Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 04-24-2011, 03:05 AM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Nice, MA. Is that an old picture or something new? I haven't seen Jo on FB recently.
It's a new picture from Jo's album Un jour, une image....
Old 04-25-2011, 07:30 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Please don't screw up Jo Jacotey's new show STRATEGY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
Photo by Jo (click on the image)...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
It's a new picture from Jo's album Un jour, une image....
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE remove this photo from the AAm web site. The STRATEGY behind Jo's new exhibit Un jour, une image... is to attract viewers by using RARITY to force their attention! This is a well-known technique in "selling" all sorts of things. If you repost a permanent copy of his TRANSITORY show, you destroy its specialness. (And were you subject to US law, you'd violate his copyright as well.)

We should be the FRIENDS of Alizée - AND the people she loves - like her Dad. We are not being his friend if we screw up his clever method for attracting viewers - forcing people to look in EVERY day if they do not want to miss something.

BTW, I would be surprised if Jo objected if one DYNAMICALLY embedded AND linked to the image (not a copy) on the Facebook site, because that would be useful syndication which was equally as TRANSIENT as the original venue.

Thanks for your kind cooperation and that of the other people here. I know you meant no harm.

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 04-25-2011 at 10:04 AM.. Reason: Link to Jo's albums rather than possibly missing image
Old 04-25-2011, 08:16 AM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanDeAliFee View Post
The STRATEGY behind Jo's new exhibit Un jour, une image... is to attract viewers by using RARITY to force their attention!
It would help if I didn't see This content is currently unavailable when I click the link; and when I search for Jo Jacotey on Facebook there are no relevant results.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:15 AM

Smile Finding Jo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSmith View Post
It would help if I didn't see This content is currently unavailable when I click the link; and when I search for Jo Jacotey on Facebook there are no relevant results.
Thanks for the feedback. (He changed images TWICE within the last few hours!) I have now amended my previous post to point to his photo-albums-entry-point, which should be a reliable destination. From there, you can click on the Un jour, une image... album and photo. Also, you can find Jo's Facebook profile here.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:37 AM
Ethical

Evidently his profile disallows friend requests, and non-friends can't view his photos. So I can't see his albums. Which is strange, because I thought I had already befriended him.

Did he create a new profile?—how old is this one?

Jo + Facebook = always confusing
Old 04-25-2011, 11:23 AM

Smile No Facebook friendship needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSmith View Post
Evidently his profile disallows friend requests, and non-friends can't view his photos. So I can't see his albums. Which is strange, because I thought I had already befriended him.

Did he create a new profile?—how old is this one?

Jo + Facebook = always confusing
I have never (yet) requested to be his Facebook "friend". But I can still see the album and photo at issue without difficulty.

Does anyone else experience the problem DrSmith reports?
Old 04-25-2011, 02:17 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Well I'm on Facebook Mobile and can't see his pictures...
Old 04-26-2011, 01:10 AM

Wink Abeille I was ere I saw Elba!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Well I'm on Facebook Mobile and can't see his pictures...
Thanks for the feedback. What about when you try using Facebook NOT Mobile? Does anyone else have the problem DrSmith and Aaronius31 report?

I do not mean to be a tease, but four hours ago, Jo again changed the photo at Un jour, une image... And he has added a second album (so far with four snapshots) to his set of photos, titled Nature.

Among the Nature photos is one of a bee. This gives me the excuse to mention that I like to play a game of Il pendolo di Foucault with the Jacotey surname. (Read about Childeric's bees here - and please chuckle at my post title pun.)

<center>
<div style="padding-top: 8px;">
<object classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="LecteurExportable" width="800" height="599" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/swflash.cab"><param name="movie" value="http://gallica.bnf.fr/flash/LecteurExportable.swf"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><param name="FlashVars" value="ark=btv1b7700172d&lang=fr&mode=sp&showArrow s=1&bgColor=14803425&autoFlip=0&startPage=1&widthW idget=800&heightWidget=599" /><embed src="http://gallica.bnf.fr/flash/LecteurExportable.swf" name="LecteurExportable" width="800" height="599" allowScriptAccess="always" wmode="transparent" FlashVars="ark=btv1b7700172d&lang=fr&mode=sp&showA rrows=1&bgColor=14803425&autoFlip=0&startPage=1&wi dthWidget=800&heightWidget=599" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed></object></div></center>

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 04-26-2011 at 01:36 AM.. Reason: Add photo of Childeric's bees - Alas, Gallica's embed code produces alphabetic artifacts under AAm's vBulletin
Old 04-26-2011, 03:20 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Is it me or does Papa Jo seem to delete all his crap and "start over" like every six months?
Old 04-26-2011, 03:52 AM
Ethical

Yeah, it's hard to follow what he's doing. I don't know if he keeps running into problems with Facebook, or if he chooses to hide his profile or start a new profile…

I think I might know why FanDeAliFée can see his photos, actually. It just occurred to me. You can choose to make your profile viewable to friends-of-friends, so Fanny must be connected to someone in Jo's network of Facebook pals.

Last edited by DrSmith; 04-26-2011 at 07:35 AM..