Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 02-28-2007, 11:40 AM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road
Red face On Being a "FAN" or a fan

Ok, this is something that i've thought about quite a bit. For the longest time (since my early 20's) i've liked various music, groups, singers and whatnot, but I havn't really been a fan. The thread on "what would you do if you saw Alizée walking down the street in your city" got me thinking.

When i started to consider the idea (however EXTREMELY remote) that I might actually see Alizée in person, I found myself having a reaction! (No, not THAT reaction!) While i was typing away, I realized that my pulse had speeded up! Nothing more than that, but i was surprised indeed!

I've always found the "capital F" fans (FANS) to be somewhat of a mystery to me. I have liked a very diverse group of musicians/artists over the years, everything from Simon and Garfunkel to Heart, to the Pretenders, Def Leppard, Patty Smyth and Devo (literally dozens more, but you get my point). I liked their music, and looked forward to a new album, but that was it really. I never tried to find out anything more about them other than when the next album/song was coming out, and concert dates. I didn't need to know anything about their home life, I honestly didn't care. I certainly never felt the need to visit fan sites (although to be honest, the "intra-web" didn't exist as such then...).

With Lili, I can watch "Stars e' Domicile - 2003" over and over, and every time she walks in the door and Jessica sees her, I get all misty-eyed! I can just imagine that moment of SHOCK, delight, awe, shyness - the whole thing! At other times i watch "La Isla Bonita" and fall into her eyes. This has never happened to me before, at all, ever.

I find myself amused at myself! Here is a 46 yr. old guy, happily married, with 2 step-children (16 son and 22 daughter) 4 dogs, 2 horses, a good job, many good friends - and i'm visiting a fan site at least 2 or 3 or 4 times a week, looking for news about a singer in France! Sometimes i step outside myself and go "self? are you nuts?!?" And my answer is "I don't think so..."

My daughter is getting married in June, and at the end of June (as a wedding gift) my family with daughter's new hubbie are traveling to Wales (England) to visit friends. I keep hoping that Alizée comes out with an album before then, and that she happens to have concerts scheduled about then, so that maybe i could go cross-channel and see her. I don't think my wife would mind, she might pick on me mercilessly, but I think she would let me go. I just find this very strange for me...

Do you guys/gals feel sometimes the same way? Surprised at your reactions to this woman? Is this just a function of the fact that the Internet exists now, where 25 years ago, it didn't for me?

Do I need counseling?

I'm interested to hear your thoughts!

Ed

Last edited by Edcognito; 02-28-2007 at 11:42 AM.. Reason: typo's and spelling
Old 02-28-2007, 01:10 PM

zpa is on a distinguished road

I have the EXACT same feelings. I've also been surprised by my own reactions a number of times. I actually slapped myself in the face and went like; "C'mon man, PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER!!"
Old 02-28-2007, 01:39 PM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

I am married to a truly beautiful woman, both inside and out..probably very similar in most ways to Alizée in fact.
I get really excited to listen to Alizée every day and I get similar reactions when she enters the door singing to Jessica as well.

Many of us here are like that. I used to love other rock groups but my reaction to their music was similar to yours.

However, I have never been struck with such FAN mania as I am with Alizée. She lives a truly conservative life in a good way and is an ideal role model for us all to follow.

Her voice, her smile, all of her physical attributes, plus her way of acting and thinking make her just perfect as a person. I truly feel that she is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen anywhere on this earth, but she also has the talent, brains, and attitude to go with that! What else could anyone ask for?!

You fall right in with the rest of us here. Welcome, and be proud to be part of the group. Believe me when I tell you that you are not nearly alone here.

Last edited by C-4; 02-28-2007 at 01:42 PM..
Old 02-28-2007, 02:29 PM
Iron and Silk

atra201 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edcognito View Post
The thread on "what would you do if you saw Alizée walking down the street in your city" got me thinking.

Ed
yeah, wasn't that a very long name for a thread?

"Such a shame to believe in escape
A life on every face
And that's a change, till I'm finally left with an eight
Tell me to react, I just stare
Maybe I don't know if I should change
A feeling that we share...
It's a shame
(Such a shame)
Number me with rage, it's a shame
(Such a shame)
Number me in haste, it's a shame
This eagerness to change
It's a shame..."
Old 02-28-2007, 02:48 PM

Kretgar is on a distinguished road
Default Yep...yep....yep

Edcognito, you're not alone, and not even in your age group.

I'm 46 as well, married to the girl I fell in love with at age *12*, with three grown kids, two grandchildren and currently in a 17 month program to be a control room operator at a nuclear power plant.

I have been a nuclear trained submarine sailor, an environmental manager of a chemical manufacturing plant, and even a door to door salesman.

Never in my life did I think I would become infatuated with a young singer from FRANCE at my age.

Just so you know, it's a long ride back to some normality once you've fallen under her spell. But I can fill you in - while *I've* regained some composure, I still come to this site many times each week and get my "fix".
I still find Alizée absolutely fascinating, with such great vocal talent and personality.

Don't worry. You still love your wife. Your family is great. But don't fight it. Alizée is now under your skin. It's a healthy feeling. You're still a living, breathing male.

ENJOY!
Old 02-28-2007, 03:05 PM

Luc is on a distinguished road

It's the same for me Edcognito. The stories you and C-4 wrote are recognizable to many of us. Me too, I very rarely visited fansites of other singers or bands and I have never been interested in their personal lives. Before I knew Alizée I had never even registered to any forum.
Now I visit the Alizée fanforums almost every day, I keep listening to her music and watching her videos
If you need counseling then you are not the only one. In that case we should ask Brad for a forum-counsel
I agree with you C-4, Alizée is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. And I also greatly respect the way she lives her life.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:14 PM

Drake498 is on a distinguished road
Wink Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edcognito View Post
Do you guys/gals feel sometimes the same way? Surprised at your reactions to this woman? Is this just a function of the fact that the Internet exists now, where 25 years ago, it didn't for me?

Do I need counseling?

I'm interested to hear your thoughts!

Ed
Quote:
Originally Posted by zpa View Post
I have the EXACT same feelings. I've also been surprised by my own reactions a number of times. I actually slapped myself in the face and went like; "C'mon man, PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER!!"
I may be a bit young to post here on this thread being only 18 (meaning i'm still a teen and hormones still havent settled down yet and prolly wont for a while ), but the feelings are still there, a marvel of nature how one could simply go from unknowing existence to complete "crush" dare i say 'obsession'... (but not in the creepy way) miraculously overnight... ( We dont need counseling...) its just a part of life's wonders, and I myself find myself coming back here over and over, but no regrets
Old 02-28-2007, 06:16 PM
I'm not 20.

Zack -Alizee Lover- is on a distinguished road

Same here, this is my first fansite . I sometimes ask myself why i didnt heard of her before? I remember i turned on tv and they had the Jeam video playing. I was like huh? who's this girl? oh well i got better things to do. Was a shame i didn't finish watching the video, i dont like her hair all wet, maybe that's why i didn't pay attencion and just decided to go out. Fool me :/ Im hoping with all my heart she comes back soon, its a good moment for her to return.To make it short,i guess im a FAN!.
So this is my opinion
Old 03-01-2007, 06:20 AM
Breathe in. Breathe out.

SupaKrupa is on a distinguished road

She's turned my life upside down. I'm actually having troubles with my priorities now.

Tu es l'envie du monde
Old 03-01-2007, 08:52 PM
Platinum Member

rwd716 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, this is what I was talking about here. I do at times look at myself from another point of view and say "How did you get to this point?" It's so crazy, but I'm glad it happened.