Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Translations

Old 04-15-2014, 07:58 AM

Jazzmin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un-rêve View Post
I remember Alizée liked the concept of Romeo and Juliette back in the day.. well I guess she's a romantic..
I don't know, maybe she is - but MJ is not about being romantic. The lyrics directly refer to the plot of the drama (well, even the name of its author is mentioned!) and the drama, let me remind you, is full of unpleasant events. The Juliet invented by Alizée, though, is a person who wants to have fun and does not give a damn about the Cause, One and the Only True Love or any other sophisticated stuff encouraging her to suffer. She wants to do it all her own way. If it has anything to do with romantism, it is rather its laugh-off, not its applause.

Is it clear to you then??? Because if not... "Romeo & Juliet" is about puppy love ending tragically. Many popculture writings, songs etc. use the names in context of most desirable, true love:

"Mademoiselle Juliette" is about doing coke and alco instead of ebbing into deep problems.
Quote:
but for the life of me I can't understand this thread.
The purpose of this thread is to analyze the meaning of "Mademoiselle Juliette".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
After watching the three videos I'm posting below, I couldn't help wondering if A) Alizee were bisexual, B) Is she trying to tell her fans that she is bisexual in the Juliet video as well as the dance she does with Candice Pascal and Gregoire? C) Is her friendship with Tal more than just friendship?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyUXWgmEvE8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBfticf2mFk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0SlTAHfP0g
It is definetely not a business of our to assume if Alizée AS A PRIVATE PERSON is bisexual or not. When it comes to her works, though... I assume this interpretation could do. Especially in the dance that may mean her man separates her from a friend of hers but also the "friend" may be her female lover.
The Round belong

Old 04-15-2014, 10:09 AM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

It is definetely not a business of our to assume if Alizée AS A PRIVATE PERSON is bisexual or not. When it comes to her works, though... I assume this interpretation could do. Especially in the dance that may mean her man separates her from a friend of hers but also the "friend" may be her female lover.[/QUOTE]

If Alizee puts her sexual orientation into the public eye by making it a subject of her art or by publicly putting it on display, as she has in the videos I've posted, I think it's fair game. Also in today's environment, I don't think one's sexual orientation is a cause to vilify her. As her fans who adore her, we scratch at every minute bit of information trying to sift out who she is. We invest so much of ourselves into her emotionally that I don't think it's unfair to have some answers to our questions. Granted there are limits. We all want a piece of her, and she has every right to put a limit on our demands of her. Alizee has a right to her privacy, but not if she lays it out for public view. In that she raises these questions in her art and allows us to see her acts of affection that are video taped and posted on the Internet, I think she wants the public to, at least, be thinking about these things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=z0SlTAHfP0g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBfticf2mFk

Edit:

How do you post a video? Not just a link, but an actual video?

Last edited by Shepherd; 04-15-2014 at 10:09 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 04-15-2014, 11:21 AM

Lucas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
How do you post a video? Not just a link, but an actual video?
post youtube links as "http" and not "https"
Old 04-15-2014, 05:59 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzmin View Post
Is it clear to you then???
Yup I was just horsing around b4.. my bad.

Quote:
Nice touch.

Quote:
The Juliet invented by Alizée, though, is a person who wants to have fun and does not give a damn about the Cause, One and the Only True Love or any other sophisticated stuff encouraging her to suffer. She wants to do it all her own way.
What you mention here kinda reminds me of this song too.. especially the first couple of versus.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 04-15-2014, 07:38 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Lucas, thank you for the information

http://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=z0SlTAHfP0g

Old 04-18-2014, 08:21 AM

Quote:
What you mention here kinda reminds me of this song too.. especially the first couple of versus.

Pardon my off topic but wow, I must be a bad fan cuz I've never heard that :P . Good one.

If we're like associating the theme with other songs, I'd go for "J'en ai marre!" and "Toc de mac" because they are also praising pleasant emotions and are against melancholy. It's kinda interesting how Mylene, whose songs are mostly depressive, happened to write them. Well, maybe she was kinda joking about herself.

(Compare those above with that piece about madness, uselessness etc.)
The Round belong

Old 04-19-2014, 08:04 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

^^

You're a good Alizée fan.. I can see that from the way you write her name with the accent but yeah that song from MF is depressing. I guess those Alizée songs will always be her better side coming through if we really wanna get technical about it.. but then again I guess it was also the way she sang and performed them that would just blow your mind.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 02-15-2015, 10:51 AM

Amalgamation of Alizée's DALS performance and the MJ video.

No need to write a separate thing about the music video.
The Round belong

Old 05-26-2023, 11:02 AM
Fan since 2008

MelleValetta is on a distinguished road

Decades later, I now understand why Alizée said the song is about the anti-Juliet. As Alizée herself said, Juliet does not want to decide whether the Montagues or the Capulet. She just wants "all" and doesn't stop obeying William's directives. Which is the same way a celebrity/artist doesn't like to decide between their career or their family life.

Last edited by MelleValetta; 05-26-2023 at 11:04 AM..