Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-07-2009, 05:49 PM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
I don't know what her motivations are and actually it doesn't matter. It was a bad decision. He did a great job composing music, but messed up completely as a manager. He's not dumb and neither is she, so with a LOT more experience some day either of them may be able to manage a musical career, but not at this point and there's no time for them to learn. This is make-or-break point. Psychédélices flopped in France, although the global sales (especially in Mexico) kept it from being a complete commercial failure. She can't afford to have the same thing happen with the 4th album. If it does, this could be the end of her musical career. That's not a decision to be made on the basis of sentiment and personal feelings.

As always, your words are gold.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:55 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I agree Deep. If one needs surgery, go to a doctor, even if he or she is a stranger. Independent, professional help is better than amateur help from your closest friend. Sometimes the people closest to you have trouble telling you what you need to hear. There's too many personal and emotional dynamics at play.

Not only does Alizée need a good professional in her corner, sometimes I think she may need a boss. Someone who, when needed, can take charge and give orders. I don't think that's a good role for her husband because it might just cause problems at home.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:14 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Not only does Alizée need a good professional in her corner, sometimes I think she may need a boss. Someone who, when needed, can take charge and give orders. I don't think that's a good role for her husband because it might just cause problems at home.
LOL probably, yes. Just remembering how difficult it always was to tell my wife what to do.

In general, I don't think it's a good idea to do a commercial artistic career in partnership with one's SO. I can think of a lot of disaster stories in musical history, everything from Sonny & Cher to Fleetwood Mac to Ike & Tina Turner to the Mamas and the Papas. I'm sure you can think of more. It's a variation on not dippin' you wick where you work. (And why I won't hit on the extremely cute coworker in my office.)

I just hope we won't have to add Alizée and Jérémy to that list. If he sinks her career I shall be MOST displeased with him.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 10-07-2009, 08:45 PM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

deep and lefty are right, but could it be that this is jeremy's secret plan to make lili a housewife and end her musical career?
Old 10-07-2009, 08:56 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyamigo View Post
deep and lefty are right, but could it be that this is jeremy's secret plan to make lili a housewife and end her musical career?
lol...Actually, I've often wondered if it was just the opposite - that Jeremy told Alizée to get off the couch and go sing and bring some money into the household. After all, out of the two of them, she probably has the greater chance of success as a performer. She was able to reach the top before.

In reality, they are probably both happy with their current roles.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:40 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Uh... Jérém was never Alizée's manager. He was the "producer" of the album. There's a big difference.

Merci Fanny
Old 10-08-2009, 02:12 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Roman's right. Clearly Alizée didn't follow the best management for Psychédélices, but it wasn't Jérémy. His role was in the studio.

Back on topic, this latest rumor says Alizée's "come-back" in January, which I take to mean promotion and single, as opposed to album. But who knows.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:33 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Good points made by all except I didn't read into that memo that there was a mgmt. problem necessarily. They may not be settled on which strategy to take within Jive/Epic yet and has nothing to do with Alizee or Jeremy's or personal mgmt. Unless someone has more info. than has been revealed in this post I would hesitate to jump to conclusions. I understand the post traumatic stress dejavue etc. since the Psyche drama though. This definitely triggers my imagination in a bad way, but I'm trying to remain objective until some definitive facts come to light.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:18 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

has a reason been given to why the date is being pushed back? I'd imagine she'd want to get it out now in time for the holiday season
Old 10-08-2009, 12:35 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

My understanding as to the date being pushed back is that this was Jive/Epic's doing and that Alizée's original intention was to release the new single in September as rumored. J/E's reason is unknown but most likely has to do with promotion.

Don't confuse official titles with actual authority. Alizée has as much control over her own operation as she chooses to exert, and Jérémy as much as she chooses to give him. My impression is that both of those fall into the "too much" category. The point is that she needs to find an experienced, competent manager and allow that person to be the boss, as Lefty put it. If she doesn't, the upcoming album is likely to be her last.

Of course, maybe in that case she'll go into the movies after all. Everything happens for a reason.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716

Tags
2009, album, chateau, marmont