Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-25-2007, 12:08 AM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post
A-USA, or AUS for short?
yeah, AUS is pretty good. kinda like Australia, but i don't think there is an aussie site "yet"

edit: maybe ausa is best?

damn all this alliteration!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I tried google.fr and this site came up on page 7 for Alizee and page 8 for Alizée. Both were a link to play a JEAM video.
yeah that was kinda my point, we aren't very ranked on google.fr.

google.com search term "alizee" we are like #5 i think

Last edited by brad; 08-25-2007 at 12:13 AM..
Old 08-25-2007, 12:14 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad View Post
yeah, AUS is pretty good. kinda like Australia, but i don't think there is an aussie site "yet"

edit: maybe ausa is best?

damn all this alliteration!

yeah that was kinda my point, we aren't very ranked on google.fr.

google.com search term "alizee" we are like #5 i think
I just did that search and we showed up on page #4 about l'important c'est d'aimer. By the way: moi-alizee.us = mau?

Merci Fanny
Old 08-25-2007, 12:21 AM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Some legal observations (IANAL)

1. The YouTube message is probably not official, and might be seen as more of an offense than the sharing it targets. I can't fathom a lawyer representing the copyright owner explicitly granting recipients free use of a clip obtained via illegal means. Go back and look at the words. It explicitly ALLOWS everyone that has it to listen to it for own use. IANAL, but if I were, I would focus exclusively on the transmitters and not grant listening rights to the recipients (even if such rights might exist under law).

2. The engagement of a board owner by a copyright owner makes sense, especially if the site allows links to illegal content. Brad is ahead of the legal curve by eliminating such links from this site. Please note that even if the copyright owner doesn't mind about the 20 second clip, their failure to exercise their rights for the 20 second clip jeopardizes their ability to hold back the full clip. Thus, from a link standpoint, if I were advising (IANAL) a copyright owner on a course of action, it would be to eliminate all links to the content regardless of length. Of course, once the full length is officially released, I would not bother about links to 30 sec or less clips.

IANAL.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:40 AM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Quote:
go to google.fr and try
OK, it doesn't show up till the fourth page there. But it shows up on the second page if you search for sites in "Anglais" and of course #1 for "alizee america". I'm sure the 6-figure cease-and-desist lawyers at Sony/BMG know how to bust a move with the search engines in any case
Old 08-25-2007, 01:00 AM

By the way, while it lasts you can actually get Alizée en Concert DVD on Amazon.com (not .fr) for $14. Anyway...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tye View Post
Yeah, but Edie was a lot worse off than Lili. She was addicted to drugs and alcohol. How does she relate to Lili? Obviously they relate in some way and I am just missing it, but could someone help me understand the connection?
Wow, from what everyone says and the more I find out about this song, the more interesting and meaningful it becomes.
So, she says that Edie was foolish to believe in Andy. So, if this speaks of Alizée's thoughts, she might be indicating that she kept her head on straight, as they say, and didn't allow herself to completely trust the fame and fortune.

As far as drugs go, one theory I have is that many of these young singers and actresses (Lindsey Lohan, Britney Spears, etc.) are too overwhelmed by it all and while they may believe for a time that they're the greatest thing ever - that opinion being bulstered by the people around them, they inevitably end up worrying about whether all the praise is really deserved. Dealing with all these emotions amoungst an exhausting roller coaster of success must be very difficult if one does not maintain a certain level of detachment from certain things (even then). I think the appeal of people who take drugs and party all the time is that they appear to be really relaxed and accepting at first. If the "star" in question does not find a healthy way to deal with this situation and might I add, all the power they undoubtedly gain, they turn to party loving, drug loving slobs as I've just described, and become one of them. So, maybe Alizée is saying that while she knows how great she is (I hope) she also thinks sensibly about things and has a more realistic take on the situation. Anyway, that's what I've come to expect from Lili.

Regarding requesting cessation: I agree that Alizée or her officials can and should just ask for links/sharing to stop in some situations or for other questionable things to stop, though I don't know how anyone verifies the contacts. But, I think it is not good to always take that position. I think it would be dangerous for Alizée to get into a position of always having to ask everyone or every site to not do some specific thing. It might even get to the point where people do stuff just to try to invoke a contact by her. Having to constantly monitor what everyone is doing and ask them to stop any time something objectionable happens is rediculous. She has better things to be doing, for one thing (of course there are others to do that, but people start asking for her to comment). There is a point where people must define decency for themselves and then hold to it without comment by others. I'm just making a point, not directing that at anyone in particular.

Merci Fanny
Old 08-25-2007, 01:16 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
As far as drugs go, one theory I have is that many of these young singers and actresses (Lindsey Lohan, Britney Spears, etc.) are too overwhelmed by it all and while they may believe for a time that they're the greatest thing ever - that opinion being bulstered by the people around them, they inevitably end up worrying about whether all the praise is really deserved.
And I think that goes back to the level of maturity needed to handle fame. And why I believe Alizée was very very wise to take time off and grow up. I don't know that she would be susceptible to drugs per se, but if it wasn't that it would be something else, some form of self-destruction. This is a good thing she's done.

I'll say this, too, I have been starving for her new music all year, even though unlike some here I only discovered her eight months ago. I knew those songs I'd been listening to were old, and that she was a different person now. I wanted music from the adult I knew she was, not from the teenager she used to be. I am so very, very psyched.

Quote:
There is a point where people must define decency for themselves and then hold to it without comment by others.
Of course. The problem here is that "decency" is a matter of some judgment and evidently of some dispute. We are talking about, at most, a 1-minute segment of a song that will probably be around 4 minutes long, maybe a bit less, maybe a bit more. My own sense of decency says: treat this like advertising, like a teaser trailer from an upcoming movie. I'd feel completely differently if we were talking about the entire song being leaked.

There is only one reason why I would do differently, and that is if I found Alizée -- not her legal team, mind, but Alizée herself, or someone who I felt could represent her on an emotional level -- asking that. Legally, there is no way to make this request, of course, because it's unenforceable. But personally, if she asked to deep-six these teasers, I'd not only comply but delete my own copies. After arguing with her, that is. Because I am still of the opinion that this is good advertising and she'd be wrong.

But it's her song, and if she insists on being stupid about it, that's her call.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716

Last edited by Deepwaters; 08-25-2007 at 01:20 AM..
Old 08-25-2007, 01:52 AM
Platinum Member

rwd716 is on a distinguished road

Yall r really nerding this out, lol.
Old 08-25-2007, 02:11 AM
Breathe in. Breathe out.

SupaKrupa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
off topic a little, but i have seen a lot of people use the initials AA for our site, but that is Alizee Alliance.

we need some other initials ... lol

ok, back on topic
I call this AAus and Alliance AAfr.

Tu es l'envie du monde
Old 08-25-2007, 02:14 AM

Boccob is on a distinguished road

Wow, just found out about this and heard the clip. Best news I've had all week. I have the biggest grin on my face right now! lol

As for Alizee being more grounded and mature than Lohan, Spears, et al, I think it has a lot to do with the fact that she got married young. While Spears did the same, she didn't adjust her lifestyle the way Alizee did. Our girl devoted herself to her family, set her priorities in order, and thus avoided the self-destruct mode many of these other celebs seem so hell-bent on.
-B
Old 08-25-2007, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boccob View Post
Wow, just found out about this and heard the clip. Best news I've had all week. I have the biggest grin on my face right now! lol

As for Alizee being more grounded and mature than Lohan, Spears, et al, I think it has a lot to do with the fact that she got married young. While Spears did the same, she didn't adjust her lifestyle the way Alizee did. Our girl devoted herself to her family, set her priorities in order, and thus avoided the self-destruct mode many of these other celebs seem so hell-bent on.
-B
I don't know. I actually think that in various ways she just got lucky, and I don't really know much about her personal life, except what we are now going to be guessing on some more with the new material. The marriage was supposedly on a whim, or so it was described in that interview with Jeremy. For all I know, getting pregnant was a total accident. I don't actually think it helped her career any, except that perhaps it did indeed help stabilize and re-ground her (hopefully). But, beyond all that, I still get the impression that as far as going crazy, there's always been something different about her. I get the impression that she's always been kind of reserved and that just never really changed. That sort of personality trait may have made all the difference, rather than some intentional life style affirming decision. Does any of that make any sense?

Merci Fanny