Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-24-2007, 04:03 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Ah, now I begin to get the reference to Alizée's own life/career, and how she might relate to the story of Edie, even though superficially they are very different.
Yeah, I've been getting impression too. Actually I thought the possibility of that meaning behind the lyrics was fairly clear. Also, why would this song be chosen for her return if it didn't have at least some message regarding either her past or the nature of her return?
Old 08-24-2007, 04:34 PM
Francophile!:D

Tye is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHollister View Post
Yeah, I've been getting impression too. Actually I thought the possibility of that meaning behind the lyrics was fairly clear. Also, why would this song be chosen for her return if it didn't have at least some message regarding either her past or the nature of her return?
Yeah, but Edie was a lot worse off than Lili. She was addicted to drugs and alcohol. How does she relate to Lili? Obviously they relate in some way and I am just missing it, but could someone help me understand the connection?
Old 08-24-2007, 04:35 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tye View Post
Yeah, but Edie was a lot worse off than Lili. She was addicted to drugs and alcohol. How does she relate to Lili? Oviously they relate in some way and I am just missing it, but could someone help me understand the connection?
It's not the drugs part, it's how Andy Warhol promised her fame and fortune. She got it for a short time, but not long after became forgotten. The same thing happened with Mylène Farmer and Alizée.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:40 PM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

i think it is really cool she has some english mixed in there
Old 08-24-2007, 04:48 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by espire View Post
It's not the drugs part, it's how Andy Warhol promised her fame and fortune. She got it for a short time, but not long after became forgotten. The same thing happened with Mylène Farmer and Alizée.
Also the fact that she started so very young, at (ahem) 16 (and who else did that? Who else could be described by "pretty sixteen"?), and had a truly meteoric rise that wasn't really under her control, and was never quite real for her.

Edie had a lot more trauma in her career than Alizée, not just because of drugs but for other reasons as well. After leaving Andy Warhol, she developed an enormous crush on Bob Dylan, who didn't tell her that he'd recently gotten married. (Warhol seems to have told her that.) So her love life was much worse than Alizée's has been. (Or so I assume.) She was really too young for the life of stardom.

It may be that Edie represents the life path that Alizée sampled, and then rejected, settling down and allowing herself to mature and become stronger before resuming her career in a way that she can control better, being an adult now with a stronger emotional base. In part, this song may be a rather cryptic explanation for her long absence.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 08-24-2007, 04:49 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Right, that's great! I'm going to eventually adapt that and stick it in the thread I'm making right now. Thanks, Deepwaters!
Old 08-24-2007, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Also the fact that she started so very young, at (ahem) 16 (and who else did that? Who else could be described by "pretty sixteen"?), and had a truly meteoric rise that wasn't really under her control, and was never quite real for her.

Edie had a lot more trauma in her career than Alizée, not just because of drugs but for other reasons as well. After leaving Andy Warhol, she developed an enormous crush on Bob Dylan, who didn't tell her that he'd recently gotten married. (Warhol seems to have told her that.) So her love life was much worse than Alizée's has been. (Or so I assume.) She was really too young for the life of stardom.

It may be that Edie represents the life path that Alizée sampled, and then rejected, settling down and allowing herself to mature and become stronger before resuming her career in a way that she can control better, being an adult now with a stronger emotional base. In part, this song may be a rather cryptic explanation for her long absence.
I had completely forgotten that Edie started at 16. It is sad how she lost control of her life.

I am glad that Lili didn't allow this to happen. I, also, like the idea that this song could be Lili's cryptic explanation for her long absence.

Last edited by Tye; 08-24-2007 at 05:02 PM..
Old 08-24-2007, 05:07 PM
Un-rêve

Quote:
Originally Posted by espire View Post
Quote:

Edie had a lot more trauma in her career than Alizée, not just because of drugs but for other reasons as well.
Yeah showbuissness sucks! They make you just to break you.
Alizée is stronger and better than that, she will never fail!
Old 08-24-2007, 05:32 PM

Hollywood can be a b*tch! This is one reason why I am glad Lili is a singer and not a movie star. Hollywood would have tried to grab her, suck her dry, and toss her to the media vultures when they were finished. Lili needs to stay as far way from Hollywood as possible. As much as I love films, I can't stand the process behind it and I sure can't stand Hollywood. I think Lili mentioned she would like to maybe act at some point, but I hope it is a French film, and not a Hollywood film. If it's Hollywood and they get their greedy little hands on her there is no telling what would happen. I know Lili is strong, but a lot of screwed up crapt happens to a lot of good people when they get involved in Hollywood.

Last edited by Tye; 08-24-2007 at 05:40 PM..
Old 08-24-2007, 06:22 PM

Calisto is on a distinguished road

Ooo there is a longer clip now? I always miss these things when im at work. If it is still available could someone send it to me?