Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-27-2010, 02:24 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Also, "popular" doesn't necessarily equal "good". A lot of crap floats to the top in our society, unfortunately.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:44 PM

thekidEm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Whoa hold on! There was a reorchestration of Amelie M'a Dit?! when was this? Please enlight me
here you go:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkmale View Post
The sailor suit is gone and won't be coming back. I don't have an issue with that.
But i have to say that i think the 'new' rearranged versions of JEAM and the other old(ish) songs she has played sporadically live are awful.
Yes, she's moved on but that's no reason not to accept her past and to be proud of it?
JEAM is a fantastic song. What is there to be ashamed of? She dosen't have to do the patented figure waggle any more but why change the basic sound of it?
If (and it's a big IF) we ever get another live concert i really hope she sings it the way it's supposed to be. And why not?
Exactly. I don't care about the dance moves/the suit, which I am not fond of anyway. The basic sound of the songs in the old catalogue is simply wonderful. I wish she could keep it.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:55 PM

Alex is on a distinguished road

Thanks!^........(going to the video) what did she do?!!! Aahhh just listened to it about 30 sec and I just couldn't accept this new version. As I said this new style with her original songs completely suck out, drain, destroyed the complete beauty and masterpiece MF and LB composed to Alizée. Where are the various guitars, backup singers, keyboard, drummer, the true instruments for these songs??? I miss the investment it was made for En Concert concerning musicians . (sigh)... .but Im still a fan of her eventhough I will miss the true sound of MF and LB masterpieces.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:23 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

The changes to the old sound represent a valid criticism IMO. I like her new sound a lot, but it is a little jarring to hear one of LB's old compositions mutated into it.

I think perhaps her thinking is that it would be too much of a strange note to have both the old sound and the new in the same performance, hence the reinstrumentalization. I'm not altogether sure it works, though. It might be better just to let those old songs rest in peace. (I know a lot of you don't want to think about that possibility, but . . .)

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 04-27-2010, 03:37 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Yah cuz I mean she did JEAM again in Mexico...so I'm pretty sure once she goes back there that she will HAVE to do it again...
Yeah, pretty much. Regardless of what Alizée might say, JEAM is the Mexican Moi... Lolita for her. If she does a full on concert again in Mexico, I would not be surprised to hear La Isla Bonita and JEAM if nothing else (outside of her last two albums).

I went to the 2008 concerts and got the experience of Alizée singing those great songs live; so, I don't think I'd really mind just moving on since it's not the same anyway - the island jam version. It might be interesting to hear them totally reorchestrate the song yet again, but will they? If the song is there, I totally expect it to be reorchestrated. It would be surprising to see her not do her most popular song. In 2007 we had doubts as to whether or not she would ever sing Moi... Lolita again and then it was the first song she came out with in tv performances. We were surprised by that.

Merci Fanny
Old 04-27-2010, 05:14 PM

Fenris is on a distinguished road

I must confess i did not like the re-orchestrations of her old songs that much.
Most horrible was L'Alizé live in Moscow. What a mutilation of a wonderful song.

I fully understand that her new songs are different, but i would love if she payed proper hommage to these old songs as they were. No need to change them.
At least not that radically. Ofc no one expects her to wear this JEAM suit nowadays.

Edit: IF there are really some new concerts in 2010: Alizée, please bring back some of the old gems. It's a win-win move.
I'm sure the audience would go nuts with happiness if she would sing something like Gourmandises, A contre-courant or Amelie m'a dit on this occasion.
There is nothing wrong with the old songs. We all know she has grown up by now, she does not need to prove it by ignoring her old hits.

Last edited by Fenris; 04-27-2010 at 05:34 PM..
Old 04-27-2010, 05:17 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

The reason people don't want to let the old songs rest is because they were great songs. The kind of songs that you want to play over and over again. I still listen to them practicaly every day. When ever I go some where, I have a cd of hers in my truck and my car and that's all I listen to, along with some of her remixes.

There's only one song from Psych that falls into that category and that is Par les Paupieres. Fifty sixty and Lilly town aren't bad either but I don't have the urge to listen to them as often. Les Collines is a good song, but with it too, I only listen to it once in a while. I've only listened to the album 3 times now.

As far as her leaving the older songs out of any up coming concerts. I think it would be better for her to do that, than to sing these re-orchestrated versions.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:29 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
The reason people don't want to let the old songs rest is because they were great songs. . . . There's only one song from Psych that falls into that category and that is Par les Paupieres.
You really shouldn't state personal preferences as if they were objective facts. I find there are a lot of songs from Psych that I listened to over and over again, and currently there are a lot from UEDS that I do the same. At this point it's been quite a while since I've heard any of the songs from the first two albums at all. Not saying I never will again, of course, they're just not up there on my "current listening" list.

Quote:
As far as her leaving the older songs out of any up coming concerts. I think it would be better for her to do that, than to sing these re-orchestrated versions.
I'm inclined to agree. Of course, the recorded versions are still available and still good. I just don't think Moi . . . Lolita, L'Alizé, JEAM, or JPVA come across well in an electro-pop version.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 04-27-2010, 05:30 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
I must confess i did not like the re-orchestrations of her old songs that much.
Most horrible was L'Alizé live in Moscow. What a mutilation of a wonderful song.

I fully understand that her new songs are different, but i would love if she payed proper hommage to these old songs as they were. No need to change them.
At least not that radically. Ofc no one expects her to wear this JEAM suit nowadays.
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
The reason people don't want to let the old songs rest is because they were great songs. The kind of songs that you want to play over and over again. I still listen to them practicaly every day. When ever I go some where, I have a cd of hers in my truck and my car and that's all I listen to, along with some of her remixes.

There's only one song from Psych that falls into that category and that is Par les Paupieres. Fifty sixty and Lilly town aren't bad either but I don't have the urge to listen to them as often. Les Collines is a good song, but with it too, I only listen to it once in a while. I've only listened to the album 3 times now.

Well, although Psych was radically different, I still believe it's better than UEdS in terms of her voice. Psych featured her real voice (or at least, more real than UEdS), and UEdS does not have one second of unedited vocals.

I mean, listen to L'effet and say, La Candida (though any song could be substituted.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:24 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
You really shouldn't state personal preferences as if they were objective facts.
Well I think the fact that she performed in over 20 concerts in France in a little over a 2 month period after her first two albums, but after psych, she couldn't get enough fans to perform 1 concert, shows there's a lot more people who have similar preferences as mine. And as far as Mexico was concerned. They were expecting the beautiful young woman in the sailor suit to show up.

Tags
acoustic, alizee, jeam