Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-08-2009, 02:12 PM
Get in,sit down,HANG ON!!

Alizée,Angel of Ajaccio.. is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
i wonder why she's not so popular in France..
Personally, I think this could be just what the Doctor ordered!

I say let Mylène Farmer have France and Alizée can take the rest of the world!

The Angel has expressed the desire to be an entertainer, but that her personal/family life should come first. This may be her exact chance to have her cake and eat it, too. She can lay low on the entertainment front and try to enjoy life with a certain degree of anonymity while at home in France and Corsica. All the while she could be a Star around the rest of the globe.

Is she willing to put forth the effort to make it happen, that, my friends is the question!

It's a very positive sign that she's been working quickly to get another CD out, ironically one of the possible biggest motivators is probably the fact that "Psychédélices" did not do as well as hoped in France.

It's the classic situation where adversity breeds not only opportunity, but desire as well!

I think they should do little or no promotion in France and maybe one or two live shows in smaller venues that they are confident they can still sell out under those circumstances. Sometimes less is more.

Then, everywhere else that the Angel is willing to visit, they should put all of the wheels in motion in a big way. This would mean that Alizée would have to make lots of appearances, both on and off stage. Something I'm not sure she's willing to do.

Only time will tell!

France's loss could be our gain.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:58 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

I agree with you 100% on ur statement.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:36 PM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

Just to have a translation for the Alizee-Latino news :

"That's right guys, this info is official, by Sony!

The release of Alizee's new CD is supposed to come in September!!
The manager is explaining me that, they have mmetings to adjust the release dates of the new discography, and as today, the confirmed month is September!, if there is a change in the date, they are going to let us know."
Old 05-08-2009, 05:37 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgar93 View Post
Just to have a translation for the Alizee-Latino news :

"That's right guys, this info is official, by Sony!

The release of Alizee's new CD is supposed to come in September!!
The manager is explaining me that, they have mmetings to adjust the release dates of the new discography, and as today, the confirmed month is September!, if there is a change in the date, they are going to let us know."
September! that's just 4 months away! wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
it'll be a "back to school" present to myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizée,Angel of Ajaccio.. View Post
Personally, I think this could be just what the Doctor ordered!

I say let Mylène Farmer have France and Alizée can take the rest of the world!

The Angel has expressed the desire to be an entertainer, but that her personal/family life should come first. This may be her exact chance to have her cake and eat it, too. She can lay low on the entertainment front and try to enjoy life with a certain degree of anonymity while at home in France and Corsica. All the while she could be a Star around the rest of the globe.

Is she willing to put forth the effort to make it happen, that, my friends is the question!

It's a very positive sign that she's been working quickly to get another CD out, ironically one of the possible biggest motivators is probably the fact that "Psychédélices" did not do as well as hoped in France.

It's the classic situation where adversity breeds not only opportunity, but desire as well!

I think they should do little or no promotion in France and maybe one or two live shows in smaller venues that they are confident they can still sell out under those circumstances. Sometimes less is more.

Then, everywhere else that the Angel is willing to visit, they should put all of the wheels in motion in a big way. This would mean that Alizée would have to make lots of appearances, both on and off stage. Something I'm not sure she's willing to do.

Only time will tell!

France's loss could be our gain.
very good point. lets hope American fans can pick up the ball then, shall we?

Old 05-08-2009, 07:12 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

ehehehe well then its gona be a great september for me and i belive Inclining Pizza, not sure how many active members birthdays are in September. But im turning 21 and her 4the CD being relised in September is quite the birthday gift do you agree fellas?

Edit; Oh thanks for the info Edgard.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:44 PM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

Psychealizee from Spanish AF found this:

http://www.chartsinfrance.net/Alizee/news-67890.html
Old 05-08-2009, 10:58 PM
Blacksmith/knifemaker

woohoo is on a distinguished road

Really, September? Thats amazing its coming along faster than i thought i would. this is really great news everyone will be really happy.

http://www.youtube.com/user/nickwoo2
Old 05-09-2009, 03:06 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

That will make a nice birthday present for me.

I don't think that Her Grace will, or should, give up on France. It will take time and repeated effort to make the transition from Lolita to -- her new performing self -- and the fact that I can't pin down just who that new self is, shows that she has a ways to go yet. Who is the Alizée of Psychédélices? Is she the rocker of 50/60? The jazz singer of L'effet? The pop princess of Lilly Town? The rappeuse of Decollage? The mystic poetess of Psychédélices (title song)? With that album she seemed to be trying on different roles, different masks.

(She and I both know that it can be fun to wear a mask sometimes. And besides, all of these are aspects of the real Alizée, although none of them is the whole.)

But I get the sense that with this new album she's going to be a lot more definite. A more coherent album has a better chance to be a big hit than an experimental smorgasbord. It will be interesting to see how this next album is received in France. Her old fans will have either given up on her completely or accepted the death of Lolita, and she'll have a chance to find the new audience that she really needs.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 05-09-2009, 05:21 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

hmmm.. "death of Lolita" sounds a little harsh there.

please don't use "death" and any reference to Alizee in the same sentence.

that would just be terrible if such was to occur.
*shudder*

but of course, i know what you mean.

Old 05-09-2009, 07:30 AM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road

/me waves to Deep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
That will make a nice birthday present for me.
Happy - ahead - Birthday man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
But I get the sense that with this new album she's going to be a lot more definite. A more coherent album has a better chance to be a big hit than an experimental smorgasbord.
I liked most of the songs on the current album, however, I haven't played it as much as I (still) play the first two...

I would love for her new album to be focused, and direct. The last one was like standing in front of a whipped cream cannon - you know its gonna be good, you just don't know how much is gonna hit you!

Ed

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience

Tags
2009, album, chateau, marmont