Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 12-29-2016, 08:28 AM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road
Default How was 2016 for you?

We are near the end of 2016?

How was it for all of you? Share you experiences. What do you see when you look back? What was good and what did you miss?
Old 12-30-2016, 08:57 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

I'd like to say my 2016 has been another amazing year, but it really been another routine and boring year. Actually that normally suits me well but some things need to be changing and I'm working on how that will happen. A couple of negative things have happened in the past few months. All in all, time moves along.

I have become a fan of an additional celebrity. (My second ever) I'm trying to apply some of the lessons I've learned from being an Alizée fan. The situation is different from Alizée though. With her I felt a tremendous gratitude to her when I discovered her because suddenly I was completely content with life, which I wasn't before. That seemed beneficial for a long time but hasn't proved to be in my best interest. I'm still as much an Alizée fan as I have ever been.

The new celebrity has (in my view) incredible talent and I enjoy their work. But this time I have not joined (or even viewed) any fan sites or forums. I followed on Twitter and Instagram but I have never commented on any posts. I've watched some interviews on YouTube but for the most part I'm just what I'll term a 'casual fan.'

As for my Alizée fandom, she remains important to me and I support whatever she chooses to do. I have come to feel that any efforts I do to promote her are useless. I think my participation here at AAm helps her fans and especially people who may have recently discovered her but don't understand French learn about her and her career. Maybe they just pass by and read a few things but maybe some become fans and visit the forum often as guests. No way to know that but it works for me.

I'd love to see more activity (besides the spammers) on the forum but I understand that there is so little to discuss when there is little new Alizée content coming in. Also most of us have commented repeatedly about the same topics numerous times and sometimes don't want to sound like a broken record. ( < ancient reference to vinyl audio recordings )

This doesn't quite fit into the thread but it's as good a place as any. Thanks for reading, Happy New Year!
Old 12-31-2016, 05:36 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I'm not really sure if you meant this just in terms of Alizee or everything in our lives, but I think you meant the latter so....

Well my year started off recovering from surgery for a torn rotator cuff. That injury turned into a blessing in disguise because I had issues with that shoulder. It had many years of wear and tear. Now it's like brand new.

Of course at the begining year we had the DALS tournee where Alizee filled in for another star, which was good for her but again it meant no Les Enfoires. I had bought a couple of tickets hoping she might appear in maybe a couple of the L E shows, but it didn't happen and that was a huge disappointment for me.

In April, we had Annily's baptism, which meant a lot to me. When I first found out about Alizee, I read she was a non practicing catholic and that's the religion I am and it made me feel I had somethiing in common with her, but in the 9 years of following her, I don't think I've seen one picture of her inside a church. Still to see something done concerning the church made me feel good.

A couple of weeks after returning to work in late April, I went on vacation to Brussels, Corsica and one day in Paris. In Ajaccio, I met up with the beautiful woman who runs the Chez Paulo restaurant and her son. They treated me very well. Unfortunately Alizee was away at the time, but I got to see some more places on this picturesque island.

In June we had the wedding. There was both a civil ceremony and a Church ceremony too which I was again, glad to see. It was good to see the pictures we saw, but unfortunately, no videos surfaced. She wanted this to be private and surprisingly, she was able to.

After that, we raised enough money to send her and Greg a wedding gift in the form of a gift certificate at a nice store that thanks to Blanche (Chez Paulo), Stefan and Joe we learned was one she liked. We didn't recieve a thank you note which I anticipated. I thought that would be her policy for all fans. Still I was very glad we were able to get them something and hopefully it will make her look upon our forum favorably.

I had vacation in October and I went to Sweden and Norway on a trip that went very well.

We got news of late of Alizee participating in the DALS tournee next month which again means no Les Enfoires which was a big disappoinment for me because I don't see anything happening in the direction of an album, the hope of which keeps me going.

We had other things such as her appearing on the Superkids show and that Pastry show in which she finished first and dance work shops at different resorts. Things great for her and we're glad for her for all these different appearances, but I see signs that fans everywhere are losing hope that we'll ever see another album.

AF said they would shut down at the end of this year. I was able to work out a deal where they would stay open until the end of Febuary, but I think all I did was postpone the inevitable.

So It's been a very good year for her and there's been enough to keep a fair amount of fans interested but that can't continue much longer, unless something noteworthy comes along.
Old 02-18-2017, 10:14 AM
Оле Оле

alizeefan is on a distinguished road

Merci - thank you for asking . Perhaps if you feel in the mood to answer your own question ?

Oddly enough , even number years aren't as good as odd number years for me . Life is all perspective , 2016 i basically lost everything yet even with nothing , my life is fun , kool and awesme and wouldn't trade it in or change anything .

-

Ray -

It's the same old song
You gotta be somewhere at sometime
And they never let you fly
It's like broken glass
You get cut before you see it
So open up your eyes

You've got desire
So let it out
You've got the power
Stand up and shout
Shout!
Stand up and shout

You've got wings of steel
But they never really move you
You only seem to crawl
You've been nailed to the wheel
But never really turning
You know you've got to
Want it all

You've got desire
So let it out
You got the power
Stand up and shout
Shout !
Stand up and shout
Let it out

You are the strongest chain
And you’re not just some reflection
So never hide again

You are the driver
You own the road
You are the fire
Go on explode
You've got desire
So let it out
You got the power
Stand up and shout
Oui
Stand up and shout
Let it out
Stand up and shout

I'm very interested to hear of your new fanship . . But you obviously edited that name out for your own good reasons . But PLEASE stand up and shout your love to the world , in other words -

-

Scruff

It's good to hear you're doing better after the surgery . Funny how things work out and perspective in hindsight . As for AJ and the non-reply . . I never can understand how some stars don't interact . . click like , reply and so on . Those short moments don't take long and they can even have someone do it for them , we'd never know . . As that goes a long way in the fans eyes as well the other viewers to retain fans , inspire and so on . But we aren't living in their giant shoe and who knows the reasons behind such actions , time , meant to and forgot , to keep a distance between fans , in your case perhaps not wanting gifts due to having so much so maybe they feel bad taking from others ? The reasons they do what they do are no matter , what you do does matter and more often than not it is very much so appreciated as you've seen first hand , so don't take any of my speculation into much consideration . Just keep being yourself and keep life in a positive perspective because by these actions small or large you have a great affect .

Uhmm as for her singing career i can't imagine being on top or up there , then to where she is now but again in perspective as you writ she seems to be living life how she wants and enjoying more than ever as it is . Much alike you and i just a regular ole person living the best she can .
Old 02-19-2017, 03:59 PM
Fan since 2008

MelleValetta is on a distinguished road

I can compare 2016 with a roller coaster. It brought out great things like Alizée's wedding... amazing movies like Suicide Squad and The Conjuring 2. But...as far as my life is concerned, 2016 began pretty good for me, but to half of year everything turned a disaster. But (maybe it's because I'm gemini and I change my mind so fast) I made the blot and count in mid-January and everything has been normalizing little by little