Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-21-2010, 12:11 AM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road
Talking My Birthday Present for Alizée - a rendition of Radiohead's "Creep."

Since it is princess Alizée's birthday, I figured my post might as well be a positive one dedicated to her instead of like my previous negative one. So this is what I'm giving her for her birthday - I did a cover of Radiohead's "Creep" and recorded it. I threw this all together using some crappy software I found online since I'm not tech savvy enough to do otherwise. I subsequently uploaded it to youtube. (I didn't even have a youtube account prior to this, so I made one solely for this purpose...I even put Alizée's birthday as my own hehe).

I chose this song because docdtv's posts in the past about unrequited love really stuck to me and reminded me of how I felt about her when I first discovered her. And on top of that, some of you might remember that Alizée's playlist on Goom Radio did in fact have a few Radiohead songs, albeit not this one specifically. If you are unfamiliar with this song or would like to hear what it's SUPPOSED to sound like, feel free to look up Radiohead's "Creep" on youtube or elsewhere before listening to my butchered version of it. I also decided to go with the CLEAN version instead of the dirty one since it's her birthday.

So anyway, here's my version. My voice is too deep to hit certain notes, so I had to go an octave lower. Hahaha. This is probably the most fun I've ever had preparing a present for anyone. Crank up the volume and bear with me

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lxlZtT5HWKs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lxlZtT5HWKs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

And here's the direct link as well:

For comparison; the real thing from Radiohead:

I think after spending just about 4 months here on this forum, I finally got this fan-crazed obsession out of my system. It has been fun, and I still love her deeply, but I'm not as crazy anymore and I think it has run its course. (I can sleep at nights now instead of thinking about her nonstop).

I'll never forget how she has changed my life. My schedule is all over the place right now, so I'll probably be on AAM during odd hours. But I will come back to check on news updates such as tour dates (or to stare at Jalen's sig for hours). For now, I will leave you all on AAM with this note:

Happy Birthday, Alizée!

- Rictor
Old 08-21-2010, 01:15 AM
Psychédélices era fan.

Marquis<3Alizée is on a distinguished road

Dude very very brliant! "Bravo bravo everybody give a hand for Rictor, don't let me hear any booing unless you want to get sucker punched" jaja jk very awsome man!

Merci beaucoup Alizée for everything!

http://www.youtube.com/user/limelight8494
Old 08-21-2010, 01:16 AM

MarkL is on a distinguished road

Nice job, I was hopin to prepare some stuff tomorrow, but I dont think it will beat this. Keep it up!
Old 08-21-2010, 04:07 AM
Merci Alizée

Very good work Rictor. I like it.
Old 08-21-2010, 06:21 AM
LiLi LoVeR

Sachin_22 is on a distinguished road

Great Work...keep it up . .

http://alizee-wallpapers.blogspot.com/
Old 08-21-2010, 06:29 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Very nice, Rictor! I hope Alizee listens to it!

Joyeux 26e anniversaire, Alizée! Nous vous aime toujours beaucoup! Nous vous soutiendrons toujours! Merci encore pour toute la joie et le bonheur vous avez apporté dans notre vie!
Old 08-21-2010, 07:51 AM

Criss_pl is on a distinguished road

It doesn't matter you used crappy software, and that you are not a singer.
Good work, I find it great to listen. You made it and dared to share it with public Good stuff, thanks for your effort.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:27 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Wow that was actually very good I liked it alot!!! Very good job Rictor! Alizee will like it
Old 08-21-2010, 08:42 AM

MYGOGT is on a distinguished road

Great job, Rictor! She will be proud.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:30 AM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

RICTOR!

This would just put a huge smile on anybody's face, including Alizee's! I really really hope she listens to it because it's gonna make her sooooo happy!

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée

Tags
alizee, creep, happy birthday, radiohead