Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-18-2009, 04:52 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

Agreed, i think because Psyc. was an experiment that she did, i think she learned form that and worked on this album.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:45 PM

techno_Millenium is on a distinguished road

I would like a more oriented electronic kind of album. Some electronic mature music like Tracy Thorn, Robyn, Goldfrapp, Roisin Murphy.

Oh Blondie fan here too
Old 04-09-2009, 12:48 PM
Lovin Lili Cool B

LL Cool B is on a distinguished road

So I was watching Dancing with the Stars this week (Yeah so what! .......What!) and Steve O. danced to this number. If Alizee did a rendition of this, She would absolutely kill it! (in a good way of course)

-B

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/M2933uG2GGA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M2933uG2GGA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Alizee is my Constant
Old 04-09-2009, 07:34 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LL Cool B View Post
So I was watching Dancing with the Stars this week (Yeah so what! .......What!) and Steve O. danced to this number. If Alizee did a rendition of this, She would absolutely kill it! (in a good way of course)

-B

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/M2933uG2GGA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M2933uG2GGA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
I agree with you man, she woild kill it, the melody sonds like her style.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:49 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Whoah, some juicy info on www.qobuz.com:

It seems that... Alizée records her next album at the Institubes label [Note: David Rubato's label -Ben], known for production of high-volt electro (Para One, Chateau Marmont, etc.). It will be a concept album [] loosely inspired by the tragic life of Edie Sedgwick [also the subject of 50/60 -B], actress and model who arrived in New York during the 60s, attended The Factory [Andy Warhol's studio -B], and died of an overdose in 1971 at the age of 28. "What she wants, Alizée always gets". The evidence in this fourth album!

Merci miracle @ lilly-town.com!
Old 04-29-2009, 11:51 AM
Get in,sit down,HANG ON!!

Alizée,Angel of Ajaccio.. is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post

It seems that... Alizée records her next album at the Institubes label [Note: David Rubato's label -Ben], known for production of high-volt electro (Para One, Chateau Marmont, etc.). It will be a concept album [] loosely inspired by the tragic life of Edie Sedgwick [also the subject of 50/60 -B], actress and model who arrived in New York during the 60s, attended The Factory [Andy Warhol's studio -B], and died of an overdose in 1971 at the age of 28. "What she wants, Alizée always gets". The evidence in this fourth album!

Merci miracle @ lilly-town.com!
That is an interesting find.

I checked the Institubes homepage and they have a box on the left side that says: "You give us your email, we tell you everything. That's a hell of a deal, really."

I just signed up, we'll see if it's for real.

P.S. At least their auto-responder works!

Last edited by Alizée,Angel of Ajaccio..; 04-29-2009 at 11:53 AM.. Reason: add P.S.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:52 AM
Man Among Men

puffyrock2 is on a distinguished road

A concept album? Quite a ambitious undertaking, perhaps a double disc rock opera about the downward spiral of this character may be an interesting undertaking.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:43 PM
recovering alizée addict

dreamer is on a distinguished road

But can a 'concept album' be commercially successful?
Old 04-29-2009, 02:25 PM
Man Among Men

puffyrock2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
But can a 'concept album' be commercially successful?
Absolutely, but concept albums are not nearly as common today as back in the 70's, which was the golden age for such albums.

Bands such as Pink Floyd, Yes, Genesis, The Who, Alan Parsons Project, Jethro Tull and Styx are bands that defined what the concept album is all about, a story or narrative ususlly driven by dramatic music.

As far as Alizee pulling this off, it seems strange as this type of album is very much a progressive rock thing, but it could work if produced and written properly.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:37 PM
Lovin Lili Cool B

LL Cool B is on a distinguished road

Woo Hoo! I am ready for Alizee v3.0 baby!

Alizee is my Constant

Tags
2009, album, chateau, marmont