Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-02-2008, 01:24 AM
Choosy moms choose Tchaikovsky

Tchaikovsky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post
Anyway, this topic comes up now and again. Of course JEAM has a strong theme of masturbation, though it always bothers me when people focus on that to the detriment of the other meanings.

For example, saying one feels like "a goldfish in a bowl" is a way of expressing lack of privacy, often in the celebrity sense. This is another symbolic meaning of the goldfish, especially in the music video

Did Alizée realize all this? I'd like to think so, she's not slow. And if anything her answers on FunTV say to me that she knew exactly why the host was asking, and was playing coy.
No...no...That's not true!! That's impossible!!!!

Old 10-02-2008, 02:25 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Search your feelings. You know this to be true...

(Get a haircut...!)
Old 10-02-2008, 02:28 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
I have been trying unsuccessfully to find an old thread on this topic. In that thread, a girl from France said that Alizée in fact did not know as much as you might think, and had told a younger female relative of hers (who sat next to this girl in class) this. Although there was some debate on this, I found the story to be plausable.

I believe Alizée told the girl this. The only debate in my mind was why. At the time I came up with two possibilities: 1) The girl was naive and Alizée wanted to give her the ability to deny it to her classmates, or 2) she really did not know some of the detail (as in perhaps Mylene didn't tell her the entire meaning).

I leave it to you to decide which.
I certainly remember that discussion. I think some people have tried too hard to find sexual innuendo. Sure, there is some obviously but I don't think it's that big of a deal. Maybe all those unnecessary extra meanings are what Alizée hadn't thought about until someone told her. I would like to have known her back then. Or now. Or anytime.
Hey, ultra sexy, cuter than a button, beautiful voice, innocent in mind and action, happy, confident, hard working, talented, optimistic yet accepting of the world as it is ... what was it that drew me to Alizée?

Merci Fanny
Old 10-02-2008, 06:50 AM
recovering alizée addict

dreamer is on a distinguished road

This thread is hilarious. Some people take this too seriously (edgar93). What's the big deal if she knew? As has already been pointed out it's just one of many possible interpretations and I'm sure Alizée realized this as well. It's not in-your-face-type vulgarity but subtle, playful innuendo and that's 100% ok in my view.

Oh, ouuiiii! (sorry, couldn't resist)

*Edit*:

http://moi-alizee.us/play/?v=11

Look closely at the guitarists at 2:30 (you'll probably have to download a high quality version to see it). He does that again, in another performance (M6), which leaves two possibilities: He was cocky/didn't care if he was fired or Mylene specifically instructed them to act this way. Now why could that be?

Last edited by dreamer; 10-02-2008 at 07:01 AM..
Old 10-02-2008, 08:11 AM
Choosy moms choose Tchaikovsky

Tchaikovsky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
*Edit*:

http://moi-alizee.us/play/?v=11

Look closely at the guitarists at 2:30 (you'll probably have to download a high quality version to see it). He does that again, in another performance (M6), which leaves two possibilities: He was cocky/didn't care if he was fired or Mylene specifically instructed them to act this way. Now why could that be?
I don't know..It looks like he says something? I can't tell.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:38 AM
recovering alizée addict

dreamer is on a distinguished road

Well, he says "oh oui" with a big smile on his face and the other one cracks up. Make of that what you will...
Old 10-03-2008, 07:08 PM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

Yeah I think she knew the theme's behind the song and I think even if she did know them she would have sung the song. I mean Mylene and Espire () had just made her a hit in France with Moi Lolita and her first album and now she wanted her to sing a suggestive song on the next album, so what! This is Mylene Farmer and she started your career not to mention is writing your next album which will probably be a big hit too. It is a great sounding song with some mysterious and suggestive theme's, Mylene is know for that. Who would pass up a opportunity like that? Alizée felt she wasn't sacrificing her dignity or image to do the dancing or sing the song, she doesn't mind being sexy. As implied by, "In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." I would also imagine there could have been a contract of some kind still in effect from the Gourmandises era.

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!
Old 10-03-2008, 07:49 PM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

Masturbate to Alizée?
Jenna Jameson maybe but Alizée?
Does-not-compute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
Damn you made me watch it again, took me 2 tries to remember to look for the 'thing'.

I had always wondered why they were there, two guitarists Namely doing nothing but standing there, and why two of them? I feelt that this was very poor for being a performance created by Mylene herself. But this is ofcourse part of the plan. They represent the beholders of the 'fishbowl', it's all part of the whole play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chommpers View Post
I would also imagine there could have been a contract of some kind still in effect from the Gourmandises era.
What do you mean?
A contract saying "You must perform a seductive dance for atleast one track of the following album" ?

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!
Old 10-03-2008, 07:58 PM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomtentp View Post
What do you mean?
A contract saying "You must perform a seductive dance for atleast one track of the following album" ?
No, not exactly, more along the lines that they have Alizée and her image for the next so many years or 2 albums as far as image and music career.

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!
Old 10-03-2008, 09:00 PM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

and those 2 guys are always dressed up red with black pants.

Ad they dont stop looking at her ass at all time