Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-09-2007, 10:55 PM
Corsican beauty

Ange is on a distinguished road

maybe she sang it higher because she was so nervous. being nervous makes one's voice high.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:57 PM
Corsican beauty

Ange is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack -Alizee Lover- View Post
It never was.
Tell me one song that you find wierd in her last 2 albums.
abracadabra
and
youpidu
Old 12-09-2007, 11:35 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ange View Post
maybe she sang it higher because she was so nervous. being nervous makes one's voice high.
No, the whole musical arrangement was played in a higher key. It had to have been planned that way.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:13 AM
Mon Truck Driver

JCC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippe View Post
merci pour la bienvenue

don't hesitate if you need some help in french and if you wanna know other french artists , I can share what I have
cya
Welcome, Philippe!

Quick question.. Is Jenifer Bartoli a popular music artist in France? After listening to Alizee's music now for almost 2yrs, i've grown more open to listening to other types of music...and become hooked on Jenifer's music too. Just curious to see what the french think of Jen
Old 12-10-2007, 02:55 AM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippe View Post
Really curious to know how some American people discovered her
Discovered Alizée on Youtube. Yeah, good looking...but the voice was lovely. And yes, Mylene's lyrics are great and Laurent's compositions are also great. I'm now a Mylene fan too! Great songs. Great voices. Great lyrics. Great compositions. Lovely.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:37 AM

Philippe is on a distinguished road
Default jenifer

oh yes Jenifer is very popular here, she was the first winner of star academy , very few became popular after that show , except Emma Daumas , Nolwenn Leroy and Gregory Lemarchal ( but he unfortunately died this year) . My favourite Jenifer song is Au soleil
Do you know Zazie? She rocks !
Old 12-10-2007, 06:59 AM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

Having viewed the live Concert DVD and heard her do the studio work, it is quite evident that she can not only sing, but dance very well.
I never judge a person by a single performance. It is the consistancy over time that you will come to see whether or not a person is good.
As for her being nervous or not singing quite as well as you might personally hope to hear from her, when a young woman such as Alizée goes out on her own, spends her own money, and makes her own connections to make an album, of course you might be nervous. Look at the investment in time, money and how it might affect your future career!
She has steel balls for being able to do all that she has done at such a young age. Do you think other famous writers and players in the business would do all the work for her that they have, if they did not feel she had the ability to make it all happen on her own with this third album? Remember, that these are people who get calls from singers and performers all the time, so they can pick and choose for whom they wish to work. The woman knows her shit very well and is more then competant.

having played professionally for 52+ years at this point, I have seen and heard a lot and realize that you cannot judge a person based on one or even a couple of performances, unless you take into account what the circumstances of those performances are.

I just watchd the M6 video of Alizée singing with a white man and a black man. I don't know if this is the video being referred too, but she sang as well if not better then most performers do live in a concert. If you think Alizée is not a good enough singer, you should hear some of the so-called "talent" being signed today in america. They need pitch correction machines in the studio to get a decent take of their performance. Live...forget about it! They shouldn't be allowed to perform live!

Alizée has got it all going for her.

Last edited by C-4; 12-10-2007 at 07:20 AM..
Old 12-10-2007, 08:38 AM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

C-4, people are referring more to the mademoiselle juliette performance she did after that moi lolita you're talking about. please watch it and then come back to this conversation and it might make more sense.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:04 AM
turn it up! :D

Urb4n is on a distinguished road

I think she sings everything just fine. One video is hardly a good basis on which you can have any sort of serious doubt. Probably an off-day. Stuff happens.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:54 PM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyamigo View Post
C-4, people are referring more to the mademoiselle juliette performance she did after that moi lolita you're talking about. please watch it and then come back to this conversation and it might make more sense.
I went back and listened and watched the video you are refering too.
It is only my thoughts, but she possibly came out cold and just sang and danced to the performance without much of a warm up. I thought the other singer was just average, and possibly had gitters, herself. Most singers that I have seen, even if they have warmed up off stage prior to performing, need a couple of songs to get into the groove of their performance.

Additionally, this is a new routine, and while I'm sure it has been rehearsed to death, ask most performers and they will tell you that until the actual performance has been done on stage for a few nights repeatedly, they might be thinking a bit about it while performing until it becomes second nature in front of an audience. I thought the routine went off beautifully, smoothly and without any perceived flaws.

This could also be live T.V. or at least filmed in front of a live audience. There are stage gitters that grip most every performer, especially when they are the entire reason the performance is being done. Remember that when you are used to listening to a studio version of a song, anything that does not copy that exactly when done live, will draw your attention. This is the case with most everyone, with but a few exceptions.

As a side note, Paul McCartney was doing "Yesterday" with his band, Wings, several years ago in front of a massive audience. He actually drew a blank and could not remember the words! This stuff happens to the best performers. I also read that Alizée, as most performers, does get a bit of stage gitters prior to performing until the performance gets going, so this would account for any imperfections you might have picked up.

She still gets my vote as the most special person out there, bar none.
Stephen

Last edited by C-4; 12-10-2007 at 01:07 PM..