Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 03-21-2010, 07:50 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Elizabeth Taylor was totally wrong for the part of Cleopatra but she was hardly "Spock in drag."

Anyway, her makeup illustrates that that was indeed the fashion in the early 1960s. So Alizée is just playing the role properly.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 03-21-2010, 08:05 PM
Big fan of SooYoung and IU

Lucian_RO is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdan View Post

maybe there are others sources of inspiration...
One of them may be this video from Boy George & Sash!
Old 03-21-2010, 09:11 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Elizabeth Taylor was totally wrong for the part of Cleopatra but she was hardly "Spock in drag."
Dis' is hows I sees it wif mah own eys, brudda

'speshlly sins ur cumparin' two diff'nt peeps that contras' so wel.

Jus call'n em' as I sees 'em

Edit:

-------
afterthoughts
-------

@Aaron:
- Thanks for the link man, the quality is great.

@Fall:
- It's all good man... or maybe not... I dunno, I'm on a mac so I'M NOT INFECTED! MUAHAHA

---
- Does anybody else go bonkers right around 1:14 (New York I'm...) when she does that very slight head-neck thing? AAAHHH

- Looks like somebody has forgotten all their dancing classes

- During the microphone parts, (to the older AAm users, like me ) do Her eyes remind you slightly of Elizabeth Perkins'?

Last edited by user472884; 03-21-2010 at 09:11 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 03-21-2010, 09:25 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
Dis' is hows I sees it wif mah own eys, brudda
Have you ever seen the movie Cleopatra with Burton and Taylor with your own eyes?

All right, she doesn't compare favorably to Alizée, but that's not hardly fair, who does? She was no dog, that's for sure. The reason I said she was wrong for the part of Cleopatra is because of personality. Cleopatra was a very strong woman and a political genius. Elizabeth Taylor came across as kind of a bimbo. It had nothing to do with what she looked like. (Well, except that Cleopatra was actually sort of ugly. I know that blows the myth but it's true.)

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 03-21-2010, 10:14 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road
Talking that very slight head-neck thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
@Aaron:
- Thanks for the link man, the quality is great.

@Fall:
- It's all good man... or maybe not... I dunno, I'm on a mac so I'M NOT INFECTED! MUAHAHA

---
- Does anybody else go bonkers right around 1:14 (New York I'm...) when she does that very slight head-neck thing? AAAHHH
no problemo Jalen.

haha yah Fall is just being cautious since he has all his Lilly and MJ on his compie

I LOVE IT!!!GIF ANYONE???
Old 03-22-2010, 01:26 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Well, I could agree with some of this, such as the eye make-up thing, but maybe I stopped caring as much and then it's easier to just accept it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
...There is a part where she is out doors in the fur coat and she blinks and it made me wonder if it was the eye make up that made her blink.
My guess is that it was too bright out. It was overcast with that thin cloud layer that just diffuses the light. At least in some ways, not the ideal day for it.

As for going to New York, how much time and money do they have to do this? That's a serious trip to make just to toss some authenticity into it. Alizée has to get her daughter to school in the morning. It's a bit out of her way to go to New York. I'm not sure that some of you have yet figured out what level of production we're dealing with here. This ain't no Hollywood blockbuster.

Quote:
There's two other minor problems I have with the video. In the outdoor parts where Roman said ...images moving around, unclear........well I thought it was a little bit too unclear where she is hugging a friend.
I'll admit, at first view I wasn't even sure that she was hugging someone it was so unclear. This is yet another instance where the producer may have forgotten that some people will make a judgment after seeing it cold only once, while he/she has worked on it much longer through all of it's development. One guy from the French club at Sac City yesterday told me that he had seen her video the day before. It came up after I mentioned that Alizée was the reason I started learning French. I should have asked him more about what he thought of it. We were trying to speak French though, and I am very weak there. Anyway...

Quote:
The other minor criticism is the short part where I guess they are showing a little part of her leg. It's obvious they didn't want to be trashy, too Mylene Farmer, as some people might say, by showing too much leg, but I thought they didn't go far enough, so you had some doubt as to whether it was a leg you were seeing or not.
Whatever it was, I'm sure it wasn't far enough. I don't remember even seeing that!

As the weeks go by, I find myself liking this song more. It's very catchy. Even the repetitions become perhaps somewhat hypnotic and aren't really a problem, even if not ideal, especially with the video. I suppose that's what they were going for.

I wonder about remixes and concert performances. It seems like, songs like this, they could really scale up a lot for a concert performance, if you know what I mean.

Merci Fanny
Old 03-22-2010, 05:01 PM

Justin Case anyone wants it(I'll post it every once in awhile), here is the link for the Les Collines Music Video:

http://rapidshare.com/files/36653836...usic_Video.mp4
Old 03-22-2010, 05:11 PM

Sitting by the bay is on a distinguished road

Please excuse the repetition if someone already pointed this out. (No time to read archives)

La Isla Bonita: Huge Youtube hit with millions of views, launched global awareness of Alizee.

Les Collines: Nearly 400,000 views in less than a week

I'm just saying.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitting by the bay View Post
La Isla Bonita: Huge Youtube hit with millions of views, launched global awareness of Alizee.

Les Collines: Nearly 400,000 views in less than a week

I'm just saying.

I totally see where you are going with this...possible 1,000,000views in a week? 10,000,000 this year???
Old 03-22-2010, 06:30 PM

Sitting by the bay is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
I totally see where you are going with this...possible 1,000,000views in a week? 10,000,000 this year???
Actually not where I was going, but good point noetheless. I was just making a far fetched correlation, between her youtube clips success and her hair.

But you had to go get all analytical on my, heh?