Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 03-19-2010, 02:54 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
I don't care if you disagree but she is getting prettier as she is getting older.
I certainly do NOT disagree with that. She's now old enough I could make a pass at her without feeling like a cradle-robber.

Ahem. Be that as it may . . .

I noticed another little nuance. The scene with the mysterious dude in it coincided with the line about the wounded swan. I'm thinking, with this as a clue, that the shy big cat/wounded swan from the song is this person, someone she's healing or taking care of. Does that make sense?

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 03-19-2010, 03:09 PM

Sitting by the bay is on a distinguished road

Some cat on some other forum had this to say about the video. Makes sense, I guess:

"The clip tells a story, the story of Edie leaving New York to escape to Los Angeles. So it also shows us Edie saying farewell to the people she knew... I think this is a good explanation of those scenes. Moreover, I'm convinced that we will also get a longer version of the clip, some kind of a "mini-film". And maybe some mini-films for the other songs too, so that a real short-movie will be created. This are Alizée intentions, she told it in an interview!"
Old 03-19-2010, 03:14 PM
Corsican beauty

Ange is on a distinguished road

Well I think it's bvetter than her last album.
Old 03-19-2010, 03:16 PM

Fenris is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I think the video is really good. As Deep pointed out, it's telling part of a story. I think Alizée is being more thoughtful in this new endeavor. In the MJ video, Alizée said it was just a bunch of girls having fun. In the Fifty Sixty video, it looked like a bunch of girls just having fun. Those videos might have been more polished and produced with a larger budget, but they didn't tell the story of their respective songs as well as this one does.

We have to keep in mind also that Alizée may be funding these videos herself. I wasn't expecting an expensive spectacle. I prefer the thoughtfulness.

If I was rich, I'd send her the money to do a clip on every UEDS song. I think a DVD of all the clips and songs in the same order as they appear on the album would be an incredible thing to have. The story of "Une Enfant du Siècle" completely told in music and video, starring Alizée! I know I'd buy one...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitting by the bay View Post
Some cat on some other forum had this to say about the video. Makes sense, I guess:

"The clip tells a story, the story of Edie leaving New York to escape to Los Angeles. So it also shows us Edie saying farewell to the people she knew... I think this is a good explanation of those scenes. Moreover, I'm convinced that we will also get a longer version of the clip, some kind of a "mini-film". And maybe some mini-films for the other songs too, so that a real short-movie will be created. This are Alizée intentions, she told it in an interview!"
Lefty, you might get exactly what you wish for, as Sbtb remarked she said as much in this interview:

Old 03-19-2010, 03:20 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdan View Post
ok... let' ruin the mood a little bit here...

this title is cold. The video is cold too and Alizee is still in it.

Come on !... Alizee is hot !! Alizee is synonymous of move, dance, liveliness, energy !

why does she play the freeze Cleopatra ???

i don't get it...
Well, Alizée has not really been that for a long time.

Still, I don't agree with Alizée india. I think this video went very well with the song. Maybe you don't like either. I've come to like it a bit more. When one says this video is "cool", I think that does include not just the sense of impressive, but of coldness as Bigdan says. Cleopatra. Yes, that is apt. She's not quite so distant in this video though. I would not call it cold and emotionless. Look at some of her little movements and you will see the feeling that is put in there. But, compared to the feeling one got from the pretty adolescent charming the world, yes.

I think the transitions and the imagery were very good for this song. That look at the end was perfect, totally necessary and fortunately they didn't miss the opportunity. I do get more the impression of looking at Edie than Alizée, but of course, that's what they are going for. The thing is, I have sort of gotten the feeling that Edie was not so much like that either, but rather it was more the style of the time. So, Alizée and her group are paying hommage to the time. It was long before her time and even my time, except in so much as the music emulates the 80s, well she was just coming into the world. So, I wish Alizée had been able to come up with something new rather than a throw-back, but they had to pick something and I guess a few years back this was in vogue. Factory Girl was made in what, 2006? And so was Fifty-Sixty or shortly thereafter.

Alizée does come off the epitome of the word chic in this, though I guess that actually applies to what is in fashion at a particular time.

The song and the video with it play with images moving around, unclear. That is part of the intended mood. It was shot in a day and finished in only a week or so, right? So, yeah, it's not particularly complicated. It does look like they spent some time figuring out how they wanted her to appear, like with the MJ video, rather than like her first photo shoot in 2007 and maybe even the 50/60 video - just grabbing some clothes off the shelf. But even that is a bit of a deception. They were talking about trying to find dogs for the 50/60 video long before that thing came about and I suppose it's never really all that simple.

As lefty said, this is not like "modern" music videos from well funded individuals. You can only expect just so much. But, I didn't even think like that when I watched the video. I thought it fit very well, the timing was good, and I like how they focused on Alizée (even if she has all the over the top eye make-up, etc.) And while she is playing a role, maybe that is just what Alizée likes. Look, she has tattoos, listens to some strange music, chooses to wear super high heels and dark eye make-up. That is how she has appeared for the last few years. For whatever reason, that's the path her personality has taken. I prefer the more girly appearances myself, but I guess that's just what I like and it felt more connected to the "original" Alizée that I became a fan of. But, I have put that aside for my evaluation of this video and I think I like it.

If I compare it to the production of the Rubato 50/60 video, I think this one looks a lot more professional. I like this one better, though the other does have certain interesting elements of movement.

I agree that adding some element of dance (maybe more so for other songs) would really add a lot. Even just that little twirl she did near the end (along with that great and intriguing black dress she had with the chains) added something to the piece. But, I don't expect it. She hasn't really shown an interest in dance for 6 years, even if she still talks about it. It's part of her history, but who is Alizée now? That's more relevant to what you will see or not from her.

I think Alizée achieved a certain level of intrigue with this video. That's worth focusing on.

@Deep
Quote:
I'm thinking, with this as a clue, that the shy big cat/wounded swan from the song is this person, someone she's healing or taking care of. Does that make sense?
That is interesting. That guy does seem almost out of place. I'm sort of blank when it comes to figuring out his place. Though, these are people, there's always a man and a woman in any story.
@sitting It's too bad they already did "Factory Girl" a few years back. How awesome an intro to acting would it be if that movie staring Alizée came out along with this album? Just a crazy thought of course. That would be some serious acting--a real skill that one does not just walk into out of essentially nowhere.

Merci Fanny
Old 03-19-2010, 03:30 PM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
I thought it was very appropriate for the song.
Well, I don"t say is not appropriate to the song... I say the song is not appropriate to her... But that 'just the way I feel...
Old 03-19-2010, 03:32 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

I think you can see Jeremy in the video, Alizee is hugging him; im pretty sure thats Jeremy.

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 03-19-2010, 03:39 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
I think you can see Jeremy in the video, Alizee is hugging him; im pretty sure thats Jeremy.
No, for three reasons:

1) He's too tall,
2) The story isn't about Alizée and therefore not about Jérémy either, and
3) She will never feature Jérémy in any performance, preferring to keep private and public life totally separate.

The hair and the nose looked somewhat similar, I agree, but no.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 03-19-2010, 03:54 PM

Fenris is on a distinguished road

It's not Jérémy, being a low budget production i think this is just someone from the film crew who jumped in or something like that.

Sure, this is a big break from the smiling teenage girl, but GOD is this woman beautiful!
Call her an icy cleopatra if you want, but this is the most sexy Alizée i ever saw.

Old 03-19-2010, 05:32 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road
Default ^ Oh my god.... there is more than one Alizée!?!?!?!?

I like, and dislike this video.

Just a couple of things that you may disagree with me on; the makeup, the "what'sthatmean" shots, etc... just not digging it.

However, from a purely visual aspect, this video is FANTASTIC! I especially love the light show during the 'never wanna leave you's (especially the first one around 0:53.. omg). Her eyes look tantalizingly amazing, she looks stunning in every scene...

Either Her Grace and Beauty is a great actress, or I just wanna think that. I totally don't agree with those who say the video is cold. Watch the scene where she sings into the mic, and watch Her eyes... watch them while knowing what the theme of the song and album is....