Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 09-08-2014, 10:58 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
Just saw this from her Twitter- maybe there's still hope?

"Comme vous, je suis triste, mais ce n'est que partie remise... Je vous donne rendez, vous très vite pour vous aviser une super nouvelle."

So, she's telling us that it's just a postponement, and she'll have great news soon. Hmm. Maybe there's still a possibility for a tour, if maybe just a condensed one? Maybe in Aggacio?
Well a year ago, things looked pretty bleak as far as her singing career and then she pulled one out of her hat with DALS. Things couldn't look much bleaker than they do now, but hopefully the show will go on. I certainly hope it's not a case as someone had mentioned, where they reschedule it, then cancel it again as with her concert at the Rex. If tickets aren't selling well now, there not going to sell any better a few months from now, unless they come up with some effective promotion; not like what they did with Blonde. But hopefully Cheyenne productions and Gilbert Coullier productions will still be involved in this in which case I feel much more optimistic about it's chances for success. I think they'd quickly walk away from this unless they were very certain that it will happen. So it will be interesting to see what they have planned and more importantly "who" is planning it.

She should come out with an explanation as soon as she can, before too many of her fans get fed up and walk away.

I also hope if it's rescheduled, it doesn't coincide with the Les Enfoires shows. That show always brings out the best of her appearance and song wise and I'd hate to see her miss a second straight year.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 09-08-2014 at 11:04 AM..
Old 09-08-2014, 11:15 AM

Lucas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
She should come out with an explanation as soon as she can, before too many of her fans get fed up and walk away.

I also hope if it's rescheduled...
C'est trop tard... fans are fed up, just go to Alizée-France and you will see it. And not only there. We waited really an explanation, and not just two sentences about nothing. An if it would be rescheduled, I would like to see who would buy a ticket for it again. 7 years waiting for a chance, half year waiting for coming tour, and AGAIN disappointment.
Old 09-08-2014, 12:21 PM
Senior Moment

P♠N is on a distinguished road

Quote:
But hopefully Cheyenne productions and Gilbert Coullier productions will still be involved in this in which case I feel much more optimistic about it's chances for success.
We can count the artists who are able to fill the Zeniths on just one hand. The Blonde Tour was more ambitious than the tours of other artists who have won a similar talent show in recent years in France. The previous DALS winner Emmanuel Moire had much smaller venues and fewer concerts. Same with Brahim Zaibat's tour. Even the whole(!) Danse avec les stars tour had fewer cities than Alizée's tour.

And we are not talking about a small percentage here. We are talking about 40/60. The other artists managed to fill 40% of the seats of the Blonde tour.

This was a phenomenal phuck up by this production team.
Old 09-08-2014, 04:39 PM

It had to be a big phuck up. When they first announced this tour, what did they think was going to be the big draw? Did they think her dancing alone would fill up these theaters or were they counting on the success of Blonde to add to that? Given her track record, counting on the success of an album seems like it was a very foolish thing to do. Sony was rushing the album. They couldn't get it right when they had all the time in the world yet they thought they could rush one out. Couldn't they have waited to see the early returns on Blonde before booking these shows? It's yet another sad chapter in a career that has had too many since she left MF.

Hopefully something will come out of this and when it does, I will still be there.

At least until an official reason is announced, we get to do a lot of speculating!

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 09-08-2014 at 04:48 PM..
Old 09-08-2014, 07:01 PM

As I mentioned the subject of speculation in my last post and it is interesting to speculate as to why, there have been other thoughts going through my head. The show at the Olympia was doing well as far as ticket sales and the one in Marseille seemed to be a sure thing too. Now because of some web sites, it was very difficult to tell exactly how a lot of theaters were doing, but I'd think for sure, ticket wise, 4 or 5 shows would have filled up.

The question is, could they have cancelled the other shows and let just these shows take place? That's almost impossible to figure out unless you know what their economics are. Maybe having a show one week and another show a week later, then another one a week later wouldn't be financially feasable for them, but outside of Alizee, it seemed like there were no other big names involved in this so you wouldn't think such would be the case but who knows?
But her latest statement has me wondering.

"Like you I am sad, but it is only a postponement... I'll see you very soon to announce some great news".

She said a postponement and I do trust her. Maybe she's living in a fantasy world and expects the impossible to happen, but I will keep the faith; only for her. So what would cause a postponement? Well she said "great news" and what would be the greatest news to somone who is so family oriented? Of course it would be a baby. If that's the case, when the tour was announced, the bun was probably in the oven, but I doubt if she knew it yet. If it is a baby, it will be interesting to see when it is born and then we will be able to figure out who knew what and when.

I also speculated on the idea that maybe someway they found a way for her to be involved in this years DALS; afterall, Gregoire will be in it! Now if ticket sales for the tour were doing great, that would never be a consideration for them, but with ticket sales so, so, maybe it became an option. Build up her popularity again. Maybe promote some of the better songs of Blonde.
Cancelling a tour seems like a big deal for us and it is, but for the average person in France, it's probably a minor inconvienence. They just have to go downtown one day and get a refund or exchange their tickets. As for us, outside of France, as usual, we are an afterthought. Fans who have been so loyal over the years are a minor condsideration. When they post a video, it's not available to us.When they cancel a concert or a tour little consideration is given to those who have spent money on unrefundable hotel reservations and plane tickets that most of her outside fans can ill afford to lose.

I guess it's all a part of being a fan of Alizee.

We know the risks. If another tour is announced, we will again make reservations because at least to me, no one can ever take the place of Alizée.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:48 PM

battousai is on a distinguished road

Quote:

We know the risks. If another tour is announced, we will again make reservations because at least to me, no one can ever take the place of Alizée.
I couldn't agree with you more scruffy.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:18 PM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
If that's the case, when the tour was announced, the bun was probably in the oven, but I doubt if she knew it yet.
While I'm now a supporter of the "she-might-be-pregnant"-theory (I couldn't really believe it when someone of the German fans started to speculate about it - but her message sounds "too happy" for someone who had to cancel a tour and what would be so important to cancel the tour and would make her so happy the same time? A baby could be a legit reason. Or maybe I'm just hoping that she's pregnant because it's the only reason I would except without still being disappointed) this is totally impossible.

When the tour was announced it was in Mid-May. If she would have been pregnant in May she would be - at least - four months pregnant by now which is impossible because someone posted a photo of her - taken on Sunday. She doesn't look pregnant at all. And at least in July (if I'm not totally wrong) she was still talking about the tour. So - IF she is pregnant - my theory is that she just go the news and decided to cancel because of this. So she might be only two months pregnant. I doubt she would wait four months to decide if she goes on tour with a big belly or not.

Quote:
I also speculated on the idea that maybe someway they found a way for her to be involved in this years DALS; afterall, Gregoire will be in it!
Well that's an interesting theory but I highly doubt it because it would have been announced by now. The news season will start soon so why wait?

Quote:
Cancelling a tour seems like a big deal for us and it is, but for the average person in France, it's probably a minor inconvienence.
Well that doesn't change it that people make plans and maybe not all of them live where she wanted to do a concert. They are as upset and annoyed (and pissed) like we are. And Alizée needs her French fans to sell albums because they go to the stores and buy them. These sells matter for French charts and not ours via internet. She just cancelled a tour and who knows how many of her fans are leaving her now? And next time she'll sell even less albums. It doesn't matter where you come from. It does matter how you feel about this and how you react. And when you are sad and disappointed and angry about this sudden postponement you can do two things when you have calmed down a bit - either you resign and accept it and go on and are still her fan or you resign and give up all hope and leave Alizée behind and concentrate on other artists.

Quote:
Well that's true.

Quote:
We know the risks. If another tour is announced, we will again make reservations...
I'm not so sure if I would risk it next time, it will depend on my schedule and how I'll feel about it. And I still don't believe that it's actually going to happen.

Quote:
because at least to me, no one can ever take the place of Alizée.
Same here. And that's why I will always forgive her, what ever she's doing and how much it hurts. I just can't imagine my life without her. She's part of my life for 11 years now and leaving her would be like removing a part of myself, my entire reason to be. A friend of mine said that he couldn't imagine me without Alizée. So neither can I... even if it's rather sad if you think about it. What would be left of me if I would decide to leave her after all? Not much... It would be impossible anyway because I made so many friends because of her and I couldn't leave them too so Alizée would be "around" anyway... and I would go back to her after all because deep inside I just couldn't let go even if I tried... never mind...
Old 09-09-2014, 01:33 PM

Lucas is on a distinguished road

No one can ever take the place of Alizée, for now. Cause with new disappointments the other artists are not far away to reach her place.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:50 PM
Senior Moment

P♠N is on a distinguished road

On Sony's page we can see that they have canceled most of the dates.
But not all of them.
Why not?
Most of the dates that remain are after DALS5.

Could it be Alizée doesn't want to perform without Gregoire, so she only decided to leave the dates where they could perform together? People pay for the ticket and want to see their dances. Wouldn't be fair if some of the audience will only get half the show.
Is this why she seems happy and talks about "super news"?
The most important question is: Why has Sony not cancelled ALL of the dates?

What do you think? Meanwhile, this will keep me busy:

Old 09-09-2014, 02:04 PM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by P♠N View Post
On Sony's page we can see that they have canceled most of the dates.
But not all of them.
Why not?
Most of the dates that remain are after DALS5.

Could it be Alizée doesn't want to perform without Gregoire, so she only decided to leave the dates where they could perform together? People pay for the ticket and want to see their dances. Wouldn't be fair if some of the audience will only get half the show.
Is this why she seems happy and talks about "super news"?
The most important question is: Why has Sony not cancelled ALL of the dates?
Maybe by mistake? When Coullier Productions announced on Twitter that the tour is postponed and then someone asked they replied that this applies to all the dates. Also postponing the Tour because of Grégoire being not able to attend - I highly doubt it. She knew DALS5 would happen, it's not like it just appeared out of the sudden. There's no proof that Grégoire would have been involved in the tour - well there's also no proof against it - I'm sure she could have managed without him. There are enough dancers available.

Tags
alizee, blonde, olympia, tour