back. It's hard to sell your stuff to others if you're not popular in your own territory.

Old 06-12-2010, 11:49 PM

Quote:
One strong base is much better then several weak and understrength bases.

I'm just saying, Alizée should really try to win the French public back. It's hard to sell your stuff to others if you're not popular in your own territory.
Unless she comes out with A Courant Contre and Marre Ai J'en, then she will surely fail. Just like the USA, France and every other country is sexualized in the music field. If it's not visually stimulating and sexy-sounding, it will surely fail. She can't come back in France since they are tired of her new stuff and still focused on the Mylene protegee Alizee...
Old 06-12-2010, 11:52 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

lulz at Marre Ai J'en.

I don't think they can be tired of her new stuff if only about 6000 cds have been bought. Seems more like they've hardly listened to it.

Old 06-12-2010, 11:55 PM

Quote:
lulz at Marre Ai J'en.

I don't think they can be tired of her new stuff if only about 6000 cds have been bought. Seems more like they've hardly listened to it.
And I guess thats what they are trying to fix with this supposed new single coming out Can't wait!!! Her sales will surely double...
Old 06-13-2010, 09:05 AM

Fenris is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
I doubt that something extraordinary will happen there. She won't be popular there in one day. She might get lost in the noise of such a big event. But it would be good to see if it has some effect on the people. If she can do something to remember it would be good for her. It's sad to see that France is ignoring such an artist. If her situation doesn't improve in France and Europe, then she would certainly need new areas.

These places have 1/3rd of world population, but success of a French artist is very difficult there. Her concert is an opportunity to take the advantage of spark of Expo. Only time will tell that how much this turns out to be big for her. She just might end up there by just earning some good money and that's all. I really don't have any expectation from there. But we really hope best her as indicated by the words of Fenris. I must say that you see things in positive ways.
Ofc you are right, MA, i don't really expect some major breakthrough in Asia just because of one concert.
As i said, it all depends on how good the show is and if she manages to stand out from the crowd.
If so, it may be a first step of some regained popularity in Asia, nothing more.

Maybe the people in Asia will be more open to her new music style than the french with their Lolita-prejudices.
Time will tell.

Old 06-13-2010, 04:57 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

When I read about the Shanghai thing, I also thought "Why?" but I remembered that she also went to Japan, Korea, and Russia and did some stuff there. It's not really big news for her to go into new territory, she's done it before. Let's just hope it works out like it did in Mexico.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:53 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
We won't resolve this, so I say we promote her to International artist just because...
But she wants to be thought of as a French artist!
Old 06-24-2010, 03:07 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Wink Shangai Lili

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRO87 View Post
too bad that Shanghai is so far away... I just hope she won't perform in front of people who don't even know her...
She will NOT be the first Lili in Shanghai! That honor goes to the eternal Marlene!

It took more than one man to change my name to Shanghai Lili, purrs Marlene Dietrich in the 1932 film Shanghai Express.

See

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 06-24-2010 at 07:53 PM..

Tags
alizee, l6/9, nrj